Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:45 PM
Default Building Hotels!
Please tell me there is a tutorial kicking around somewhere that explains how to build a hotel.

I'm making my own custom travel destination and I need to build some hotels/resorts.

I haven't tried yet but when I try to do something for the first time, I want to do it correctly.

Also if anybody has some good tips/ideas... that would wonderful
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:09 AM
Do you mean a hotel as in, the Bon Voyage lot type? Or just in general, a building that looks like a hotel?

I couldn't help with either question, but I think it would be good if you specify which one you mean.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:01 AM
I've only built one hotel but I learned a couple things:

Like an apartment, each suite should only have one main door leading into it although there can be several doors inside it for bathrooms and multiple bedrooms. Again like apts. a balcony is okay as long as there is no other openings in the fence.

The main door has to be the Solidity door and it needs to go on in the right direction with the brass plate in the hall and the paper thingie facing into the suite.

You need to have a hotel desk to spawn your desk clerk and bellhop.

Don't forget to put a phone in your suites so your guests can call for room service.

That's the obvious stuff. Funny stuff that I've seen in my and other hotels that you might want to avoid:

A table for 4 in a restaurant against a diagonal wall. Of course the dumb sim got out of the chair on the wrong side and was trapped. I had to check out...watching one of the guests starve to death is a sure way to ruin a vacation.

Placing a table for two for room service up against the back of a couch. Of course the waiter throws the food on to the table while standing in front of the couch, neither the guests nor the bellhop can reach that slot and their vacation is ruined by swarms of flies.

One room is built two stories above the disco but the guests still can't sleep from the noise and have to check out and go home. Even the townie guests won't sleep there.

One door in the entire hotel is put on backwards and the bellhop along with most of the guest decide to go in that room and watch a little free tv. They are all trapped and there is no room service or housekeeping for the remaining guests who have booked an extended vacation in a now filthy room.

Other than that you can do whatever you want with your hotel that your computer can handle. Hope this helps!
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:58 AM
Thank you very much

How do you change the lot zone type so the game recognizes it as a hotel though? There doesn't seem to be a "hotel" lot type so idk what I'm supposed to do
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:29 AM
" 1. Create a lot and make either a residential or community lot.
2. Bring up the cheat box. (Shift+Control+C)
3. Type in: changelotzoning hotel
4. Hit enter.
5. Save your game, exit to the neighborhood, and click on the lot and where it says what type of lot zoning it is, it should now say 'Lodging'."

Copied this from one of the wikis
Typical
#6 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bubbajoe62
" 1. Create a lot and make either a residential or community lot.

I don't think you can use a residential lot. Because after you 'turn it into a hotel' you won't have the phone, instead you'll have the mailbox.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:21 PM
^ Yes, start with a community lot first

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 8:31 PM
Omg Omg Omg!!! I Love You Qbuilderz, You Are Really Great At Creatin' Stuff!
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:06 PM
I'm not looking to make a hotel, but an apartment building. Can anyone help me?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:36 PM
taylorb13, please use the search or post your own thread. This thread is about hotels, not apartments.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 3:56 PM
Default Thanks for sharing what you learned
Thanks for sharing what you learned bubbajoe62. The Solidity door piece is what my hotel needed to function properly (I was using the apartment door)! Adding a hotel to my town created a new dimension for interaction to my town and storey! I love it and will be building more!

Quote: Originally posted by bubbajoe62
I've only built one hotel but I learned a couple things:

Like an apartment, each suite should only have one main door leading into it although there can be several doors inside it for bathrooms and multiple bedrooms. Again like apts. a balcony is okay as long as there is no other openings in the fence.

The main door has to be the Solidity door and it needs to go on in the right direction with the brass plate in the hall and the paper thingie facing into the suite.

You need to have a hotel desk to spawn your desk clerk and bellhop.

Don't forget to put a phone in your suites so your guests can call for room service.

That's the obvious stuff. Funny stuff that I've seen in my and other hotels that you might want to avoid:

A table for 4 in a restaurant against a diagonal wall. Of course the dumb sim got out of the chair on the wrong side and was trapped. I had to check out...watching one of the guests starve to death is a sure way to ruin a vacation.

Placing a table for two for room service up against the back of a couch. Of course the waiter throws the food on to the table while standing in front of the couch, neither the guests nor the bellhop can reach that slot and their vacation is ruined by swarms of flies.

One room is built two stories above the disco but the guests still can't sleep from the noise and have to check out and go home. Even the townie guests won't sleep there.

One door in the entire hotel is put on backwards and the bellhop along with most of the guest decide to go in that room and watch a little free tv. They are all trapped and there is no room service or housekeeping for the remaining guests who have booked an extended vacation in a now filthy room.

Other than that you can do whatever you want with your hotel that your computer can handle. Hope this helps!

DDude
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 12:30 AM
Do any of you know how to make a hotel without BV?

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ how ya doin
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
I don't think you can use a residential lot. Because after you 'turn it into a hotel' you won't have the phone, instead you'll have the mailbox.

Lol you're right. I've never seen a hotel with a mailbox.

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ how ya doin
Locked thread