Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cenotaph of the Tribal Covenant - Buy/Sell Infants/Toddlers

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 9th Mar 2014 at 9:53 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2017 at 11:21 PM by maybesomethingdunno

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#101 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:22 AM
So cool!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#102 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 11:42 AM
sounded interesting, so I am downloading.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#103 Old 26th May 2017 at 8:17 PM
I downloaded all the required files but I can't click on it and it causes the 'Attribute number out of range' error
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:16 AM
@lunatails
What does the stack trace in the object's error log say?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Trainee Moderator
#105 Old 29th May 2017 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
@lunatails
What does the stack trace in the object's error log say?

Object id: 185
name: N016_User00479 - Shenene
Stack size: 6
Error: Attribute number out of range.
Iterations: 1
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 134
Stack Object name: Sculpture - Cenotaph of the Tribal Covenant
Node: 5
Tree: id 8194 name 'Interaction - View - TEST' version -32737
from PaintingGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: 1 0 Locals:

here's a part of it, if you need the full version I can provide it, I just didn't want to take up a bunch of space
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 29th May 2017 at 6:21 PM
@lunatails
I haven't been able to reproduce this error. I'm not sure what is causing the error, but it doesn't seem to be anything I added. 'Interaction - View - TEST' is the code that runs to determine if the Sim can perform the normal "View" interaction. It's the same "View" interaction that comes with all decorative objects. I didn't touch that.

Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
#107 Old 30th May 2017 at 3:44 AM
@lunatails
I haven't been able to reproduce this error. I'm not sure what is causing the error, but it doesn't seem to be anything I added. 'Interaction - View - TEST' is the code that runs to determine if the Sim can perform the normal "View" interaction. It's the same "View" interaction that comes with all decorative objects. I didn't touch that.

That is really odd, maybe I will try re-downloading it
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#108 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:07 PM
I tried re-downloading it and still had the same issue, I even tried every version available but none of them were selectable
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 30th May 2017 at 11:44 PM
Hmm... It might be a conflict with another mod. You might try moving your EA Games folder to another location and try it without any other CC.

Tumblr
Mad Poster
#110 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 4:48 PM
Love the Ogre - and so do some green frog ladies; when they have his babies they are suitable chubby faced and messy.
Ogre is NOT an adoption (I LIKE the fact that kids keep family ties!). Kids do NOT go into the adoption pool (they can't be ADOPTED by calling adoption service) they can only be gotten by calling the Ogre. But since they technically become Townees (they get townee marker when Ogre gets them), can be retrieved & added to family (which destroys any family ties AND memories) via Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, or the Teleporter cat.
And in case you didn't read it elsewhere, a reminder: Ogre does NOT "create" babies/toddlers (like adoption service does), it has to have been given/sold one.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#111 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 5:12 PM
This mod seems very awesome and I was looking forward to using it, but I am getting the "bad gosub tree" error. Could this mod conflict with SimBlender or mods like that?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 11:26 PM
DixiexLilly: Could you post your error log please?

Tumblr
Test Subject
#113 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 10:47 PM
Sorry for just replying now!
I noticed that when I have my boolprop cheat off (I usually like to keep it on) I do not get an error, but I cannot sell the babies or toddlers. It is only when the cheat is on I get an error. I hope I included everything!

Object id: 603
name: G001_User00307 - Lilly
Error: Bad gosub tree number.
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 3
Stack Object name: Portal - Car - Service Start
Node: 4
Tree: id 4100 name 'Any Infants in hood?' version 3
from hula_dancer
Params: Locals: 0
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:53 PM
Hmm...If I recall correctly, that error happens when a BHAV is run from later EP in an earlier environment. Your profile says you're missing AL...this shouldn't require AL since I recreated the Global. I'm afraid I'm not sure what else would cause this.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#115 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 1:26 AM
Aw :/ Well thank you for responding, I really appreciate it
If I ever decide to run Windows again on my Mac and install the complete collection, I'll install the mod and see how it works then.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#116 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:47 PM
This is such a funny mod. Thank you. I love your creativity. :)
Field Researcher
#117 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:03 AM
Very nice. However not working for me so maybe I missed this somewhere. I had already made a couple of toddlers into townies with the simblender, so I guess I assumed this would basically take from the same/usual adoption pool, but I don't see any kids available when he is called. Do I have to give up orphans only through the ogre directly for sims to obtain kids from him?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:15 PM
TheDraizeTrain I'm not sure why they're not showing up for you. It should be looking for any toddlers (or younger) who match the "[global 0x0676] Family - Is Townie? (1 arg:
Neighbor's person data 0x003D (family number))" test. I would have to compare how SimBlender handles setting Sim to be townies. I want to say I tested Sims not given up through the ogre, but it's been a long time since I made this.

Tumblr
Field Researcher
#119 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:59 PM
TheDraizeTrain I'm not sure why they're not showing up for you. It should be looking for any toddlers (or younger) who match the "[global 0x0676] Family - Is Townie? (1 arg:
Neighbor's person data 0x003D (family number))" test. I would have to compare how SimBlender handles setting Sim to be townies. I want to say I tested Sims not given up through the ogre, but it's been a long time since I made this.

Thanks for replying! Hmm, I'm not too great with SimPE, so I'm not sure where to find this information. I'm attaching a screenshot on the info I see on SimPE, but not sure if at all relevant.
Screenshots
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:52 AM
TheDraizeTrain: You might try adding the Sim back to the family and then give them up via the Ogre?

Tumblr
Field Researcher
#121 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:15 PM Last edited by TheDraizeTrain : 30th Jun 2018 at 6:30 PM.
TheDraizeTrain: You might try adding the Sim back to the family and then give them up via the Ogre?

I just got a new computer built so I did it the proper way the first time through the ogre and that works as intended! I still may play around with my old laptop just to see if it'll work again, too.

Really appreciate the replies!

EDIT: Yup, works fine after adding townie toddler to household and then giving her up to ogre again. Only that toddler showed up on the list of available kids even though there are other toddler townies. Guess it all does have to go through him!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 5:05 AM
I have used this mod in my fantasy medieval hood with no problems. I want to thank you for this amusing and creative mod. My hood is now filled with a community of ogres who "steal" infants and toddlers.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 9:16 PM
This doesn't work for me sadly (Gunk shows when the horn is blown, but I can't interact with him except for generating his auto message, and it creates an error). I don't have Apartment Life installed on this computer.

Build: 1.7.0.145
at Jan 25 2007,22:24:47

Object id: 205
name: N001_User00080 - Jessica
Error: Bad gosub tree number.
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 3
Stack Object name: Portal - Pedestrian
Node: 4
Tree: id 4100 name 'Any Infants in hood?' version 3
from hula_dancer
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Stack Object id: 205
Stack Object name: N001_User00080 - Jessica
Node: 2
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Params: 4 0 Locals:
Frame 2:
Node: 7
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: 5 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 109
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 5 20 0
Frame 0:
Node: 14
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 50
from Template_Burglar

(I deleted the rest since it's so long.)

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 1:25 PM
If you buy a child from Gunk, does that child get the surname of their new family, or do they keep their old surname?
Page 5 of 5