Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 11:53 AM Last edited by Sketching : 5th Oct 2018 at 12:37 PM.
Default Easel Project
(I think this is the right section for this question but feel free to move it if it isn't.)

I'm sorry if I'm actually missing something basic, but I wanted to make Simlogical's reservable easel take the textures of the in-game easel. I bumped into a problem though - the reservable easel doesn't seem to have the resources (GMDC, etc.) needed for me to link to the original. I'm not sure how to progress - or if what I was planning is actually impossible.

If anyone could shed some light on the matter, I'd really appreciate the help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 5:46 PM
Looks like all the resources you need to slave something is gone from that file. Can't even be recolored.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 9:53 AM
Oh, that's too bad then - not even my back-up plan of recoloring the reservable easel instead would work.

Thanks, simmer22.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Oh, that's too bad then - not even my back-up plan of recoloring the reservable easel instead would work.

Thanks, simmer22.

Why can't you clone just the resources you need from the Maxis easel and add them (with permission) to the resource list of Inge's easel? OR Take Inge's easel and clone the resources from it and replace those in the Maxis clone. There are a few bits to tidy up but, it seems do-able to me. Just saying...Hope you find an answer soon; I hate to see frustrated and disappointed Simmers.

Good Luck
Debra
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:00 AM
Thank you, HeartDeco - when you put it that way, it sounds feasible. Although that's out of my skill set at the moment, I'll slowly work on it when I get some free time.