Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:17 AM
Default An updated mod of this one:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=567842

Looking for an updated mod so that sims won't wash their dishes in the sink. Many times I click the dishwasher and select Load Dishes and my sim will head to a random sink (doesn't even have to be one close by). I see for some people that this mod doesn't work and for others that it does. So if another doesn't exist I'd like confirmation on if this works. I would expect that the parenting game pack would have an affect on dish washing by kids and teens since it ties in with their values.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=567842

Looking for an updated mod so that sims won't wash their dishes in the sink. Many times I click the dishwasher and select Load Dishes and my sim will head to a random sink (doesn't even have to be one close by). I see for some people that this mod doesn't work and for others that it does. So if another doesn't exist I'd like confirmation on if this works. I would expect that the parenting game pack would have an affect on dish washing by kids and teens since it ties in with their values.

That mod is missing data related to lot traits and I can't remember what else was changed, so I updated it for myself. It wasn't difficult, because it was simply a matter of identifying the few lines Plasticbox removed for each sink. I'm not uploading it, because I have zero interest in being tied up with checking mods each month in case something happens or I lose interest in Sims 4.

I will say, if you update this for yourself, that you'll need to do it for all the pack sinks, because this obviously just covers the base game sinks.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:08 PM
Why don't you send it to the OP invididually, if she would like that, since she will now understand that you're not going to maintain it

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 1:23 AM
I'm not capable of editing mods myself, so I wouldn't be able to maintain it. What would be nice is finding a modder who has created it, or would maintain this mod, and keep it updated.

I don't need aparkison's updated mod because here soon more updates will come out in preparation for Cats and Dogs, and if those don't break the mod the expansion pack most likely will, or if it doesn't, it won't apply to the new sinks that will probably come in the expansion.
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:02 AM
I'm not capable of editing mods myself, so I wouldn't be able to maintain it. What would be nice is finding a modder who has created it, or would maintain this mod, and keep it updated.

I don't need aparkison's updated mod because here soon more updates will come out in preparation for Cats and Dogs, and if those don't break the mod the expansion pack most likely will, or if it doesn't, it won't apply to the new sinks that will probably come in the expansion.

It's really not that hard. I did some small modding for myself for Sims 3 when I got desperate because I had some mods in need of updating. I never did anything with modding and Sims 4 until very recently, because all of the patches are so intimidating. It's really painless with Sims 4 Studio though. My problem is sharing anything, because I had a terrible experience with that for Skyrim, and that put me off wanting to deal with the public and modding forever. My anxiety just can't deal with the pressure.

This series on modding at SimsVIP is really good: The Sims 4 How To: Create a Mod. I don't use XML Compare though, like she recommends - just WinMerge. I basically looked at the files that Plasticbox had in comparison with the up-to-date XMLs from Maxis using WinMerge. From there I just knew I had to recreate all the sink mods from scratch. It's only a few lines to remove.

It looks scary, but it's more time-consuming than anything.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:10 PM
In that case, would you mind sharing your updated file with me and I can attempt to maintain it for myself? You can shoot me a message with it if you'd like. If I only have to maintain one file I think I can do it, and plus, my sims going to a sink all the way across my house is really annoying, so that's motivation enough to learn how to edit an XML file.
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:19 PM
In that case, would you mind sharing your updated file with me and I can attempt to maintain it for myself? You can shoot me a message with it if you'd like. If I only have to maintain one file I think I can do it, and plus, my sims going to a sink all the way across my house is really annoying, so that's motivation enough to learn how to edit an XML file.

I just sent you a PM!