Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 11:08 AM Last edited by Fearless Butterfly : 1st Apr 2024 at 11:48 AM.
Default Zodiac and personality points
Does anyone know what personality point swings for each zodiac? Like playful and grouchy for Taurus etc?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 12:28 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 1st Apr 2024 at 12:56 PM.
It's quite easy, if you go into CAS and make a Sim, to see what default Personality points you get with each Zodiac sign. Unless you mean something else by "swings for".

Anyway, I've made up a simple spreadsheet showing the personality points for each Zodiac sign:

I tried to attach the spreadsheet itself, but the rules won't let me. I'll see if I can share it on Sims File Share and post a link.

[EDIT] Spreadsheet shared on Sims File Share. Here's the link: Sims Zodiac Signs Spreadsheet

I've just noticed a minor error in my spreadsheet. The 10th Zodiac sign is called Capricorn with an "rn", but I've written Capricom with an "m" instead. That's because in the tiny font Maxis used for The Sims 2 "m" and "rn" look the same. I'm sure it's a mistake that I'd never have made if I had any real interest in astrology. But I haven't!! The name "Capricorn" is also used for the southern tropic, so I really should have known how to spell it. I've pointed my stupid mistake out, but it seems so trivial that I really can't be bothered to change it!!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 6:36 PM
5 nice points for a Capricorn then - seems about right
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It's quite easy, if you go into CAS and make a Sim, to see what default Personality points you get with each Zodiac sign. Unless you mean something else by "swings for".

Anyway, I've made up a simple spreadsheet showing the personality points for each Zodiac sign:

I tried to attach the spreadsheet itself, but the rules won't let me. I'll see if I can share it on Sims File Share and post a link.

[EDIT] Spreadsheet shared on Sims File Share. Here's the link: Sims Zodiac Signs Spreadsheet

I've just noticed a minor error in my spreadsheet. The 10th Zodiac sign is called Capricorn with an "rn", but I've written Capricom with an "m" instead. That's because in the tiny font Maxis used for The Sims 2 "m" and "rn" look the same. I'm sure it's a mistake that I'd never have made if I had any real interest in astrology. But I haven't!! The name "Capricorn" is also used for the southern tropic, so I really should have known how to spell it. I've pointed my stupid mistake out, but it seems so trivial that I really can't be bothered to change it!!

Thanks for that. But i'm sorta more after so say i give a sim 10 nice, 6 playful, 2 sloppy, 3 active and 4 shy which sign would it give? So mixing the points up some what so not all cancers are 64646 etc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Thanks for that. But i'm sorta more after so say i give a sim 10 nice, 6 playful, 2 sloppy, 3 active and 4 shy which sign would it give? So mixing the points up some what so not all cancers are 64646 etc
You get Aquarius!

I suggest your best course is to mess about in CAS to see what you get. Like I did to get this Sim! I actually run CAS every time I start the game, to "roll the pacifier"; i.e. to combat the firstborn syndrome. While I'm in CAS I often enjoy messing around with personality points, and I find it fun. My usual way is to generate a Sim, and see how far I can go playing with personality points without changing their Zodiac sign.

Of course CAS only works for personalities that add up to 25 points. To do this for personalities that don't add up to 25, the only way I know is to do it in game, but to turn on TestingCheatsEnabled before opening the lot. If you do this, you can drag the personality points up and down, and the game will change the Zodiac sign if you go outside the range for the existing sign. That was how I changed Ravi Bertino's personality some years ago. At that time I was using Pescado's Romance Mod and Ravi was an out-of-the-box Virgo. (The same as Andrew is.) I wanted Ravi (a Pleasure Sim) to get into an "open" relation with Jack Gill. To do that under the rules of the Romance Mod, his Outgoing + Playful + Nice points had to add up to at least 15. Now I wanted to keep him shy and serious, so the only way to achieve that was to increase his Nice points from 5 to 10. That didn't change his Zodiac sign, but it turned him into one of the kindest, most considerate Sims in my game. It's always a pleasure to play him. But, if you play about with personality points in-game in this way, remember that you're changing the personalities of Sims who are already in your game. If you don't want to make these changes permanent, make sure youe leave the lot without saving.

You can also adjust Sims' personality points in SimPE, but if you do it there, it won't be related to their Zodiac sign. In SimPE you can change personality as much as you like, and their Zodiac signs won't change at all. In some cases that may be what you want, but don't change personality in SimPE, if you want it to stay linked to their Zodiac sign.

Good Luck and Happy Simming!!
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 3:33 PM
I wonder if anyone ever made a mod to unlink zodiac from personality, so you could choose the personality and the zodiac sign independently.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 8:48 PM
Cyjon outlines how chemistry works on their site - http://www.cyjon.net/node/86. Basically the best chemistry is between two sims with only 1 personality point difference between them, with mutually attracted zodiacs and of course factors like aspiration and turn-ons correlated. So a born in game Taurus with:
Neat 8
Outgoing 10
Athletic 7
Playful 10
Nice 0

will have stupendous chemistry with a born in game Aries with:
Neat 8
Outgoing 10
Athletic 7
Playful 9
Nice 0

especially with everything else lining up (turn-ons, aspirations).

This really only matters though if you use a mod like acr - as the "one" sim is weighted by chemistry to some extent.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 10:02 PM
In my experience changing personality points in SimPE doesn't affect the Sim's Zodiac sign, and I would imagine that you could equally change the Zodiac sign in SimPE without it affecting personality. So I suppose this effectively unlinks them. I don't know for certain if something in game (e.g. encouragement) might restore the link, but there are some Maxis pre-made characters whose Zodiac sign doesn't line up with their personality points in the usual way. Maybe somebody can test if one of these Sims is encouraged in game, if it also changes their Zodiac sign. Even under Maxis rules I don't think it should change, as changes to personality caused by encouragement are not genetic -- they're not passed on to offspring.

Ideally I think Zodiac sign and personality should be disconnected. Whatever one thinks of astrology, in real life star signs do not change, as they are determined by the date and time of one's birth, whereas I think most of us would accept that people's personality can change over the course of their lives.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 10:16 PM
Vacation locals (but not tourists), Belladonna cove residents and NPC's all personality's unlinked from their zodiac, so far as I'm aware anyway. I like the match between personality and zodiac, as it suits my playstyle - to the point where I'll cheat and restore the above catagories of sims back to what their zodiac would be if matched with personality. On the other hand these sims can add a bit more chemistry randomness to the game, which many players may prefer. One thing that does bug me is how zodiac is also tied aspiration with game generated townies - unless you go ahead and change it yourself. I don't want all my towny virgos to be knowledge!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I wonder if anyone ever made a mod to unlink zodiac from personality, so you could choose the personality and the zodiac sign independently.

I haven't seen a mod like that, but I did notice this related one a while back, which gets rid of zodiac chemistry -
https://modthesims.info/d/653309/no...-chemistry.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 8:23 AM

You still can once the sim is made. Simblender>Traits>Zodiac. Set it to whatever you like.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 8:23 AM

You still can once the sim is made. Simblender>Traits>Zodiac. Set it to whatever you like.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 11:58 AM
There is a wiki page about zodiac signs and zodiac compatibility in the sims games https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Zodiac_sign

When I create new sims in CAS and for sims who are born in-game I use cindy's/pleasantview zodiac system to assign their aspirations. What doesn't make sense to me (in the most cases) are the premades' signs and aspirations. I mean, Daniel Pleasant is a Virgo so how and why does he have the Romance aspiration? Angela and Lilith have the Aquarius sign but they have the Popularity aspiration... Even the personality points don't match the way they should have been to fit the zodiac sign. I use the Sim Manipulator (I'm still "afraid" of the SimPE, lol!) to "adjust" my sims' personalities to what I think would fit them.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Ideally I think Zodiac sign and personality should be disconnected. Whatever one thinks of astrology, in real life star signs do not change, as they are determined by the date and time of one's birth, whereas I think most of us would accept that people's personality can change over the course of their lives.

But sims' personality doesn't change at all, except with encourage.

Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
There is a wiki page about zodiac signs and zodiac compatibility in the sims games https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Zodiac_sign When I create new sims in CAS and for sims who are born in-game I use cindy's/pleasantview zodiac system to assign their aspirations. What doesn't make sense to me (in the most cases) are the premades' signs and aspirations. I mean, Daniel Pleasant is a Virgo so how and why does he have the Romance aspiration? Angela and Lilith have the Aquarius sign but they have the Popularity aspiration... Even the personality points don't match the way they should have been to fit the zodiac sign. I use the Sim Manipulator (I'm still "afraid" of the SimPE, lol!) to "adjust" my sims' personalities to what I think would fit them.

Why can a Virgo not be Romance or an Aquarius, Popularity?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Yeah, I know. I meant when creating a sim.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 7:25 PM
Charity, because (at least the way I see it) sims need to be more Outgoing to pursue a lot of romantic interests at once or to want to be "Popular". Daniel has 4 "Shy" points and Angela and Lilith have 3 (even though, if I remember correctly, Lilith has even less because of the way she was "raised"). In the same spirit, Don Lothario and his "glorious" 1 "Sloppy" personality point is kind of a disgrace for a Leo, my dad irl (who, actually, was a Leo) would have been extremely pissed if he knew that because he might not have been the "neat-est" person ever born but he was never that "messy" either... I'm pretty sure that Maxis wanted to "humiliate" Don (and all the "Romance" sims) along with "bad" Lilith because of their "bad" personality but, at least in my case, they succeeded exactly the opposite, lol! Lilith is one of my most favourite sims in the whole game and Romance has become my favourite aspiration (especially after I use the Sim Manipulator to give the sims 1 or 2 more Neat points if they need it).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 10:59 PM
But sims' personality doesn't change at all, except with encourage.

Not in CAS but in game. The sim manipulator can add or subtract personality points then simblender to set genetic. If you wish a sim to be a certain way I would randomize all the things in CAS apart from looks then set them up on a lot.

CAS is not flexible and I doubt it ever will be. Getting the lighting fixed and extra sliders is probably as good as it will ever get. Unless LD and anyone else working on the new fixed Sims 2 works some magic.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 8:30 AM
Charity, because (at least the way I see it) sims need to be more Outgoing to pursue a lot of romantic interests at once or to want to be "Popular". Daniel has 4 "Shy" points and Angela and Lilith have 3 (even though, if I remember correctly, Lilith has even less because of the way she was "raised"). In the same spirit, Don Lothario and his "glorious" 1 "Sloppy" personality point is kind of a disgrace for a Leo, my dad irl (who, actually, was a Leo) would have been extremely pissed if he knew that because he might not have been the "neat-est" person ever born but he was never that "messy" either... I'm pretty sure that Maxis wanted to "humiliate" Don (and all the "Romance" sims) along with "bad" Lilith because of their "bad" personality but, at least in my case, they succeeded exactly the opposite, lol! Lilith is one of my most favourite sims in the whole game and Romance has become my favourite aspiration (especially after I use the Sim Manipulator to give the sims 1 or 2 more Neat points if they need it).

In my opinion, Maxis wasn't out to humiliate anybody. They just sort of took a basis for how those horoscopes are usually portrayed and translated it into points. It's worth noting though that there's a ton of different options so not all sims with the same zodiac sign will be the same. Don doesn't seem to be set up for humiliation. In fact, he's kind of set up for success. He seems to just be a fuckboy, but all grown up. Lillith's personality is similar to her twin sister's, but does speak to more neglect.

I used to assign aspiration based on personality (and interests) to newly born sims, but I stopped doing that. Mismatches like shy popularity sims can be challenging and interesting!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 8:37 AM
Zodiac and Attraction linked?

Well, I did not know that.

I guess I can honestly say that, since Sims 2 came out, it has never bothered me.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 9:50 AM
Charity, because (at least the way I see it) sims need to be more Outgoing to pursue a lot of romantic interests at once or to want to be "Popular". Daniel has 4 "Shy" points and Angela and Lilith have 3 (even though, if I remember correctly, Lilith has even less because of the way she was "raised").

Difference in opinion then. I think that any personality mix can have any aspiration and they just approach it in different ways. It would be kind of boring if every Romance sim had to be outgoing, for example. And a shy sim who desperately wanted to be popular, yet couldn't bring themselves to approach people, would be quite interesting to play.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not in CAS but in game. The sim manipulator can add or subtract personality points then simblender to set genetic. If you wish a sim to be a certain way I would randomize all the things in CAS apart from looks then set them up on a lot.

I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to AndrewGloria saying that RL people's personalities can change over time. Unless you use a mod then after they're out of CAS nothing in their regular lives changes sims' personalities (except encourage).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 12:25 PM
I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to AndrewGloria saying that RL people's personalities can change over time. Unless you use a mod then after they're out of CAS nothing in their regular lives changes sims' personalities (except encourage).

You can still do that by adding or subtracting a point as you feel the sim might due to events in their lives. I mostly tend to give traits but personality points is something to think about. I change attraction based on the relationship they end up with and as they age. At 20 they might not be attracted to grey hair and a good cook but they might at 60.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 3:20 PM
Yeah, but my point was that if you do nothing at all then they don't change naturally from anything in the game. I was responding to AndrewGloria saying that zodiac should be unlinked from personality, because a zodiac sign is fixed from birth and doesn't change, whereas people's personalities can change over time. I pointed out that in Sims 2 they are both fixed from birth (without mods or interference), so it wasn't the same as in RL.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 4:55 PM
I am pretty sure there IS a mod which unlinks zodiac from personality, but no idea who made it. I want to say one of the newer creators like Midge or LazyDuchess? But I am not sure.

Edit: It is a setting in RPC Launcher.

https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...n-now-choose-to

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#23 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 8:17 AM
Ugh. Why does Malwarebytes always block Lazy Duchess' site? What even is cdn.discordapp.com?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 9:10 AM
Probably Discord's CDN, lmao. I have malwarebytes and it's never blocked any tumblr blog.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Probably Discord's CDN, lmao. I have malwarebytes and it's never blocked any tumblr blog.

Do you have the Browser Guard? It likes to block more awesome than you and insimenator too, but at least with those I can choose to go to the site anyway. It doesn't block other Tumblrs, just Lazy Duchess.
Page 1 of 2