Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:24 PM Last edited by happenin_holly : 14th Jun 2009 at 1:57 PM.
Default 'Sim Brother - Rags or Riches?' Day 3 now up!

Welcome to 'Sim Brother: Rags or Riches?'! There is a secret twist to this year's show, as at the beginning of Week 2 the House will be split into two separate Houses - the Rich House and the Poor House. The overview picture of the House clearly shows two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two living areas, two Diary Rooms and two gardens. The Rich House is sprawling and luxurious, while the Poor House comprises only basic and austere furnishings. The Housemates may realise from the difference between the two sections of the House that not everything is as it seems...
There is also an as yet unassigned area to the rear of the House, with entrances from both the Rich and Poor Houses. This in fact the Taskzone, where Housemates will be required to complete challenges and Tasks for rewards. Generally the reward for winning a Task will be the right to reside in the Rich House for the next week, while losers of Tasks will be assigned to the Poor House.
However, for the first week everything will be normal...

Our first Housemate is ARNOLD (hereby referred to as A). Arnold is an actor and, latterly, a politician. He enters the House hoping to win as he feels "sure that the voters of Simerica will vote for him once more."

The next Housemate into the House is AVRIL (Av). She is a Canadian singer/songwriter best known for hits such as 'Sk8er S1m' who hopes that fans of her music will vote for her.

The third Housemate is BJORK (B). She an Icelandic singer/songwriter known for her kooky singing style and unusual dress sense. She knows that she is the underdog in this competition but says "Some Simericans may like me for who I am, not what music I make."

The next Housemate entering the House is JOHN (J). John is a well-known comedian, part of the famous 70s troupe Monty Pysim. He thinks that "the older lady might appreciate me and hopefully fans of my comedy will like me too".

Next into the House is MARTHA (M). Martha is a TV personality with a penchant for good housekeeping. She was recently relased from Simjail and decided to come into the House to prove to Simerica that she is a good person.

OZZY (O) is the sixth Housemate to arrive. He is a TV personality and, formerly, part of the metal group Black Simbath. He hopes that by being in the House he will be in the papers for a new reason.

The seventh Housemate to enter is TIGER (T), a sports personality with a natural talent for golf. Tiger says "I just hope I don't lose my game by being here for seven weeks!"

Finally, TYRA (Ty) enters the House. Tyra is a model who is currently best known for her work on the show 'Simerica's Next Top Model' finding other hopefuls to become supermodels. Tyra thinks her looks will give her a huge advantage over other contestants.

Day 1 9:00 am
All the Housemates are in the Rich lounge. Martha and Ozzy are talking about their respective television appearances.
O: So what have you been on?
M: Oh, you know... various things.
O: My son is off throwing himself out of planes and off bridges or something at the moment.
M: That's... nice.

9:18 am
Tiger and Avril are discussing their fellow Housemates.
Av: What do you think of everybody then?
T: I think it's a good bunch. I think we'll have a good few weeks in here.
Av: I'm a little unsure of Ozzy. He shakes like crazy!
T: He can't help it. Anyway, it's way too soon to judge in my opinion.

10:01 am
John is in the Rich garden. He is having difficulty getting onto the hammock.
J: OW! Ooh, landing on these stones is not good for someone my age...

10:03 am
Arnold comes into the garden to see if John is OK.
A: Saw you take a fall there. Are you OK?
J: Just a bit bruised I think. What's the situation in politics then?
A: Pretty good, except the price of oil has risen. We pay too much to fill up our cars now.
J: I know. You'd think that it would be cheaper, what with the invasion and everything.

10:34 am
Tiger and Avril are having a pillow fight in the lounge. Ozzy has given Martha a bean bag he found so they can play hacky sack.
M: And what am I supposed to do with this?
Av: Take THAT!

11:11 am
Tyra is the first to use the Rich bathroom and spots the jacuzzi.
Ty: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! A few hours in the jacuzzi, I'll be soaked gorgeous again!

11:49 am
John is still in the Rich garden. He is now playing darts by himself.
J: It's been years since I've played darts! Double 18, that takes me down to 423. Lovely!

12:02 pm
John is the first to use the Poor toilet, and therefore the first to realise that the door does not close when you sit on the toilet.
J: Where's the toilet paper? Wait... an old NEWSPAPER?! Is THAT what I have to use?! Oh this is ridiculous. What's the point of having two bathrooms if you can't even close the door in this one and there isn't even any loo roll!

12:23 pm
Avril, Bjork and Tyra are all in the jacuzzi in the Rich bathroom.
B: I love animals. All animals. Even little insects. Especially ladybirds, they're so adorable.
Ty: I love animals too, but I can't stand anythig creepy or crawly!
Avril splashes her playfully.
Av: Scaredy-cat!

12:53 pm
Martha is the first to come to the Diary Room.
SB: Good afternoon, Martha.
M: Hi Sim Brother. Ooh, it's a bit gaudy in here, isn't it?
SB: Martha, what are your first impressions of the House?
M: I lke it. The bathroom has a jacuzzi in it! Who could compain about that? And there are some lovely big sleigh beds in the bedroom. Although I have noticed there are only four - are we supposed to share?
SB: Sim Brother cannot answer that. Martha, what do you think of your fellow Housemates?
M: They seem nice enough. I've been chatting to Ozzy a bit and he seems lovely, if a little loud. John seems to have kept to himself a lot so far, so I might try and engage him in conversation at some point soon. Anyway, that's everything Sim Brother. See you soon!
SB: Bye Martha.

1:31 pm
John is in the Poor garden, reclining on one of the sunbeds.
J: Trust the chairs to be exactly where there's no sunshine. Hmm, I can tell already that my stay here will not be the most enjoyable. Newspaper for toilet roll!

2:08 pm
Arnold and Ozzy are talking on the floor of the kitchen.
A: I'm hoping to make a best friend in here. It'll be nice to leave with a new lifelong buddy.
John walks over holding a drink from the juice bar.
A: Is that juice, John?
J: Yep, tasty peach and mango. They've got all kinds of flavours of juice over there. You can mix and match! It's just about the only good thing in here. Did I tell you about the newspaper for toilet roll?
A: In the bathroom with the jacuzzi? They've got real toilet paper. Really soft stuff as well!
J: What?! I used the wrong toilet, clearly.

2:56 pm
Martha is making a salad for the House.
M: Mmm, looks delicious. Hope everyone's hungry!

3:16 pm
Arnold was the first to sample Martha's salad.
A: That was lovely Martha. How did you make the dressing?
M: Secret recipe, Arnold!
A: Ah, OK. I've got the hint.

3:33 pm
Martha is eating the salad and now Ozzy has joined her.
O: I can't believe it's still raining. So much for our first day in the House. It's been miserable all day.
M: So true. I was hoping to enjoy the sunshine in the garden, but there hasn't been much of an opportunity, all things considered. Do you have more juice, John? Come and eat some salad!
J: I will, but I want to finish my raspberry and grape first!

5:05 pm
Martha is cleaning where she prepared the salad earlier. Arnold is clearing the dirty plates.
A: All the plates of salad have gone, Martha. It seems to have gone down really well! I certainly enjoyed mine.
M: Thank you Arnold. Much as I enjoy cooking and cleaning, I do hope someone else cooks tomorrow!
A: Well, I don't think the jacuzzi crew have actually eaten yet, so maybe Tiger, Avril or Tyra wiill cook something a bit later.

6:13 pm
Tiger, Avril and Tyra are in the jacuzzi.
T: What do you both think of the House then?
Av: It's lovely! But there are only four beds, aren't there? I think we all need to sort out who we're going to share with.
Ty: I've already agreed with Bjork that we'll share. For tonight at least! She seems a lovely girl, though, if a little quiet, so maybe we'll share for the entire seven weeks. You never know!
Av: Oh OK, so Tiger, do you want to share with me then?
T: Sounds good to me! You know, I haven't spoken one word to John, Martha or Arnold today? They seem to have kept to themselves.
Av: Well, we'll make sure to try and talk to them tomorrow. Or when we're at the dinner table tonight or something.

7:43 pm
Tyra's rumbling stomach has caused her to finally leave the jacuzzi after almost eight hours of soaking.
Ty: God my skin is like a wrinkled old raisin!
A: Looks all right from where I'm standing, Tyra!
Ty: That's a little creepy Arnold! But thank you.
A: Please, call me Arnie. What are you making?
Ty: Oh, just about the only thing I can - Macaroni Cheese.
A: Right. Wish I hadn't just eaten Martha's salad now! Sounds lovely anyway.

7:58 pm
Tiger comes to the kitchen to prepare a meal.
Ty: Tiger! I'm making tonight's meal for everyone. Look, I'm nearly done! I only need to cook it!
T: Oh, sorry Ty I didn't know. Tell you what, I'll make this salmon up and we can all have it for lunch tomorrow OK?
T: All right.

8:14 pm
Tyra serves her bowls of Macaroni, much to everyone's delight, while Tiger puts his dish of salmon into the fridge for tomorrow.
B: That smells delicious!
T: Thanks, Bjork! This is for tomorrow though.
B: Oh... sorry, I meant the macaroni. But yours looks good too!

9:07 pm
Arnold, Avril, John and Tiger are eating Tyra's macaroni.
T: Arnold, What's the oil situation in Calsimfornia at the moment? I've heard it's getting pretty expensive.
J: Oh, don't get him started! He loves to talk about oil!
A: It is getting expensive Tiger, but that's because it's running out. It can't be helped.
Av: Isn't this macaroni nice? Guys?

10:22 pm
Martha and Ozzy are the first to bed, choosing to sleep in separate beds. Bjork comes in and notices they are already asleep. She chooses another bed.
B: Wonder who will sleep with Martha? John or Arnold? Hmm.

11:31 pm
John climbs into bed next to Martha, who turns over and mumbles something in her sleep.
J: Night Martha.

11:38 pm
Arnold, seeing John already sleeping in Martha's bed, climbs in next to Ozzy.
A: Wow, this must be what communal living is like.

12:14 am
Tiger and Avril get into bed.
Av: I'm going to face this way, OK? Try not to kick me in the night!
T: Try not to snore.
Av: Oy!
T *chuckling*: Night, Av.
Av: Good night Tiger.

12:32 pm
Tyra is the last to bed and gets into her promised space next to Bjork, who is snoring.
Ty: Oh god... how am I going to sleep with that noise?!

So that's Day 1 complete. The Housemates have arrived, settled in and formed tentative friendships. Strangely, none of them has explored the House enough to realise that there is a second bedroom with four more beds. Perhaps they would still prefer to share when they finally see the spartan quality of the other bedroom though! Day 2 may well bring their first command from Sim Brother, so check back soon for the next chapter to find out!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:01 PM
Default 'Sim Brother - Rags or Riches?' Day 2

Day 2 6:00 am
Sim Brother plays an alarm of whistles into the House to rouse the sleeping Housemates, who are quick to complain, but also quick to get up.
Ty: I'm UP! Just stop that racket Sim Brother!

7:12 am
Avril is playing darts by herself in the garden, dressed only in her underwear. The other Housemates are using the toilets and brushing their teeth.
Av: What a beautiful morning! Look at the butterflies! Oh, triple 19! SCORE!

7:45 am
John and Tiger are in the Rich bedroom.
T: John, John! Stop it! I'm so ticklish!
J: See? I can still make people laugh. I've still got it! I hope we can be friends in here Tiger. I know I kept to myself a lot yesterday but I would like to connect with people while I'm here.
T: I'm sure we'll be great friends, John. Don't worry! But don't tickle me any more!

9:31 am
Martha and Tyra are chatting in the kitchen. Tiger is making breakfast for the House.
M: I do indulge in a spot of painting now and then, but I don't really know that much about art. How about you? Do you like art?
Ty: Only the art of haute couture. I don't know anything about other kinds of art, but I can design and wear an outfit like no one else!

10:23 am
The Housemates are gathered round the table eating Tiger's prepared omelettes.
O: Looks like it might be a nice day today, bit of cloud cover, but could be sunny.
Ty: Oh I hope so. I want to relax in that hammock and get some sun.
M: Where you going, John? Don't you want an omelette?
J: Oh I'm just going to the Diary Room. Haven't been in there yet, thought I'd check it out.

10:56 am
John has come to the Diary Room.
SB: Hello John.
J: Hello Sim Brother.
SB: What did you wish to discuss with Sim Brother, John?
J: Oh, nothing in particular.
SB: How are you finding the House, John?
J: Nice, actually. I like it. Not sure of the purpose of the weird half-finished bit at the rear of the house, or the divide in the gardens, but I'm sure it will all become clear.
SB: What do think of your fellow Housemates, John?
J: They seem nice enough. I made a tentative friendship with Martha. Well, I say tentative but we slept in the same bed last night so I think that makes us firm friends now. I don't quite understand why you only gave us four beds.
SB: Sim Brother would suggest that you explore the rear of the House more fully, John.
J: What? OK, I'll do it now. Good bye Sim Brother!
SB: Good bye John.

11:36 am
The Housemates have finished breakfast and Ozzy is clearing up.
O: Dishwasher, dishwasher. Where's the f***ing dishwasher?
M: Next to the sink, Ozzy!

12:10 pm
John is the first to sample the bath in the Rich bathroom.
J: Ooh, this is nice. Almost as nice as my bath at home. Are there cameras in here?

1:46 pm
Most of the Housemates are in the lounge. Ozzy and Martha are having a pillow fight.
M: Oh, you are never going to win this, Ozzy. I am SO good at pillow fights. I will have you on the floor covered in goose feather in no time!
O: In your dreams, Martha. I have pillow fights with my wife ALL the time.
M: That's just a little creepy, Ozzy.

2:54 pm
Arnold and Avril are in the jacuzzi, talking about the economy.
Av: To be honest I don't understand it. I know that we're in a recession and that means that everyone is getting poorer or something, but beyond that I don't get it!
A: It's a little more complicated than that. But you've got it basically right. People don't have as much expendable income, so...
Av: Stop you there, Arnold. Let's talk about something else, OK? Until I actually run out of money, I don't need the details!
John and Tyra are talking about travel.
Ty: I do a lot of jetsetting for my modelling..
J: Oh, you're lucky. Make the most of it! I hardly move nowadays!

3:18 pm
Ozzy and Bjork are in the lounge discussing fashion.
B: Tyra's been telling me about fashion. It's all very interesting I'm sure, but to be honest I've always had my own style of dress, and I don't need anyone telling me what I should wear. Do you know what I mean?
O: Yeah, love. I just wear whatever's in the wardrobe. I don't care what it looks like!

3:43 pm
Bjork is the first to sample the Poor shower.
B: Argh! It's FREEZING! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!

4:02 pm
Tyra and Avril are talking in the jacuzzi. John climbs in between them.
Ty: I think this place is already starting to feel like a jail. I just want to get out and see the world, find out what's been happening...
Av: You can't be getting cabin fever already?! It's only been two days!
Ty: I know, but we don't even get the news or anything!
J: Don't mind me, ladies.

4:49 pm
Ozzy and Tiger are in the lounge. Arnold is preparing a late lunch for the Housemates.
SB: This is Sim Brother. Would Tiger come to the Diary Room please?
T: That's odd. What do they want with me?
O: Better go find out, mate.

5:21 pm
Tiger has come to the Diary Room.
SB: Hello Tiger.
T: Something up, Sim Brother?
SB: Sim Brother is just wondering how you are, Tiger.
T: I'm fine thanks!
SB: Who do you think you get on best with in the House?
T: Well, Avril, Bjork and Tyra. I'd say Avril most of all, she's so much fun!
SB: Is there anyone you do not get on with?
T: Not really. Not yet! John kept to himself a lot yesterday but he seems to have integrated more today. I think he's a good guy. By the way, I've noticed some patches of bare earth in the ground in the garden. What exactly are they for?
SB: All will become clear, Tiger. You may now leave the Diary Room.
T: Bye Sim Brother!

6:34 pm
Some of the Housemates are eating Arnold's salad.
T: My winnings from last year paid for a cruise in the Caribbean. Have you ever been on a cruise?
A: Oh yes, they're lovely. But it's very restrictive when you're stuck with the same people on a ship, and all of them need my autograph!
O: Martha, I want a rematch of our pillow fight.
M: Ha! Later Ozzy. I'll beat you again later.

8:21 pm
Ozzy is in the garden, swinging on the hammock. John comes outside.
J: Careful on that thing, Ozzy. I fell off it yesterday!
O: I don't care. I've had worse scrapes!

10:13 pm
John, Martha and Avril and Tyra are in the jacuzzi.
Ty: I'm glad it didn't rain too much today. Not that I've been outside to enjoy it anyway, I've been in here all day!
Av: Again!
J: Well, it's cold now. Dark and cold. Last I saw, Ozzy was on the hammock stargazing.
M: That Ozzy is a funny one. We spent hours having a pillow fight earlier!
J: He is funny. I like him already and I haven't even spent that much time with him!

11:24 pm
All the Housemates are in bed, in the same places they slept last night. Still no one has found the Poor bedroom yet, despite Sim Brother's advice to John earlier.
Tomorrow will see the first day of the first Task. How will the Housemates fare? Check back soon to find out!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:55 PM
Default 'Sim Brother - Rags or Riches?' Day 3

Day 3 4:34 am
Ozzy has woken up to go to the toilet.
O: Ohhh that's better. But I'm not going to be able to get back to sleep now. Where's the juice bar?

6:00 am
Sim Brother wakes the Housemates up with an alarm of dogs barking. John leaps straight out of bed and heads to the bathroom.
J: I HATE those alarms!

8:34 am
The Housemates are eating the salmon that Tiger cooked on Day 1 for their breakfast.
J: That looks thoroughly unappetising. I'm having toast. Where's the bread?
Ty: I wonder what's going on in the world outside. I was thinking this to myself yesterday as well, wasn't I, Av? I feel so cut off in here!
B: That's crazy! We have't been here that long!
Ty: I know, but I just feel like there's so much happening in the world that we're missing out on.

10:04 am
The female Housemates are clearing the dining area, under Martha's command.
M: Right, put the scraps off that plate in the bin Tyra and then put the plate in here. Bjork, Avril, you put those plates in here pelase!
B: Martha, I think we know how to clear a plate!
M: Sorry, ladies, force of habit!

12:00 pm
Sim Brother has gathered the Housemates in the Rich lounge to reveal today's part of the weekly three-day Task.
SB: This is Sim Brother. This week's Task will be a test of your Cookery skills. The Task will comprise three parts, which will take place over the next three days. Today's part is a chance for you to improve your Cookery skills in preparation for the next two days. You have until midnight to improve your Cookery skills as much as possible using the bookcase in the lounge, which was stocked with recipe and "How to" books last night. You are not under any obligation to improve your Cookery skills, but it may be beneficial to you to do so. The Task begins now.
M: Fabulous, a test of Cookery skills! This should be easy! Right, to the bookcase!

1:12 pm
Martha and Bjork are the only Housemates to have heeded Sim Brother's advice and are reading recipe books from the bookcase. Tiger, Ozzy and Avril are talking in the Rich lounge.
T: So, how much did you get paid to come in the House?
Av: Tiger! You know we aren't allowed to discuss it!
T: Come on... Tyra, you'll tell me won't you?
Ty: No Tiger! It's between me and Sim Brother.
T: Hmph.

2:31 pm
All of the Housemates bar Martha and Bjork are in the Rich bathroom. John is taking a bath. Arnold is taking a shower. Tiger is in the toilet. Ozzy is waiting for Arnold to come out of the shower room so he can take a shower.
Av: Wow, so this is where everyone got to! You know Martha and Bjork are still studying, shouldn't we do something like that?
Ty: Relax, Av. We'll get through whatever they have planned without studying. We're here to have fun, not sit with our noses in books!

3:14 pm
Most of the Housemates are in the Rich dining room eating lunch. Ozzy lets out a huge belch.
A: Ozzy... that is so nasty.
J: Yes, Ozzy, try and control yourself!
Bjork bursts out laughing.
B: Don't listen to them, Ozz. I thought it was hilarious! Don't change who you are.
T: Bjork, they weren't asking him to change who he is! Just how loudly he burps at the table.

4:23 pm
Tiger and Avril are in the Rich garden playing darts.
T: That is what we call a Fried Egg! In other words, you lose!
Av: This line is too far away! Can't we move it a bit closer?
T: No halfway for ladies! I win! I win!

6:35 pm
Ozzy and Tyra are in the rich kitchen playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Ty: Rock blunts scissors, I win again! Right, I'm bored now.
M: I'll play with you Ozzy!

7:56 pm
Most of the Housemates are in the Rich lounge. Avril, Arnold, John and Tiger have begun to read recipe books in preparation for this week's Task.
Bjork and Tyra are discussing sport.
B: What is it that Tiger plays? Baseball?
Ty: No!
Arnold looks at them curiously.
A: What's up, Tyra?
B: Bjork thought that...
B: No, shhhh Tyra!

9:41 pm
Ozzy has discovered the Poor bedroom.
O: Oh my gosh! Guys, there's another bedroom back here!
The others rush to the doorway.
T: How can we not have seen this before?
J: This must be what Sim Brother meant when he told me to explore the House a bit more!
M: Gosh, it's quite depressing in here. I don't think I want to use this room.
Ty: Me neither!

10:21 pm
Ozzy, John and Bjork are already in bed asleep. The other Housemates are still in the loungetalking. They seem to have neglected the Task of improving their Cookery skills, which may come back to haunt them in the next couple of days.

12:00 am
All the Housemates are in bed. The midnight deadline for studying using the Cookery books has now passed. Sim Brother decides to allow the Housemates to sleep rather than informing them of this, but will make sure to remind them in the morning alarm call. Sim Brother will also now remove the Cookery books from the bookcase.
And that is Day 3 done with. What will the next part of the Task bring? Check back soon to find out...