Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:10 AM
Default Creating/Editing Buffs and Custom Lot Traits
Guten abend! I have just begun to get into modding and I am having some difficulty/confusion with buff creation. I apologize if this is very basic modding information, but if anyone could shine some light on what would be the most effective way to accomplish creating custom buffs, I would be most grateful!

I would like to create a custom Lot Trait, which would essentially add a negative buff on the lot and result in a sim death if not treated. Example: "Toxic Lot-- Sims on this lot will become poisoned" adds a "Poisoned" buff that if not treated with medicine in 24 hours, will result in Pufferfish Nigiri Death Type (or a "custom death" with the Pufferfish Nigiri animation).

My question pertains mostly to how complicated this type of mod might be and what would be the best way to make custom buffs attached to custom lot traits? I have several of the suggested modding tools, such as Sp4e and Zerbu's Mod Contructor, the latter of which has a great interface for buff creation, but my sense so far is that these buffs are only attached to traits. Alternatively, attaching buffs to an object (Ie. a potted plant that would give sims the "poisoned" buff when in range) would also work for my purposes.

Thank you kindly for the assistance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:57 PM
I cannot help because I am new too but I can leave this to you to study!:
S4_3C1D8799_00000018_000000000002330F