Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:22 AM Last edited by AnimeChic : 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Somewhat Fixed
Default SimPe won't run
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question so bear with me.

For some odd reason, I am unable to open SimPe. Every time I launch the program I get an error message saying: "SimPE will shutdown due to an unhandled Exception. Message: Root element is missing." However, when I use the elevated command and run as Administrator, it runs fine. Does anyone have a fix for this? Any help is appreciated.

I'm running the SimPE 72 version. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. My NVIDIA driver is up to date as well as my other drivers.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:51 AM
You should probably get the 0.73 version if you have M&G or the Ultimate Collection.
Have you downloaded and installed the extra files needed for it to run? If I remember correctly, there are a couple of framework files needed for it to run.

If it runs fine when running as admin, then that's what you have to do. It's probably just a "newer versions of Windows being stupid" error. Right-click the shortcut, click "properties", then the "compability" tab, and tick "run this program as administrator". Then you don't have to do it manually every time.