Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 7:24 PM
Default Poetry Help Needed
I have to write a poem for school but I cant write poetry. Seriously! It ends up being more of a documentary. "Try your best" they all say, the best poetry I can do is a documentary which is a poem! I can't write stuff like I love you or I'm nervous poetically without actually write I'm nervous. PLEASE HELP! It needs to be about my first day of secondary school and I was nervous/shy and excited, but I can't state them poetically. I can never write them peticlally, I can only state that I felt that which makes it cliche.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 7:38 PM
Well... think about the way those emotions make you feel. Take nervousness, for example. Sure, you can just say, "I'm nervous," but it's much more interesting to explain how you're -actually- feeling. That is, you probably don't think to yourself "I'm nervous" before you feel all the "symptoms" of being nervous. For example...

My heart races
My mouth is dry
My palms sweat
My head pounds
My stomach twists
Everyone else is smiling, laughing, making friends
I cannot speak
Cannot even think of what to say
I pull my hair across my face
Hunch down in my chair
I want to hide
But I want to be noticed too
Then beside me, a shy, "Um, hi,"
And she asks for a pencil
And smiles
I smile at her too
I don't know her name yet
But she looks kind
And just as lost as I am
Maybe we can be lost together

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:03 AM
My first day is a blur of faces
Brand new rooms and newer places
In and out
It's all about
My nervousness
Is making me a mess