Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4176 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smefanye
"I'm a child, you dick!"
Mercedes Goth wanted to call her auntie Nina, but Nina's "roommate" Don told her Nina was working, unlike someone he knew- like, what did you want her to be doing, she's 12!

Unlike someone he knew who was around to take the call. XD

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I love this picture because I have relatives with similar ones.

They were, I believe, a product of 1930s America and are kitschy, but cool, especially as they approach the century mark. The light is how you get the water to flow (and achieve other similar animation illusions). You light up the picture and the little bulbs behind the painting twinkle in sequence. It's something like animated pixel art on a computer, the kind that's turning pixels on and off rather than actual animation.

I haven't seen a real one in decades, and I bet if I found one I'd have a hell of a time finding bulbs that would make it work properly.

They sound cool. I want one now.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4177 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 12:40 PM
"Time to break out the polyamory mods."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4178 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 4:50 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 12th Apr 2024 at 11:20 PM.
"Yes! Baldur! You are indeed worthy to be head of household!"

I'd seen Odin Aesir's death coming, but had a hard time arranging the household to minimize the disruption of the mourning period - nobody was hungry at the same time, I sent Thor to wash the dog about three times and somehow it kept dropping out of queue, teen daughter Freya and Odin's adult illegitimate son Niall kept attacking each other, just one thing after another. Of course everything got worse when Odin died and I started free-ranging. I was beginning to worry about Freya's twin Frey, whose hunger was dropping dangerously by the small hours of the morning, and wondering whether the fact that he had only that morning moved in and started getting to know his father, gave me sufficient excuse to truncate Niall's mourning. And then Baldur, who had been stuffing his face, suddenly started serving out a nice sparkly breakfast!

It took three calls to meal to get Frey out of bed, Niall and Freya are at each other's throats, Odin's widow Frigga came really close to flirting with Niall (!) before it dropped out of queue in favor of watching him fight her only daughter, and I'm concerned about the dogs, but Baldur is trying to clean the dog bed and I think he'll manage all right.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4179 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 10:34 PM
"The cat is not supposed to be flashing pink."

Several minutes later: "Neither is the landlord."

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#4180 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
"The cat is not supposed to be flashing pink."

Several minutes later: "Neither is the landlord."

I think this is hands down THE best thing to hear out of context.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4181 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 8:40 PM
"Well I guess she's not playing hooky."

Sharla Ottomas (child) showed up at P.U.R.E. at 4 in the morning.

The day before, Isaiah Gavigan (child) was seen soaping all the fountains at a Downtown park during school hours.

Field Researcher
#4182 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 9:50 PM
"Who put that there?! ... oh.. right... I did."

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#4183 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
"Who put that there?! ... oh.. right... I did."

I completely identify with this one.
Top Secret Researcher
#4184 Old 15th Apr 2024 at 10:13 PM
"I like how she calls, Mom answers, and she asks to speak to Stepmom."
Tania Bosch just started college and when I went back to her family's house she called home in the evening. Her birth mom, Natalie, answered the phone, and it was Tania with "Hi Natalie! Is Amanda available to talk?" Spare a word for your first mother, girl!

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4185 Old Yesterday at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
"I like how she calls, Mom answers, and she asks to speak to Stepmom."
Tania Bosch just started college and when I went back to her family's house she called home in the evening. Her birth mom, Natalie, answered the phone, and it was Tania with "Hi Natalie! Is Amanda available to talk?" Spare a word for your first mother, girl!

The strange thing is that her mum and her stepmum are living together. XD
Top Secret Researcher
#4186 Old Yesterday at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The strange thing is that her mum and her stepmum are living together. XD

Of course they are, they're married!

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4187 Old Yesterday at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Of course they are, they're married!

Hah. Reminds me of the joke that only works if you presumed the doctor was male. I did presume that stepmum was married to father. XD
Page 168 of 168