Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 8:23 PM
SketchUp
Today in college, the teacher has told us that SketchUp is a free and easy program for architecture, so I've downloaded it and started to use it =D

This is my first house:

Screenshots

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 9:56 PM
Cool! I used it a long time ago but I`ve forgotten it. I like the Sims because it has pre-made meshes, so it`s easy - you only put walls with doors and windows. But the bad thing is, that you can`t make them very flexible.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 11:21 PM
SketchUp it's really user-friendly, but it's mainly for open code programs...
SketchUp rocks!
i like your house dude!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JcHnd
i like your house dude!

I'm a gal, but thanks

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 1:29 AM
oops!
anyways... i love it!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 7:37 AM
I once created a whole neighbourhood with SketchUp - it had a crossroad, about 10 -12
buildings and even a church and a park. But I have no pictures of it. I`ve deleted it a long time ago.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 5:02 PM
Trying to revive this thread. SketchUp is quite useful when it comes to shaping an idea, at least when it comes to your mind. It is also very easy to work with and it is really fun if you just like to do a drawing sometime. When you soften the edges it looks more real and it also does a good job with shadows. A colleague told me that you could do a lot better with it, when you download some add-ons.

Screenshots
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 6:05 PM
I've used sketchup a while ago but I've never managed to make something worth to look at

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#9 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 7:07 PM
It is easy, you should try it a few times, but you must have ready ideas to create them fast.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:23 PM
I have never used SketchUp and actually haven't heard of it until now! I might just try it!

C.T.HOLKO88