Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#676 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 9:35 PM Last edited by DeviousBunny : 17th Jun 2008 at 4:45 AM. Reason: found thread with answers
I'm still reading through all the messages, in case it's been answered, but can't find anything. No matter how many times I try this there's no change to the mesh, and it's getting a little irritating as I'm not sure where I've gone wrong... any help?

EDIT after a long tie I found a thread with the help I was looking for. I will try again and see if it works.

The thread is here
Advertisement
Test Subject
#677 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:31 AM
I tried your tutorial and everything went fine until I had to check for the mesh in bodyshop.bodyshop crashed and even after deleting all the files bodyshop nor sims 2 will open.the first time it did it I reinstalled the game and everything worked fine.I really want to learn meshing and I would like to know what i'm doing wrong to cause the crashing.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#678 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 1:47 PM
nocturnal_kaos - Try deleting your groups.cache, cigen.package, accessories.cache (if you have one) in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder, and the entire contents of your Thumbnails folder under that (should be about six files). If you still have trouble, please try the Game Help section.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#679 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 2:20 PM
Would I be able to use Milkshape 3D 1.7.10?
Great tutorial by the way, can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
#680 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 12:56 AM
now it works fine.what am i doing wrong because i really want to learn meshing.
although i don't want to destroy my computer
retired moderator
#681 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 1:07 AM
Pinelle - That will work fine.

nocturnal_kaos - Well you say it works fine now, so I have no idea what you're doing wrong as I'm assuming the crashing has stopped. Just making Body Shop crash isn't going to harm your computer, but you need to explain what's happening/not happening now.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#682 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:28 AM
both the game and bodyshop are working perfectly fine.i'm gonna trying the tutorial again to see what i did wrong.okay i think i might have found the problem when i was getting the afbodydresslongloose_untagged0_shpe there is another shape that popped up in darkened letters, so i probably clicked on that instead of the one i needed.i went through the step up to checking it in bodyshop and everything is working.thanks for the tutorial and the help
Test Subject
#683 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:21 AM
Okay, i got this going fine until the meshing part. and my problem is so stupid. I don't know where to find that file you said to open. how do i create that file?

There are two things i wont tolerate: racism and the dutch.

I've come to realise people are like slinkies, not good for much of anything, but fun to laugh at when you push them down stairs.

A lesson for all content creators: Make everything with love, make love with everything
Test Subject
#684 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 2:33 PM
Wow, it was challenging but I got through this and even with the right result! *proud of self* I seem to have newer version of every program used here, so a couple of times I had to improvise a bit to find what I needed. But it worked.

Super_yoshi: You mean on the 33. where you have to open a file with Milkshape? Remember the project/working folder you created on the SimPE part where you extracted those four files on? It's there, just go and look!

*takes a deep breath and proceeds to meshing tutorial 2*
Lab Assistant
#685 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 8:15 PM
Um, I think I might have did something really bad.
I screwed up somewhere along the way and at the end when I tried to click on my "creation" body shop just froze. So, I deleted everything and decided to start over. But, now, when I enter bodyshop again, none of the dresses have that hanging thingy on them. None of them. They look like how they should look when the process is over. And they do not have the custom star on them.
What in the world did I do?
Lab Assistant
#686 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 8:29 PM
does anyone know to clone parts of the mesh? I'm just a beginner and I don't know squat about meshing.... :S

Please, someone help.
Test Subject
#687 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:19 PM
This tutorial is so perfect.
thank you.
[=
retired moderator
#688 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:36 PM
Chrizta0000 - You messed up on the Fix Integrity part. Redo that part and make a unique custom mesh, then link it.

PlyrSiaci - You need to actually do the tutorial as-written. Cloning parts of a mesh makes no sense.

This thread is now locked due to there being an updated tutorial:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...New_Mesh_Basics

Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: New, updated tutorial available.
Page 28 of 28