Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:49 PM
In The Sims, CC objects were almost necessary because of some things just plain missing from the basegame and most expansion packs - it had only gigantic 2x2 or even 2x3 tables (the kind Sims 2 actually has a lack of) and little ways to make money at home. There was little matching furniture too, especially for the living and dining rooms, so being able to actually have a set was nice. Basegame 1x1 tables were still rare - most people just cloned Hot Date stuff, but a few smart creators managed to make BG compatible tables (or clone from them).
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:19 PM
Around 2010 after Ambitions was released and I finally gave up trying to like The Sims 3 I started using and creating cc. Up until that point I was happy enough playing, building and anticipating the new Sims game so there didn't seem much point in modding my game. Then I started making cc as something new to do with The Sims 2 and gradually stopped really playing the game as a game (if that makes sense).

I want to finish up a couple of projects I started and then play the game for real again and see if I still like it - maybe start with an Apocalypse challenge to refresh my memory on how everything works before I start a new neighborhood.
Instructor
#28 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:47 PM
I discovered CC back in 2013 or 14, when I started seeing house designs on deviantArt. They were huge contemporary mansions and my vanilla TS2-playing me was amazed. Eventually I ended up here on MTS and now have 1.8GB worth of downloads.

I'm starting to try creating my own CC, but I think I'll mostly stick to mods. I understand nothing of meshing and texturing.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Alchemist
#29 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:20 PM
first downloads for my game were from the main site. I do not remember when that was.
my first creations for this game I think were made with some Maxis program. do not remember the when for that either.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:39 PM
First thing I do when playing a game, especially an older one, is look for any mods that might help the experience (Playing Bethesda RPGs will do that to you ) and so that led me to MTS.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:59 PM
Sometime in 2014. It started with nounlinkondelete and an invisible driveway.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#32 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:22 AM
2008 after playing vanilla since 2004.

I can't really say that because I was downloading butt loads of lots with sims on them from the exchange from day 1.
At one time I had 10 copies of the Goth lot with all the Goths and placed all of them in one hood.

(((Please do not install occupied lots it will break your game hood.)))

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#33 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:28 AM
I hope you took the opportunity to have the Goths romance themselves.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
2008 after playing vanilla since 2004.

I can't really say that because I was downloading butt loads of lots with sims on them from the exchange from day 1.
At one time I had 10 copies of the Goth lot with all the Goths and placed all of them in one hood.

(((Please do not install occupied lots it will break your game hood.)))

thank you for telling me this. i wont do this

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:52 AM
Three main things: Don't delete families from the family bin, don't move an occupied lot into the bin, and don't delete gravestones unless you have nounlinkondelete.

Get nounlinkondelete even if you don't plan to delete them. You may be careful but the game necessarily isn't.

There's some other stuff too, such as custom CC that includes NPCs and the hug bug (not really dangerous, but annoying) and Sim references and the like.

Field Researcher
#36 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:36 AM
I originally didn't use custom content until I wanted to turn a teenager into a werewolf and couldn't because adults can't savage teens. My very first mod was called TeenSavageHack. I got it here from MTS and still love it!

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Forum Resident
#37 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 6:03 AM
About 2 days into playing, when I was annoyed my rebellious teen sim couldn't woohoo with a Downtownie boy, so I found inTeen. Then I mainly downloaded clothes and recolors from MTS, and hacks from Pescado. I'm still weeding out photoskinned clothes and clothes with missing meshes 10 years later.
Test Subject
#38 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 4:46 AM
Shortly before I reinstalled the game in late 2015 after a hiatus of several years (I was away playing The Sims 3), I believe that I stumbled across this forum and read the threads about corruption and the mods that could help prevent it. However, my memory isn't totally clear on whether or not I read these forums and found out about the anti-corruption mods or if I read that "preventing corruption" article on The Sims Wiki and was like, hey, I should totally take care of these issues before I play the game on my new PC. Because I had no idea that deleting Sims was a bad thing, that smashing urns was a bad thing, etc.

Whatever my source was for my newfound knowledge about those necessary mods, I installed said anti-corruption mods and quickly discovered that there were a crap ton of other insanely useful mods that I could install to get rid of behaviors I didn't like (such as kids running to greet their parents when they get home from work) AND to add behaviors that I believed would flesh out my gameplay (ACR and InTeen). So I went on an excursion and downloaded a bunch of mods that I couldn't imagine playing without today.

Sometime later on, I installed custom content for kids' pajamas and athletic clothes because I was sick of having my kids wear the same 4 outfits. However, I didn't get around to replacing defaults until this summer, lmao. And I have no idea why I waited so long! I couldn't imagine going back to a Sims 2 game where I don't have default replacements. Seriously.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:30 AM Last edited by thewrittenletter : 12th Aug 2018 at 11:18 AM.
I first found out about CC back in 2006. I saw some users in Finnish forums showing pictures of their CC and i was like "What is that? I must have it.". Back then i didn't know much about internet, but i found about XM sims, Peggysims and some Finnish sims sites that are sadly dead nowadays (i still miss some of the downloads from them ;_; ) . It took me few tries before i got the installation right LOL. Sometimes it makes me sad, how despite the Finnish Sims 2 community being very strong and Finnish people having almost more S2 games to a person than anywhere else, the old downloads can't be anywhere to be found, even with wayback machine. ;_;
Inventor
#40 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 5:00 AM
I'm trying to remember when it was exactly when I started realizing custom content existed. I know it was shortly after I started playing the game again in September 2015. At that time I already made recolors of Maxis hair and clothing, so I hadn't felt the need to download anything of those categories. I was more interested in bug fixes and behavior mods for better gameplay. I adapted to these changes so much that I don't remember what used to be "normal" in the game anymore.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#41 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 11:51 AM
Potatos

Instructor
#42 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 12:49 PM
When I got a new computer 2 years ago!
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 1:27 PM
I clearly remember downloading this when it came out: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=199349 thinking it was one of the coolest things ever. I have no idea why I remember that so vividly... but anyway it was one of the first items I downloaded after discovering MTS so I guess around 2006+ and I've been addicted to downloading cc ever since :P
Page 2 of 2