Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 12:56 AM
Default My version meshes
Gosh i have posted so many threads this month lol.. Im still at it though.. and i thank u all for all the help you have been giving.. Im back with another question.. I modified warlokks cpu shape to my liking but now i wanna add clothing meshes to it but its kind of hard without a magnet so i dont know the first place to begin.. I know i have to follow the 3 meshing tutorials on here which i have done them all from start to finish but since i wanna add meshes(like dresses, shirts that hang past the waist, flared pants, high waist pants with tucked shirts and more) to my version of warlokks cpu shape instead of a maxis body, idk if it works the same nor where to begin. Ive seach but i havent found a anser anywhere so i decided to post my own thread.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 1:21 AM
Clothing meshes are the body. Clothes don't go on top of the body (unless you're making an alpha layer, but that really only works well with simple things like skirts or parts of sleeves). Instructions for a simple alpha skirt are here.

When you make clothes for a custom body shape, you're not really making separate clothes; you're making custom body shapes that are clothed. So, basically, you'd make your clothing mesh and then alter it so that it looks similar to your custom body shape (bigger breasts, curvier hips, etc.).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 3:43 AM
What do i use to make the clothes mesh? maxis made clothes.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 8:39 AM
You use whatever clothes mesh you want.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 1:13 PM
Wat your trying to do is not how the game is designed in the first place.
You best start with following the tuts for creating ''normal'' outfits.

When confident you might want to create alpha layered clothing on a normal bodyshape.

Bobby used very high polygon meshes for that shape and making alpha layered clothing for it is extremly hard and time consuming!
Definatly not something for a beginner...

I made a few alpha layered outfits for the CPU, you find them here:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,674.0.html
Might be easier to edit those.(although those aren't easy to understand files aswell for someone who is just starting to create)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 6:44 PM
Bloom, its not for bobby's shape, I gave up on that when i realized i wasn't getting anywhere. This post is about warlokks CPU that i modified to my liking.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 6:52 PM
Thanks fakepeeps, now I just gotta try to shape the mesh to look like the shape that I modified.. Gonna be a challenge to get it to look exactly like the bodyshape.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 8:43 PM
Feel free to use the layered meshes i made for the CPU.
I didn't make those from existing ''other'' clothing tho but duplictaed the naked body and scaled that layer into clothing.
You then will be able to keep all vertice inline so it animates much better.
You neither have to worry about the layer having diffrent boneweights
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 12:37 AM
Thanks. I'll def use them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 3:06 PM
So I tried shaping a mesh to make it look like the cpu body that i modified but the body keeps bleeding through in the front and back. Im using milkshape.
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 6:19 PM
You used one of my meshes?
If you scale it make sure the skirt and pants are scaled with it aswell.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 9:22 PM
The bone assignments and weights must also be the same on the body and the clothes, or the body may poke through the clothes when the Sim moves.