Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 3:56 PM
Default Stacking objects on a wall
I'm making a wall shelf and would like to be able to place one above the other on a wall.
I think I've seen a picture that can do this, but I'm unsure of what
data need to be changed to what.

Also what settings allow floor objects, such as end tables to be placed under
wall hung items?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:07 PM
Well I do not know if this is of any help, but in TS2 there were lines added in the BHAV that changed the flag to allow objects to be placed under eachother.
It had to do with intersection, info from Numenors object.
If you can translate that TS2 info into TS3 language/files you found the answer.
Somewhere here in the TS3 meshing section somebody (HugeLunatic? Hazuitokage?) did something involving intersection of objects.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:58 PM
There is always good old moveobjects

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 7:36 PM
Inge, I think Raven wants both objects to retain their slots and or alter/add them. And routing container slots are defined in a rig. HL is working with replacing a rig.
Are there any objects in TS3 that have a rig you can try/use to replace the one in your wallshelves?
Wes posted some information long ago about rig files, had to do with turning/animation of the wheels on a car.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 8:28 PM
it is cmomoney that has a thread somewhere here about object intersection. Changing the values in the OBJD to reflect the same pathing, shape, and placement as rugs. Values were 8, 3, 3 I believe.

I didn't think that wall items took any floor space? I don't think I've had any issue placing wall items and then putting tables on the floor in front of them.

FTPT Sims_3:0xD382BF57wiki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 8:38 PM
yes most wall items have a small footprint, even paintings.

Inge, that won't help place an object at a different height then normal.
I've seen, but can't find now, a small painting that could be placed higher on the wall
if it's lower position already had a painting there.

To understand, place a painting on the wall, then a toliet paper holder below it.....
Thats what I'm hoping to accomplish with my shelves, if possible.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 10:11 PM
So the next painting to come along will sort of hop up on the back of the first painting, and therefore rise higher?

Well that is probably only possibly if you make them officially floor-standing, but placed so they have their backs to the wall. That is where the moveobjects comes in, so that you can still place a table underneath as well if you want, as they would then be "occupying" the floor tile.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)