Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 1:48 AM
Default Wish Me Luck Please
Thanks to a Kaspersky uninstall I had to do, my was perfectly fine PC with windows 7 is in effect trashed. My about 12 year old i7 played Sims like a dream with all installed other than K Perry, that I did not get. It runs well on this i7 laptop too. Windows 10. I found out that newer laptops no longer have the tiny C drive BS, that this has.

I got this and hope will work. I have no idea what those graphics are and if will need to upgrade or not?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pav...p?skuId=6477687

Also, for CAW will world files done in 1.67 and 1.69 work in both versions? My PC had 1.67 and somehow I goofed and did not pay attention and have 1.69 on this laptop.

New will have Windows 11 so will see what issues that might cause?

I need all the luck and advice you can send please to get setup on new rig when have next week. Best Buy is rolling over all that they can from old to new. Not having fun yet.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 3:56 AM
Wishing you the best. I can't offer you any advice except that when I had to change my pc over and go from Windows 7 to 10 I was fearful...............and nothing happened, it all went smoothly and I was wondering with no good reason
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
Wishing you the best. I can't offer you any advice except that when I had to change my pc over and go from Windows 7 to 10 I was fearful...............and nothing happened, it all went smoothly and I was wondering with no good reason

Windows 10 isn't a big deal to install sims on. For those that want to do a disc install, portable CD drives are cheap. Windows 11 on the other hand, is a total pain in the ass as I found out. Install game/ patch game / patch Windows so it will allow the game to boot/ patch game again with mod because EA refuses to release a official patch.

When all is said and done, it's fine, but getting there is something else.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 4:58 PM
Thank you for the replies.

I did not have problems putting Sims 3 on this windows 10 laptop other than it has the absurdly small C drive and had to use D. There were some things that were needed but did get it on. But then Origin decided to put the base on and things went to heck and handbasket. I was told they have gone back to the large C on current laptops.

This new CPU will have Windows 11 so guess will be in for PITA adventure there probably? I am a bit worried about the graphics but read it does have slot for card and I can upgrade power if needed. So hope is powerful/good enough machine that just may need graphics card upgrade?
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 5:47 PM
I created a whole thread about installing on Win 11. If you don't make the same dumb mistake I did, you should be fine. If you don't want to read that, here's the cliff notes.

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=677994

I uninstalled One Drive with Revo Uninstaller. One Drive causes more problems than it is worth.

Installed all TS3 content, then used the Super Patch.

Installed Direct X 9

Updated Windows with the following patch: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...b6-6f0461d37836

To get the game to boot, I downloaded / installed Lazy Duchess' Alder Lake Patch. https://modthesims.info/d/667734/in...lake-patch.html

In my personal experience, I couldn't get the game to work without the Windows update. Some people say their game runs without it. The best suggestion I can give is to try it without. If the game won't run or keeps crashing at desktop, get the Windows patch. To pile on the aggravation, the game kept giving me a Error 12 which was really stupid as it was a brand new install. I didn't have any bloated saves and all other stuff that can cause that error.

I haven't had any issues except for one downloaded lot that keeps crashing my game. It's a Ruby Red lot what I've used before. I've gone through it with Delphy's dashboard, ect... and it still crashes my game, even without all the cc. It isn't important, so I gave up on it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I created a whole thread about installing on Win 11. .....

Thank you!