Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 4:15 AM
Default Change catalog name of item - which STBL resource to edit?
I'm trying to change the name of an item, where it appears in the catalog in-game.

I thought I'd found it, I found some instructions that said to open the OBJD resource, then Grid, then Common Block, and then change the name. But when I did that and saved the edited package, the changes weren't reflected in-game.

I later found some other advice that said the catalog name is stored in the STBL resource, but there are so many of them - do I need to change every STBL resource?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
those tens of STBLs are actually assigned for each language in the game. If you only need to change it in English, look for the STBL with the instance 0x0089635529748256 and edit it accordingly. (source)

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
those tens of STBLs are actually assigned for each language in the game. If you only need to change it in English, look for the STBL with the instance 0x0089635529748256 and edit it accordingly. (source)

I've come across some trouble. I've opened up some object packages in SimPE, and out of the three, none of them have an STBL with an instance with those numbers you've listed. I even opened one of your packages (the emptied Store 'Glass Contained' cabinet) and it didn't have any STBL with that instance. Maybe I'm missing it or looking in the wrong place.

One that I've opened does have the names of things listed down the left hand side, and it has 'Strings_ENG' and that STBL instance has the number 0x008920FA4756C1E5. So I know for sure that's the English one. It's the top of the list of STBLs - maybe that means the top of each list is the English one? I might experiment and see if that's true.
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 10:22 AM
That entire specific instance ID is an example, not what the STBL will be every time (otherwise they'd all overwrite one another).

The English one will always start with 0x00, the rest of the numbers don't matter. Each other language also has it's respective starting bit.
You can just right click on it in S3PE and click Edit STBL. You can also use Easy STBL Manager
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 1:08 PM
my bad I was sleepy when I made that comment. I deleted it

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database