Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:49 AM
Default Water breaks on giving birth -Does anyone know this mod?
Lol so I wasn't sure where to post this but I have somehow picked up a mod that creates a puddle at my sims feet when they give birth and I have no clue what mod it is. I don't mind it, but I would like to know who it's by and the name of it so I can move it to the correct place.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:31 PM
That's default behaviour in A&N so I'm quite sure it's from my Alternate pregnancy controller (CJH_ControllerPregnancy(Pets+).package)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 11:21 PM
Thank you! Yes, I did install your pregnancy controller. Can you list all that is does? @Chris hatch I don't use A&N and I also use a 2 day pregnancy mod (that's continued to work fine) and so far the puddle at the sims feet is the only change I have noticed.
In the folder I have the file above as well as CJH_GlobalSculpture(Pets+).package

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 4:22 AM
Sorry it took a while to reply, I've been using A&N so long I had to work out what the differences are.
No Stuck Controllers, with the default controller if the pregnant sim's nid is not placed into the controller's attribute it will wait forever for it, be stuck. Mine self deletes after a couple of minutes.

No age checks, the default pregnancy controller will terminate the pregnancy if the sim is not an adult (even if inteen is installed). Includes an idle mod 'CT - Idle Trans - In' which allows teens to stand idle properly when pregnant and showing.

Supports choosing a specific location/room for the sim to give birth (Birthing Light Marker).

Supports midwife service and hospital birth, gives a final warning to call a midwife or hospital. It will create a relationship between the newborn(s) and any nurses.
Will recognise when a pregnancy token is gone, either through a glitch, mod or hospital birth and remove any baby bump and pregnancy walk before self deleting.

Includes relationship changes (see below) which can now be switched off for specific sims on the globe.

Handles a birth control option, There's a 90% chance it will undo any pregnancy and self delete if the sim is protected.

Includes (inteen's) miscarriage option (by request), it's not something I want so there is now an option on the globe to turn it off. If a heaven lot is available (heaven can't exist outside of A&N without a mod) and mum miscarries 50 hours or more into the pregnancy then baby is created anyway and sent straight to heaven. In that case you will need to name the baby and your sim's miscarriage memory will indicate her hope to meet her baby in the afterlife.

Can handle visitor's pregnancy. (The age controller will not spawn pregnancy controllers for visitors so this option isn't used outside of A&N without a mod).
Will self delete if the pregnant sim's ID is no longer valid or the pregnant sim is a visitor and is in third trimester, this allows it to control visitors up to the last trimester so visitors can continue their pregnancy without giving birth away from home, it will self delete when the visitor leaves. It will compare the number of hours pregnant in the token and if higher than its own value then it'll update itself instead of updating the token to enable pregnancies to have coninued away from home. It will mark a new pregnancy token with the lot Id so it 'knows' to self delete instead of updating a new token if a sim went to hospital to give birth then fell pregnant at hospital and has a different token.

Relationship changes:-
When a sim's pregnancy first shows those around her will realize she's pregnant. If she is a teen living at home (with at least one biological parent) her parents will become furious with her and lose a lot relationship toward her. Just how furious and how much of a relationship drop depends on her school grades. Parents of A+ students will get a lot more upset than those whose daughter wasn't doing so well at school. If she's married, engaged or going steady and the baby is not from her spouse, fiancé or boyfriend and he figures that out then he will also get mad at her and lose a lot of relationship. If they've never had a woohoo he'll know the baby can't be his, otherwise he needs a logic skill of 300 (out of 1000 or 3 bars) or more to realize. If he has a logic skill of 750 or more he'll also figure out who the real father is and get mad with him as well. There is also a small relationship increase from the baby's father to the mother when he realizes that she's carrying his child. That is unconditional and applies regardless of if they are married or he was just a fling. As the relevant sims may not appear for the duration of the pregnancy all furious and relationship changes happen immediately even when the sims are nowhere around. There are some interactions, parents and/or husbands will yell, teens will cry and adults will worry but because the sims may not be there the actions are one way, she doesn't realize she's being yelled at and it's likely the timing will go off if the parent's are busy at the time that the action is pushed on them. The relationship drop is serious but not unrecoverable, if a couple's relationship was strong and they have good attraction they should be able to survive it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 4:40 AM
Thank you for the detailed reply. I recall now being interested in the relationship changes when I first downloaded it. I didn't know about the puddle but I like it, adds some more realism to the game. I will check out the globe some more. I don't use Inteen so young adults are the youngest to get pregnant in my game.

~Call me Jo~