Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lighting through windows
First, I have a decent graphic card, and do have the latest Gunmod installed through Scriptorium. But, the light does not shine through my windows, especially 2 story windows. Was this something not considered when the Gunmod was made? Or what other tweaks can I use to get this to work. The picture shows only from the outside, but inside I placed lights on all 3 stories. On the 3rd floor the light goes through the glass. If I'm missing any info to give you let me know.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:55 PM
Have you tried with EA windows? Your picture is small, but it looks like the windows on the back wall are illuminated from the outside, as I can see the stained glass pattern, even though there is no light source. It could be a problem with those windows.

My windows work okay with Radiance lighting, although I am using Ddefinders RLS with Nightracers edit:

Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:06 PM
This is why I prefer Spookymuffins lighting, Radiance is too dark. OP maybe you might like Spookymuffins lighting better. It never gets that dark.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This is why I prefer Spookymuffins lighting, Radiance is too dark. OP maybe you might like Spookymuffins lighting better. It never gets that dark.

Can I get the link to that please, will try it out. Thanks.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:53 AM
There are at least 2 varieties maybe 3. I use SpookyMuffin with tweaks by Dicreasy. Original Spookymuffin lighting is here: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...hp?topic=7999.0

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:53 AM
@simsample Sorry for the small pic. It doesn't light up the whole window. I was also going towards the problem with the windows. I tried putting a translucent window in it and that didn't work either.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:58 AM
You posted at the same time as me, so I am posting again to be sure you see it.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:43 AM
@joandsarah77 Thank you I got it. I really don't like messing around with config files, but worth a shot. Is this mod only for neighborhood lighting or will it also help with lighting in general?