Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 3:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Closet Shading
Not sure how to title this, but why does the closet do this in the pictures. Out of the wall the color is fine, but when placed in the wall it goes dark. Is there a fix for this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Closet in Wall.jpg (791.1 KB, 71 downloads)
File Type: jpg  Closet out of Wall.jpg (791.1 KB, 55 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 10:26 AM
It's probably an issue with the light. Placed in the wall, the closet think it's dark, and shows the texture unlit, because the doors follow whichever lights the rest of the closet has. Out of the wall the light properly hits the entire closet, so it shows the texture lit up. Have you tried to put a lamp or window or some such in the space?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 2:04 PM
Yes, I've tried. It doesn't change much and not true color. Is there a fix for this?
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 3:57 PM
Are you using dreadpirate lighting mod by any chance? I use to have this issue but she fixed it in one of her updates!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 6:06 PM
@DrewInTheSky No, I'm currently using GunMod's Lighting through Scriptorium. But willing to give it a try. Not just for the closet, but I still find that GunMod's lighting still does not fix lighting issues. Thanks.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 7:43 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 5th Jan 2019 at 8:21 PM.
Is that a custom color for the closet?

If not, then it may be a mod issue. I haven't experienced a problem with the Maxis closet, it retains the correct colour.

Another idea would be to place the closet in the wall. Then use the "Design Tool" (Shortcut "R" on the keyboard when on "Buy Mode"), and recolor the closet to see if it changed colors.

Oh ok, nevermind, I see what you mean. The outside closet doors don't react to the lighting in the room, when the closet is place into a wall.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 8:10 PM Last edited by simsample : 5th Jan 2019 at 8:38 PM.
It's an EA bug, it seems as though the closet doors are lit from the wrong side. So, the outside doors are in shadow unless you put a light in the closet. It's discussed here:
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...p?topic=31119.0

I don't think it's caused by lighting mods, it's just that (in my game at least) it looks worse with a lighting mod in, as the shadows are darker. What I do is put a light inside the closet and set it to always on- it works best if you use a white light, as yellowy lights affect the colour of the wood. Someone in the GoS thread suggests using invisible windows in the closet.

ETA: image from my game with Ddefinder's RLS Nightracer Edit:

Top night, bottom day, left closet with light on, right closet in darkness.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 10:47 PM
Looks normal to me?

You can attach images with the image upload rather than file upload and it will show up viewable, like above ^

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~