Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 1:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mailbox Suddenly Totally In Russian?
Hey. I downloaded this Russian lot, but now my mailbox is, like, Russian everywhere. How can I fix this?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 3:33 PM
Do the Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ. That will help you to find the CC which is likely causing your problem.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xDemoiselleGothique
Hey. I downloaded this Russian lot, but now my mailbox is, like, Russian everywhere. How can I fix this?

This is happening to me now, lol. Did you ever figure out what file changed the language? Any guidance would be helpful... I have 50,000 files.

Thanks!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:57 PM
This thread is over four years old.

I'd suggest (after making a backup of all your neighborhoods obviously) you try to run the game with all downloads you're sure you had before this happened. That's bound to be most of your downloads and if the game is fine with them, you can do the 50/50 method with the rest.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:32 PM
Look through the CC from that house to see if there's a mailbox-related mod or object in there. Could be one the creator didn't translate to English and it's overwriting the mailbox.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:48 PM
@Maerwynn Please check the age of threads before replying, this one is 4 years old. Closing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: Old thread