Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:49 AM
AUDRINA - Epilogue [6/10]
Hey everyone! Here's the intro to my first real sim story. I hope you like it!

~Introduction~

It was a Friday night. Audrina and her best friend, Gina were extremely excited about the event that was to take place that following night. It was thier first high school party of the year and everyone who was somebody was going to be there. Her parents were attending her father's boss' business party and would be gone all weekend. "I can't believe that my parents are actually letting me have the house all to myself," whispered Audrina to Gina. "I know, me too. Usually your dad is so strict! This is going to be the best party ever!" exclaimed Gina at a low whisper so that Audrina's parents couldn't hear.

"Alright, Audrina, now listen. I don't want any funny stuff tonight, you got it? No parties, no drinking, no smoking, and no leaving the house!" warned her father.
"Yes, daddy. I know. And thank you for letting Gina spend the night," said Audrina with her child-like smile she always gave her father, which had always softened his heart.
"Yes well, I figured you needed some help babysitting the twin terrors," he giggled, referring to Audrina's little twin brothers when he pointed upstairs.

Audrina hugged her parents goodbye and followed them outside. Her and Gina watched anxiously from the front porch as her parents got into the car and drove off. Audrina glanced over at Gina and smiled. Gina returned it just the same and they headed back inside.

Saturday night came around and the party was turning out pretty well. Audrina was dancing crazily with her friends when she noticed a certain someone wasn't here yet. Where is he? she thought to herself.

She couldn't help to get upset at the fact that her boyfriend didn't show. This was the third time he stood her up for something. Audrina decided to call Jake to see what his deal was, but just as she approached the phone, she noticed a cop car across the street. They're probably there for the house across the street, she thought, but when the police officer got out of the car, she knew she was in trouble. Damn, it's Greg! "Everyone stop! Turn the music off now!" she yelled to her guests.

"Alright! That's it! Party's over! Everyone, it's past your curfew so go home!" announced the officer when he was let in. Audrina stayed hidden behind the wall. She didn't know why. He knew that she lived here. "Where's Audrina? Audrey, I need to speak to you!" he called. Audrina reluctantly stepped out from her hiding place.

"I'm sorry, Greg. I know I'm not suppose to have a party while my parents are gone. You're not going to tell my parents, are you?" she asked.
Greg couldn't help but to stare sorrowfully at Audrina. "Audrey, could you step outside with me? There's something I have to tell you."

Greg led Audrey outside onto the porch after all her guests had left. "Audrey, something terrible has happened," said Greg.
"What do you mean? What happened?" asked Audrina, confused as to why he wasn't yelling at her for having the party.
Greg paused for a moment, then said, "Your mother was involved in a car accident last night. She was on her way to the party that they were attending. She lost complete control of her car and crashed into a telephone pole," he explained. "The impact of the crash killed her instantly."

Audrina could feel her heart beating rapidly while her knees shook uncontrollably. "No! N-no, it's n-not true!" she stuttered. "It can't be! She's not!" Greg could only give his apologies. He was still in shock himself. He had known her family ever since they first moved to Springfield when Audrina was just three-years-old. "My dad! Is he--?" she started to ask, but stopped when Greg shrugged.
"I don't know," he said.
"You don't know? What do you mean you don't know? They left together! They were going together!" yelled Audrina, now more confused than ever.
"There was no trace of him ever being in the car."

Thanks for reading! Hope you guys liked it
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:55 AM
This is awesome.
Love the story.
Oooo, me gawsh. I hoper Dad isn't dead!
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:33 AM
YAY! Your story is here! *dances* :dance:
Its looks good, I cant wait for more! :D

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 10:06 AM
Woo, suspense. Different from the usual tack of just killing of both parents and going from there. Yay, another story for me to follow! Good job!
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:24 PM
Daltonism: Wow, thanks!

Plumeria330: Thank you! I hope this one works out this time. :shrug:

Exactduckwoman: Thanks! Yeah I didn't want to go that route...or maybe I will. You're just going to have to wait and see! :thumb:

Thanks guys! Chapter 1 will be up shortly.
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 1:17 AM
WOW.
I'd be shocked to find out my mom's dead and my dad's disappeared, too.
Great intro ^^
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:54 PM
No trace of him? What? That's definetly a cliff-hanger. I'm subscribing.
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:25 PM
YES! I got a subscriber! :dsausage: Chapter 1 is almost ready.
#9 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:39 AM
I like your weiner....[that sounds obscene]. I can't wait. :D
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 4:09 AM
Thanks. I like my weiner too.... :laugh:
#11 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 5:24 PM
Ooooh. This story sounds like its gonna be good. Keeping a track of this one forsure.
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 7:59 PM
Oh, WOW! Stormy, I love it! That last line... very mysterious! I can't wait to read more!
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 12:46 AM
Default Chapter 1 - A Girl Apart, Pt. 1
Thank you both! So sorry, but these pictures came out smaller in size! I don't know what happened! Maybe someone can tell me...? I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Audrina headed upstairs in a daze, ignoring the loud music that was still filling the air. As soon as she approached her brothers' room she soon realized that she would have to be the one to tell them that their mom was dead.

When she opened the door, she found herself in a darkened bedroom with two adorable, sleeping identical twins. She hadn't had the heart to waken them so she decided she would tell them first thing in the morning.

Audrina walked aimlessly into her bedroom and closed the door. She went over to her dressing area to change her clothes, but when she turned around towards her mirror, she suddenly saw her mother in herself. Her father always told her that she was the spitting image of her, but she never thought it was true until now. She had her eyes, her lips, and facial bone structure. "If only I had her beautiful blonde hair," she said out loud. Then without warning, she began to cry. She cried so hard that she cried herself to sleep that night.

The weekend was finally over and it was time for school. Audrina gave the boys the choice of whether they wanted to go or not. "I don't wanna go," cried Dean.
"I don't either," said Justin.
"Well we're not going to school today anyway. A nice lady is coming to take us to another home, remember?" Audrina asked, trying to comfort them. The boys nodded sadly. Greg had called Social Services the day after Audrina's mother died. He hated to had done that but Audrina was only sixteen and wasn't capable of living alone. "Come on. I'll make you guys some breakfast."
"Can we have pancakes?" asked Justin.
"I don't know how to make pancakes. How about cereal instead?" Audrina asked, trying to make cereal sound a lot better than pancakes.
"Mommy knew how to make pancakes real good," said Dean through sniffles. Audrina sighed. "Ok, I'll figure it out." She led the boys into the kitchen and she began to prepare breakfast. Before she was able to get the first batch into the skillet, the doorbell rang.

"Hi, Gina," said Audrina when she opened the door.
"Hey. Are you ok?" she asked. Audrina shrugged. "Well, I can't stay long. School, you know."
"I'll walk with you for a bit," said Audrina as she stepped outside. They walked down the street a bit and stopped at the end of her driveway. They stood in silence for a moment, uncertain of what to say to each other. Gina felt horrible. For once in her life, she didn't have any encouraging words for her best friend. What could she say? She never had anybody close to her die before.

"The social worker is coming today," said Audrina. She then reached into her left side pocket and pulled out a silver key. "Do me a favor. While we're gone, could you make sure nobody takes anything? You know, the important stuff?"
Gina took the key from Audrina's hand and nodded. "Well, I should probably go now before I'm late for class. I'll see ya?" asked Gina, even though she knew she probably won't see her best friend for a very long time.
"Yeah," said Audrina. They hugged each other tightly as if they were saving each other from drowning in a raging ocean.

Audrina watched as Gina faded into the distance. She was going to miss her best friend and knew she would never find another like her. Audrina was about to go back inside the house when she saw a lady pull up in her driveway in a light blue van. She's really early, she thought to herself.

The woman introduced herself as Ms. Mumford. She explained that she would be taking Audrina and her brothers into juvenile custody until a relative picks them up. "What other relatives do we have?" asked Dean. Audrina and Justin shrugged their shoulders. After the boys were dressed and everyone was packed it was time to go. They reluctantly followed Ms. Mumford to the van.

Audrina couldn't bring herself to taking one last look of her house when they pulled out of the driveway. It was weird how in just one weekend everything was takened away from them. They were now homeless, friendless, and parentless. All they had were each other and the little clothing they were allowed to bring with them.

Audrina hoped that she would come back and live in this house again some day. Some day when she's married and has children of her own. Some day when she has a career and becomes a well-known, high-society socialite like how her mother use to be. Use to be.
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 12:53 AM
Default Chapter 1 - A Long Way From Home, Pt. 2

Nobody ever came and got Audrina or Justin and Dean after spending two days in juvenile custody. The news of the boys having to be transferred to an orphanage made Audrina hysterical. “No! You can’t take them! I promised them I’d never leave them! Nooo!” She cried and punched at anybody who came her way. Unfortunately her physical outburst had cost Audrina to spend the next four years of her life in a group home. That is until someone took her in.

Group home? The horrifying thought gave her chills. She had heard about those places but never thought in a million years that she would have to spend her teenage years in one. She remained in a state of shock as she was driven to Arbor Dale Group Home for Girls. She could feel her eyes getting warm but fought back the tears. She didn’t want to appear like a crybaby otherwise that would have been her nickname for the next four years. Crybaby.

Audrina was introduced to the head mistress, Ms. Rogers. She seemed nice, but there was still something mysterious about her. Audrina intensely studied the place as Ms. Rogers rambled on and on about the history of the home while leading her to her bedroom. The walls were ghostly white and the floors were made of ancient wood floor panels. Every step Audrina took, the floors creaked. So much for trying to escape, she thought as she noticed the only entrance and exit.

“Here we are,” said Ms. Rogers in a sing-song tone as they approached one of the many dark wooden doors. “Now, before I show you your room, I want to explain the rules to you. The rooms are freshly painted so there are to be no posters or anything on the walls. Bedtime is at 9pm and phone calls are between the hours of 1pm and 5pm. Now since you’re new you are not to use the phone for the first week. You have to earn that privilege.”
Audrina’s jaw dropped all the way to the floor. “What!? I can’t use the phone for a week? That hardly seems fair!” she exclaimed.
“Keep it up and it’ll be much longer. Also there are no visitors allowed. Although on the weekends there are trips that we take to parks, stores, etc.” Audrina sighed heavily. “Look, I know you’re going through a very hard time right now. But try to make the best of this situation, ok?”
No! It’s not ok! It sucks! she thought angrily to herself.

Ms. Rogers then opened the door to her new bedroom. “Go ahead,” she said, nodding towards the open door. Audrina slowly walked in. The room was so immaculate but it seemed so bare. Stripped of creativity and life. The walls were so white, Audrina felt as if she was trapped in a blank canvas, waiting for a painter to splash some color anywhere.

“I’ll leave you alone now. Dinner’s at six,” said Ms. Rogers and stepped out of the room. Audrina was finally alone to gather her thoughts. She couldn’t believe she had to be there; especially without her brothers. What must they think of me? She asked herself. They must hate me. She began to cry again.

“You know, it’s really not that bad,” said a voice behind her. She looked back to see a girl around her age standing at the door. “You’re new here, aren’t you?” she asked.
“Audrina. Audrina Syler. Who are you?”
“Amanda. No last name. Hey what do you know! Both of our names begin with an A!” she exclaimed happily. Audrina didn’t understand what was so intriguing about that.

Audrina studied the girl from head to toe from her black, scuffed Converse shoes to her black make-up to her jet black, frizzy hair. She was different. Really different. Different from her friends back at home.

“I’m your roommate. That’s my bed over there,” she said, pointing to the bed on the right. “I know this room isn’t much to look at. Hell, this whole place isn’t much to look at. Where are you from?” she asked.
“Springfield, Illinois. You?”
“I don’t know,” she thought. “Everywhere, I guess.” Amanda giggled at the sight of Audrina’s confusion. “I’ve been an orphan all my life.” Audrina nodded.

“You hungry? Dinner’s almost ready,” said Amanda as she opened the door.
“Uh yeah. I’ll uh…I’ll be down in a minute,” Audrina replied.
“Cool. I’ll save ya a seat,” she said and headed out the door. Audrina found herself staring off into space. Audrina let out a long sigh as she looked around the empty room. She was at least glad to know that she had a nice roommate. Weird, but nice. Please Dad. Please be ok so you can come and get me and the boys.
#15 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 1:49 AM
Yay. I loved it. ^^ I've been in a group home, so I can relate (you portrayed it accurately actually). Yeah, I wonder where her dad is. Well update when you can.
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 1:59 AM
Oh cool thanks! I was worried if I had portrayed it accurately enough. I didn't want to make it seem like it was a great place to be, u know? I'm so happy you liked it!
#17 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 2:08 AM
YAY!
^_^ Very nice. I've never been in a group home, so I can't give TOO much of a critique.
I've been in many different homes, but never a group one. (No, I'm not an orphan. But I've been from my parents house to my uncle's house to my grandmom's apartment and... etc. lol)
But, I'm glad Audrina has met someone new!
#18 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 2:50 AM
this is goooooood. *subscribes*
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:17 AM
Great job Stormy! I love it! :D

Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 6:24 AM
Dragon Guardian: Thank you! Lol I've moved a lot myself.

lonelydoowoop: Lol thanks! I love your avatar! Very funny!

Plumeria330: Thank you very much! I'm glad you loved it! By the way, I love your signature!
Instructor
#21 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 8:56 AM
I don't know if yuo haven't already found out while pics are so small, however, just in case, you have probably load the thumbnails and not the screenshots! So, give a check
I am really curious to see what's happening next! By the way... I think the guys have inherited the house, don't they?
Instructor
#22 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 12:14 PM
Aw, poor Audrina... I think she should make friends with Amanda. The twins are sweet, tis all very sad! Great update. :D
#23 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:51 PM
Oooo, nice! The small pictures are small, lol
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 10:46 PM
Vaalyah: I see what you're saying! Thank you! I really do appreciate your help! :nod: As far as them inheriting it...you'll just have to wait and see.

Loco: Thank you! Glad to know you like Amanda! I think they'll be great friends.

ChrstyFarie07: Thanks! Yeah, they are unfortunately. Sorry! :shrug:
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 6:40 PM
Default Chapter 2 - Amanda's Story
Here's chapter 2! Sorry it's kind of short so I'll post chapter 3 in a few days. I fixed the pictures for chapter 1 (part two) so you can take a look at that if you want. Please ignore the poll. I've fixed the problem now. Thanks and enjoy!

Audrina sat on the cold wooden floor beside her bed as she wrote vigorously into her diary. Now that it had been a year into her sentencing, she still was finding it incredibly hard to adapt. She often thought about how life would be if her mother hadn't died and if her father hadn't mysteriously disappeared. Her parents would probably be on some "business trip" in the Bahamas or Tahiti right now, Justin and Dean would have been starting the third grade, and her and Gina would've been in math class right about now, making fun of the math teacher as what they usually did. Audrina felt a tear slowly skate its way down her cheek as she thought of her brothers. She always had a soft spot for them. Even when they were really annoying.

And my father...what happened to him? Where is he? she thought. She often hoped that he would still come for her some day. She knew he wasn't dead. He was out there. Somewhere.

One good thing did come out of being in this place. Her and her roommate Amanda had grown to become really good friends. Best friends even. All those days and nights of being trapped in their dungeon made them realize that they weren't so different from each other after all.

It wasn't until one night when they were talking that Amanda had finally opened up to her and told her about her past. Audrina was shocked when she admitted of not being an orphan all her life. "Then you were living with your parents before you came here?" asked Audrina.
Amanda shook her head. "I was with my grandma, but then she died and I was left alone. One of our neighbors had called social services once they realized that I had been living in her house all by myself."
"What happened to your parents?" Audrina hated being so nosy but she wanted to try to help her friend as much as possible.
"My mom died when giving birth to me. I stayed with my dad til the age of ten. Living with him was the hardest thing I ever had to do. He would get so mad at every little thing. He hit me a lot, you know? He drank a lot, too. A lot."

Audrina and Amanda sat in silence. Audrina didn't know what to say. Now she knew how Gina felt that day when they were takened to juvenile custody. She had no idea that Amanda had been hurting so much. That explains a lot, thought Audrina. "I'm so sorry," was all she managed to say.
Amanda smiled. "Come on. We finally got our tv privileges now let's go use them!" she exclaimed as she got up from the floor. Audrina agreed and followed her friend downstairs into the rec room.
Page 1 of 17