Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 1:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons
Default blue flashing ground
The ground on 1 of my lots on Nightlife is flashing blue.
I did use a custom groundcover on this lot but have used the same groundcover on many other lots without a problem. The groundcover still works fine everywhere else. I tried changing the groundcover on this lot and nothing changed. The only cheats I used were 'moveObjects on' and 'boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false'. If I put a floor tile down it doesn't flash, but when I delete the flooring the lot flashes blue again. The lot is a community lot that I've been playing for about a year now and only recently started having this problem. I have Uni., Nightlife, and OFB. None have been recently installed. From the neighborhood view the lot is fine and only starts flashing once entered. There are no other problems with this lot or any other. Sorry this is so long. Any help is greatly appreciated!

==System==
Operating System: Windows Vista Basic
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz
Memory: 1014 MB ram
Page File: 1173 MB used 1119 MB avail.
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
Dell Model Number: not a dell
==Display==
Name: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corp.
Chip Type: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
Approx. Total Memory: 251 MB
Main Driver: igdumd 32.dll
Version: 7.14.0010.1461
==Sound==
Name: Realtek High Def. Adio Speakers
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 2:08 PM
As a precursor, your computer really isn't strong enough to run TS2 - particularly, you don't have a graphics card. You should be ok for now, but I strongly recommend you don't install any more EPs.

Regarding your problem, this is related to custom terrains. I can't remember exactly what the cause is... I'll do some further poking with the search-fu. Have you at any point removed your custom terrains/custom content and then played this lot?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 2:25 PM
That's exactly the issue, White. This is usually caused by removing custom terrains from your downloads. I've had the issue a few times myself. After many, many hours dorking around the only solution was to destroy the lot. Occasionally painting over it has worked, but only once I think. Been awhile. As far as I know no one has discovered an actual solution to the issue other than never removing terrain paints from your downloads and for people who upload to be careful not to remove any that are grabbed with a lot.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 12:36 AM
I have deleted some custom terrains, but not the one used on this lot. I still have it and continue to use it on lots. That's why I couldn't figure out what happened. My other lots with the same terrain are fine. I tried painting over it and it didn't work. I do have a lot of custom content and have been sorting through it and deleting a lot of it. There are a few lots I've deleted that had this same terrain, but (like I said) it still works fine everywhere else. The only problem is with this lot. I hope I don't have to delete it.
Anyway, I wanted to get the Seasons EP. Any suggestions on how I can make my computer strong enough to handle it? What type of graphics card do I need? Thanks for all your help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 12:45 AM
It doesn't matter whether the terrain paints were actually used on your lot or not- if you even clicked on them whilst creating this lot, then they are required. This will also include the first terrain paint that shows in your catalog- when you select terrain paints this one is automatically selected, so the lot requires that one too.
For the computer upgrades- check out the Computer Hardware forum on Sims2Community. We have advice there on which components to choose to play The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 in a sticky; plus you can search that forum and ask questions for further advice.
http://forums.sims2community.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:01 AM
Default Problem SOLVED - Blue Terrain in Lots!!
You can use the Lot Adjuster to remove unused terrain paints! This has worked numerous times with others, so please give it a try!

Download it here: http://modthesims.info/d/384656
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:28 AM
9 years ago ...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 12:18 PM
Closing - please don't resurrect dead threads. If you have a problem and there's no current thread, please post a new one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Locked thread | Locked by: maxon Reason: And the dead are rising