Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 4:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Open for Business
Default The playground tower in apartment life is a death trap
So I had my sim kids play on the playground and now as I type this one of them is stuck in the tower. He is completely stuck in the "looking around" animation. I've tried "move_objects on" and moved him around but he's still stuck in the animation...is there any code/cheat that I can use to reset the character? I don't want the social worker to come. I actually had to manually put him inside for a few hours to warm him up and I keep using "maxmotives" to max out his energy. What can I do?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 4:57 PM
Try this:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Error_or_Reset

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:24 AM
Well I manually deleted the character, exited the lot then re-entered and he respawned at the mailbox...but he didnt come back quite right

Thankfully he grew up into a kid again in two days
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:57 AM
Well that's... different. Never seen that happen before with resetting/deleting. Are you playing with any custom content (including but not limited to hacks/mods)?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
shiny!
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 3:41 PM
It happens if you delete after a sim has grown up but before saving. So that sim grew up to a child then they deleted the sim before they had saved the game with the sim as a child so the child still acts like a toddler. Recommend being careful NOT to do that as it can really cause some serious issues.
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:21 PM
My stuck animation could be related Canoodle, I just had no idea as to how to help (Imho). I was wondering if the situation ever occurred again or if they ever tried it again. I don't think I would like to get a sim stuck in the playground.

I also wondered if they reverted the age of the child again to the right age by growing them up or using some assistance.

Is this off topic too?
Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:30 PM
It's an aging issue. This happens from time to time. The OP can use aging on and shift click the sim to see if they can age them up or down. Fiddle a bit. Or, you could use Inge's birthday cake to age them.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:24 PM
I had my daughter in sims 2 get stuck in the playground tower myself recently, found this thread in desperation.... fix was to just use the move_objects on cheat code after hitting Ctrl+shift+C and then pick up the playground and delete it. I saved and went back to the main neighborhood, re-entered the house, and the girl was standing there back fine as before (had to move another object b/c she spawned in a place with no exit but that's fine).