Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 5:17 PM
Default Camera hack? Lighting/lamp fix?
First of all, I'm looking for a camera hack that meets some criteria:
- No fade/no clip
- Possible to get closeups at floor level (think babies/toddlers/pets) with the TAB cam.
- Enough zoom to see the entire lot on lot level, and the entire neighborhood in NH view.
- Something that fixes the CAS cameras to work with widescreens without cutting off heads when zooming in.

I can't for the life of me remember which camera hack I used to have. It's possible I had Gunmod's 3.1 hack, but I don't know. The files I currently have on my laptop have a 11.october 2008 date stamp, and they do work mostly fine though with a few things I'd like to change, so if there's something better out there I'd like to know, and I'd appreciate any recommendations.

---

Second, I'm thinking about getting Dreadprate's version of the Radiance mod for the UC game on my new laptop, and I have a question about lighting/lamp fixes.

I vaguely remember installing a light fix that toned down and/or fixed the ingame lights so they'd make more sense. I'm not sure if I had the ones by plasticbox or CircusWolf here on MTS, or an entirely different set, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't the "A World Lit By Fire" version by Hat. I don't know if I ever installed it on my old laptop, possibly only on the desktop computer, and that one is not accessible at the moment so I can't check.

I'm basically wondering if anyone knows whether they're compatible with the Radiance mod, or if it's even needed. Hat's version is included in Dreadpirate's mod, as an "accessible by cheat" fix, but I don't know if the main mod comes with any lamp fixes, or if they'd be compatible.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 7:12 PM
Hi! Have you tried this camera mod?

You & I, we are just like sims, will live forever
Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource