Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I'm not sure how this mod works as in where do the buses come from? Are they already in the game and this calls them? Are they in the mod? I don't see them there. I'm wondering how I could replace the default bus with a bus I remember from childhood.

The bus is in the CJH_CommunityBus.package file, Sunrader. I assume it would be incredibly easy to swap out the mesh if there's an existing bus you like better. Any of the object tutorials should cover the how to part if any subsets or what not need to be added or renamed.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
The bus is in the CJH_CommunityBus.package file, Sunrader. I assume it would be incredibly easy to swap out the mesh if there's an existing bus you like better. Any of the object tutorials should cover the how to part if any subsets or what not need to be added or renamed.

I looked in there, but the textures just look nothing like the other buses in the game, so I was fooled. I will check it again, thank you. Maybe there's a polka dot shorty bus in my future.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 7:23 AM
You know you guys could always ask @Chris Hatch
Forum Resident
#29 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:46 PM
@Honeywell sorry to bring this old thread back to life, but veetiesims2 actually shared a mod here which enables the walk-to-lot interaction for kids! In case you're still interested and for anyone else interested :-)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 3:21 PM
I've got a shot of the @Chris Hatch bus stop sign in buy mode below.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
@Honeywell sorry to bring this old thread back to life, but veetiesims2 actually shared a mod here which enables the walk-to-lot interaction for kids! In case you're still interested and for anyone else interested :-)

@vegan_kaktus Question please I went to the link you left for the mod where a kid can "Walk to a community lot" I did not see or find the direct link for it.
Please can you share where to directly get this mod by veetiesims2 I try searching myself with no luck.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#33 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 1:54 AM
@Simonut sorry for my late reply! It’s under “here you go” like HugeLunatic said :-D
Meet Me In My Next Life
#34 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:04 PM
@HugeLunatic You are always so helpful, thank you much, one question please what EPs do you need for this to work ? My last installed is Seasons
@vegan_kaktus It's ok better late than never, I hope this will work with Seasons.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#35 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:25 PM
@Simonut I'm not sure about the compatibility.  After reading the comments in that link though it took me around in a circle to squinge's original, to honeywell's, which led back to the first page of this thread!

Honeywell's, which she says she updated for M&G phone, but I have no idea if it's still compatible with lesser EPs. She updated the ttab, so I would guess it's not., https://honeywell-mts.tumblr.com/po...bled-this-is-an
squinge's which only goes up to EP5, hhttp://www.insimenator.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=7948d4dee0a0702a85e026af0fa169a5&topic=12248.0

You might want the one by squinge.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#36 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 9:36 PM
@HugeLunatic Thank you once again you are helpful :lovestruc , yes Squinge would be better. I just hope the kids can get back home some kind of way with squinge.
I really like the walk to the lot by veetie, I hope it work with Seasons It's my last installed because Freetime gave me too many problems.

Forum Resident
#37 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 12:31 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 14th Jun 2020 at 1:19 AM.
I'm really not good at explaining things, I see now my comment on veetie's post is very vague (is this the right word to use? I feel like my English gets worse each day) I added a new comment, hopefully it makes things a little bit clearer. I often want to try and help, but I really should re-read my comments before posting! it feels like I'm constantly making a fool of myself haha

Edit: took a look at Squinge's mod in SimPE and no phone boot's TTAB is there, so I'm pretty sure your kids won't be able to call the taxi to go home from a community lot (which is what Honeywell fixed)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 4:42 PM
That walk to community lots Mod for children would really work for more of us without each of us having to try to edit ourselves if the Sims Crossing sign was also enabled for children in that Mod.That wasn't available when I tested it out and having that altered so those of us with altered pie menues could still have a child walk to community lots alone just by clicking the sign would save a lot of trouble.
Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus

That is amazing! Thanks so much for letting me/us know.
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 5:29 PM
Gonna just leave it here for anyone that wonders what's need to be changed in child_walktolot years later: https://equinoxts2.tumblr.com/post/...that-you-made-a
Page 2 of 2