Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 2:16 PM Last edited by t888 : 17th Dec 2018 at 2:33 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Screen Tear Where None Before
I'm using the same computer as I've been playing Sims 3 on for years. However, last time I played on Sept. 28th everything was still fine. Today I tried to launch it and on the menu the screen was all messed up and jumping with black lines occasionally at the top (screen tearing) and when loading a game and attempting to play it it spreads to all over the screen. It seems like my settings have also reset as the between loaders where you opt out of clicking stuff for points is back on as well. What could have happened and how do I fix it?! Please help me get my game to work. Also I think its only on fullscreen mode.

The video doesn't show the errors like it appears for me so its no use.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sims 3 Prob_xvid.rar (3.41 MB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:30 PM
This worked for me:

Another possible solution:

Create a desktop shortcut for the TS3.exe or TS3W.exe file located where the game was installed.

Go to the desktop, select the shortcut, press the left button and then select Properties.

in the compatibility tab, select the check box:

"Disable full-screen optimizations"

Ready.

I think this can correct the tear effect on full screen, tested on Intel HD 4600 in Windows 10
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:35 PM
Just to add here, part of what probably happened is that your graphics drivers got updated by Windows Update in between Sept and now. Whenever those get updated by any means, all Game Options are reset to defaults.

If the screen tears persist in full-screen mode and Win 10 is a pain about getting those resolved, many find that Windowed Borderless Gaming provides a reasonable solution.
https://westechsolutions.net/sites/...orderlessGaming
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
ahhh, you stole a dime from me! lol

folks, if it ain't broken, don't update it!

I'll split it with you.

But in this case after so much time has passed, I would say let it break and then fix it. Microsoft is going to get their way eventually, no?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 10:52 PM
Yeah, that could have been it as I have had a windows update since then. So does that mean my updated graphic driver is worse or what?

Bad thing is after the whole Wanna Cry thing and finding out about the NSA's secret exploit that it knew about all those years, it makes not updating potentially VERY dangerous so the automatic updates could quite possibly be necessary without you even knowing it.