Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 5:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets
Default sims 2 super collection taking forever to download
Hiii,

so happy that i found out about sims 2 super collection as my old disks no longer worked and now i can hopefully finally play again on my mac!
i have updated my mac so it now runs on OS X Yosemite (took just under a day to download!)
I'm now in the process of downloading the sims 2 super collection however it has been downloading for around 24 hours so far and atm has downloaded only 3.9GB out of 7.53!! so basically only halfway through
i don't think my internet speed is very fast but i still can't imagine that its normal to take so long? My laptop is a Macbook Pro and is nearly 3 years old.

can anyone help? or if it is normal, are there any tips of things i can do to make it download a bit faster? thank you!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 11:25 PM
This isn't a site issue, so it might be moved. It does seem as though your download is running slowly. Were you using any download managers with it? They do speed up the process if they are properly configured. You might also see if you have anything running in the background that is slowing your connection.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indiamm
Hiii,

so happy that i found out about sims 2 super collection as my old disks no longer worked and now i can hopefully finally play again on my mac!
i have updated my mac so it now runs on OS X Yosemite (took just under a day to download!)
I'm now in the process of downloading the sims 2 super collection however it has been downloading for around 24 hours so far and atm has downloaded only 3.9GB out of 7.53!! so basically only halfway through
i don't think my internet speed is very fast but i still can't imagine that its normal to take so long? My laptop is a Macbook Pro and is nearly 3 years old.

can anyone help? or if it is normal, are there any tips of things i can do to make it download a bit faster? thank you!

I can't remember the exact size of the Yosemite download, but it's somewhere in the 4-8 GB range so if it took you a day to download it your Super Collection download sounds only a little slower. Yes, that's a pretty slow internet connection, but it's not an impossible one, especially if the app store servers are busy, as they probably are over the holiday period. The two downloads sound consistent with each other.

Also, are you downloading over wifi? If you can do a wired connection for the duration of the download it might be faster.

The Mac App Store will allow you to pause and continue a download, so you can always pause it for a bit then continue it during a less busy part of the day, or stop and restart the download to see if it picks up any speed when it restarts.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 4:14 AM
I downloaded the Super collection and it took me a while too, I had to leave my macbook pro switched on for 1 day and a half. And I had connexion issues, so it would simply stop and I had to start it all over again several times.

Stay strong my friend the road to fun is riddled with obstacles