Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I can't wish to resurrect a Sim whose grave is on a community lot
One of my Sims died from disease, and I moved her grave to the hood's community graveyard. The next rotation, another Sim in that hood was given a genie lamp. Since the first Sim's death was something I'd tried to prevent, I decided to wish to resurrect her.

Here's the problem: Her name wasn't in the pie menu of Sims who could be resurrected. All my dead placeholders (who I created because all my Sims are supposed to be a large family and I wanted the game to recognise the relationships) were in the menu, but this Sim wasn't.

I'm wondering if I did something wrong when I moved the grave to the community lot. Have I accidentally corrupted some data? I had the dead Sim's roommate take the grave to the lot in inventory and place it, rather than using the "Move This Grave" option.

Any help, advice or information about what may have gone wrong would be much appreciated.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:57 PM
Have you considered having your sim go to the community lot, grab the tombstone, bring it home, and then try the resurrection?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 10:06 AM Last edited by nuidyaforever : 30th Oct 2012 at 10:33 AM.
No. Silly me - I might try that.

Edit: I did try it, and the Sim is still not in the pie menu. I should probably mention that this was the first one I moved to the graveyard - the placeholders died on an empty residential lot and stayed there, and I haven't entered the lot or messed with the graves since.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Site Helper
#4 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 3:08 PM
If the sim isn't in the pie menu when the tombstone is on the lot, then the character data is likely corrupt. I'm sorry.

Do you have Pescado's mod from MATY which prevents a sim's data from being destroyed when the sim dies? If not, you should get it. If so, did you have it when the sim died?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 9:00 PM
Yes, I have the mod. I've had it since I set up the hood, so I don't know what's gone wrong. Probably just a case of "clueless Simmer is clueless".

simblr
Site Helper
#6 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 3:06 PM
How well did the sim who is doing the resurrecting know the sim who is dead? The game doesn't let you be generous enough to resurrect a total stranger. (Don't try that in the Ultima series, either. lol Although I assume you probably already knew that... I would open that neighborhood in SimPE and see what the dead sim looks like. If the dead sims has a blue or red background, the mod didn't catch her in time. If you have backups of the neighborhood, she might still be salvageable with a bit of work, but she won't be available to resurrect unless she is showing as a normal sim.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 9:31 PM
I checked in SimPE - she doesn't have a blue or red background, but it's still showing the picture of her as an adult and she was an elder when she died.

The sim with the genie lamp didn't know her personally, but he didn't know the placeholders either and they still appeared in the menu.

edit: I hve backups - but not from before the sim died. Whoops.

simblr
Site Helper
#8 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 10:17 PM
Ghost sdoj had a good idea. Try increasing their relationship and see whether it makes a difference.
Site Helper
#9 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 2:04 PM
The thumbnail of her as an adult in SimPE is normal if you never took her to a mirror as an Elder. Due to a challenge I was playing, I had an adult who was still showing her toddler picture in SimPE because I was not allowed to change the stuff that she would grow up into. That isn't any indication of bad character data, just that SimPE grabbed the old thumbnail for her.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook