Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Beauty Wish and Witches Equals Chaos
I have all the EPs and SPs till Apartment Life. My problem is with Freetime.

So this is a glitch with the Genie Lamp Give Me Beauty Wish. I have a Witch Sim, female adult, who went on vacation as a guest with another household. When I chose her BV perks afterwards, the game told me they were "not applicable". As in, they just didn't work on her. BUT, then I tried the Genie Lamp Give Me Beauty to get her romantically enhanced (that BV perk is just like it, I believe). While the genie was granting the wish, there was this error message box with the cancel, reset and delete buttons, saying that there was an error with the Beauty Wish Code. I hit the reset button again and again because the box kept popping back up. Eventually fed up, I hit the dreaded Delete and the box vanished and my Witch Sim was surrounded by that sparkly stuff that shows something relating to chemistry occured (like the Love Potion sparkles that trail around after a Sim). Then after this, the witch's chemistry with most of the males she knew went to triple bolts. Which, I think, is what is supposed to happen.

In the past I HAVE tried it with a teen female and it seemed to work fine. Now, this witch sim appears to be unfortunately cursed...

Here's what happened as a result after the chemistry went up with all the male Sims she knew. Now, whenever she leaves a room, they ALL trail after her to interact either with her, or Sims in the room she enters. Regardless of whether they have wives or GFs or whatever. So they only interact with anything or anyone in the room SHE is in. Except for going to the bathroom. Her fiance is even worse. He won't even go to the bathroom or shower or whatever unless his need bar is absolutely deep red, if she happens to be free for him to interact with her. Which is cutesy but annoying as hell. I had her ditch the witchery with the anti-witch potion, and that got rid of a couple of the males being so obsessed, but with the exception of her fiance, who has ALWAYS been this way ever since they "fell in Sim Love", the rest of them STILL continue to chase after her weeks after the Genie Wish effects faded and most of the males' chemistry with her went back to the usual one or two. There are still several males with whom she suddenly randomly has triple chemistry with (again, excluding her fiance, with whom she has always had triple bolts chemistry). So basically, she has all these guys obsessed with her while she is now a normal Sim, and most of these males just have a single bolt chemistry with her, so I really don't get what's going on. Is it AL's reputation meter causing issues with the Beauty Wish? Is it just because she was a Witch when she first used the lamp? Or do BV perks screw up with Witches? It's really getting crazy now, because she can barely walk into a room without it getting flooded when she has male friends over. They all swarm automatically into the room she's in, either to interact with her or stuff in the room. And her fiance refuses to leave a room even if he's about to die of starvation, as long as she's in it. Kind of a big liability. x__o

I have Autonomous Casual Romance and Romancemod, and Inteenimator and Sim Blender as the most prominent hacks in my game, but both the witch (ex-witch now) and her fiance have an Autonomy of 0. Romance Mod I have used in a past game file and it has never had such an effect. Sim Blender does not alter game global behaviour like this and inTeenimator isn't related to chemistry at all. I honestly have no idea what to do and really need help before the witch's crazed fiance dies! I mean really, since when do Sims fall into obsession???
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:42 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.
  • General - Problem Custom Content
    Your issue is related to conflicting, outdated, or badly made custom content. Please follow the Finding Problem Custom Content FAQ.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:40 PM
I actually did remove the downloads like the FAQs asked. That didn't do much. Neither did the other steps and I wasn't about to reinstall. I tried another female Sim activating the Beauty Wish. That seemed to have given her the same males-obsessing-over-her effect. Then, when her four days of the wish were over, it seemed to have cured the problem. For now, at least. The witch's fiance now actually leaves the room to go to the bathroom, etc. I think there was just a glitch with witches and BV perks and Beauty Wishes, because I didn't get the error message on the Beauty Wish when I had the other nonwitch female Sim use it.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:01 PM
I just re-read the patch notes for AL and didn't see anything regarding witches and perks, so it's probably just some sort of glitch that wasn't addressed properly by EAxis. :/ Glad to hear that the problem seems to be cured.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:29 AM
Agh, I THOUGHT it was cured!! It came back and it's annoying as hell! And apparently, ANY of the witches and warlocks in my game, when activating a Beauty Wish, will cause the same obsession effect on the opposite gender, regardless of if they have a single chemistry bolt or none at all. x___x I guess witches adn wishes don't go together. Agh, it's annoying because now the poor witch can't get a moment to breathe in a room alone. She's always being swarmed by every male Sim in the household...including her stupid servo! When she goes to the bathroom, they all attempt to go in there and do stupid things like view the paintings on the wall or something. Which is beyond frustrating when the bathroom is a 2 x 2 square.