Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 4:39 PM
Default How to remove Buffs w/Zerbu
I'm working on a mod, but a few of the buffs are broken so I'm trying to remove them ... but they won't go away. I've deleted them every way I can find but they're still there. Any tips on removing faulty proximity buffs so I can try again?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilitaRabbit
I'm working on a mod, but a few of the buffs are broken so I'm trying to remove them ... but they won't go away. I've deleted them every way I can find but they're still there. Any tips on removing faulty proximity buffs so I can try again?

Sims.remove_all_buffs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Sims.remove_all_buffs

No, in zerbu's mod maker, creating a trait, I need to remove some of the buffs and redo them.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilitaRabbit
No, in zerbu's mod maker, creating a trait, I need to remove some of the buffs and redo them.

Then you'll need to remove all references to the faulty buffs from the code.
They should be added by a loot action . So check all the loot actions on every interaction, then follow the code and you'll be on the right track.
Is it your own new mod or are you messing with an outdated mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Then you'll need to remove all references to the faulty buffs from the code.
They should be added by a loot action . So check all the loot actions on every interaction, then follow the code and you'll be on the right track.
Is it your own new mod or are you messing with an outdated mod?

It's my own. I just messed up on the proximity buffs and need to redo them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:16 AM
I'm still really having trouble with this. The only place these buffs are referenced is in the element tree and I can't delete them from there, nor from their actual page. I also can't get into the code and fix it that way - I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing - I need to actually use the program to do this.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:25 AM
Are there any updates? I've been trying to remove a buff from a deleted mod but I can't figure out how to.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:13 PM
zerbu's mod is rather buggy if you ask me when it comes to removing buffs, I used it for the core of my Bad Parent Trait and whilst it ADDS buffs perfectly fine, it is TERRIBLE at removing any. As far as I know, the mod is outdated now as well.