Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:57 PM
Default Are you a creator who takes requests?
If you create custom content, and you are open to taking requests or suggestions from other simmers, we now have an easy way for those simmers to find creators who are willing to make custom content that others request or suggest.

You may post on either (or both) of these two threads, letting people know what you're willing to create:

All requests will be sent by Private Message. Please note that we do NOT have any requests forums and posting requests in any threads or sending unsolicited private messages is against our site rules. Also, do NOT post any requests in those threads, or here - those threads are just for creators to post on, and this thread is just to let you know about them. Any requests posted here, there, or anywhere else will be deleted.

We feel that this method is a good balance of connecting people who want to request something with those willing to do it, and we hope this will be a useful resource for both creators and those wanting something created.

Happy simming!
8 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:38 PM
Nice! I know that it's going to make a lot of people happy. I just have one question, if we happen to change our minds and don't want or can't take requests anymore, do we edit our original post?
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:13 PM
I'm sure we could, as taking requests is voluntary.

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 7:01 PM
W00t! good times...

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 7:42 PM
lanawinst - Of course you can. Just click Edit on your post and you can change whatever you say you want to do, or just delete the whole post if you decide you don't want to do requests at all.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:29 PM
Easy enough. Thanks for the answer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:52 PM
I'm really surprised at how many creators have responded even just thus far - thanks guys!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:07 AM
Could we perhaps add a thread for people who don't do requests, but would "exchange favours"? I know there was one post a while ago by a modder who looked for someone to make a mesh, and offered to do some object modding in return .. I can't find that post anymore, but that is something I could use right now.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:17 AM
PB, can't they just stats those terms in their post in the request-takers thread? Just say "I will make requests only for someone who will return the favor" or something like that?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:29 AM
Uuuuh, no no no =). I'm staying FAR away from that thread. I get enough "make stuff for me plz because I don't have time" PMs from illiterate idiots as is, even though I post in every upload that I don't take requests and it's in my signature and all.

That's why I'm asking – I'd like to be able to post somewhere that I'd do a mesh (or a house or whatever) for someone who makes my object do X, but I don't want there to be any possible way for that to be confused with "I take random requests".

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:55 AM
I think thats so rare though that it'd be better to just keep it on your profile page.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 9:07 AM
Or you could post that in the Ranch, where anyone there is both a creator and capable of returning the favour.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 9:10 AM
I don't see anywhere to add text to my profile though .. it starts with Personal picks, then Downloads, then Policy, signature, and group memberships. I know there used to be a text box (which I used for links to specific dowloads), but I can't find that anymore .. -> ?

But I had completely forgotten that the Ranch exists. Thanks HP.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
But I had completely forgotten that the Ranch exists.

Gasp! Remove her privs!!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:27 AM
LOL Inge. I just made an *extra long* post in the Ranch to make up for it .

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:18 PM
plasticbox: It's the About Me / Policy / Other Text on Edit Profile

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 4:33 PM
Ah ok –*somehow the profile box *title* had gone AWOL, that's why I had no box. I resurrected it now; thanks.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 7:13 PM
Well this thing is a kind off success.. I got 6 mails yesterday about requests.. Well may a bit to much but I can say that some of them was interesting.

But I hope I don't get my message box overfull.:p

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 7:39 PM
I'm sure once the site news article has dropped off the front page, it'll die down a bit.

Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 1:09 AM
thanks !!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:09 AM
This is an excellent idea, and I hope that it will cut down on unsolicited requests while helping people find creators who are talented and willing. Wonderful idea. :D

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:51 AM
Thanks for your this view

I am extremely interested in this here and i wanna do it very heartily. And you made a people very happy by this news.

Its good.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#23 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 4:53 AM
It's good so far for the most part, however, I wish that the people making requests would give us pictures of exactly what they want. Even though it would be interesting at times, I have not developed the ability to read minds yet. I have several interesting requests that I won't/can't start because they have not given me the things I need. I figure that if they want something made for free, the least they can do is go fetch the needed ingredients. Oh well..... Lots of interesting things won't be made because I won't take the time to google up whatever might be in their imaginations.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#24 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 5:09 AM
It does seem to cut down on unsolicited requests it seems .. at least for me it does (of course there's also the possibility that everyone just decided I suck). I haven't gotten any PMs pretty much since the day it was posted – before that, it was one every other day.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#25 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 5:33 AM
If I at a mod will I get in troubles?? You know nobody decided that you suck, plasticbox. It's just that they've got a list of people to choose from now.

I don't know if it would be possible- but is there a way to arrange or divide the thread up? Ok, yeah..that's real descriptive isn't it? Silly me. What I mean is- if there is a way to group the different posts together (lots, sims, mods..etc.) it would probably help. People have a tendency to skim through long threads and grab onto the first thing that resembles what they're looking for. So, even though I (for example) tried to make it clear what I will and won't do- I've gotten requests for stuff I can't. Like objects with modified behaviors. Or, before I edited my post, recolors of hairs because the person saw "recolors".
I guess everyone could edit their post to make it extremely clear what they can/can't do or will/won't do, but that'd make for some really long posts. Just a thought- although there's most likely no way to do it.
Page 1 of 2