Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 11:40 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh*had blonde moment* I thought you ment you had to look in the thread..hehe. thanks!

Whee.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 12:25 PM
Nope, the stuff in the thread is in addition to the PMs that you get.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#28 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 7:24 PM
Am guessing the "Additional notes for this upload" that comes with PMs about approval/rejection is part of these new changes? Had those in PMs regarding the recent stuff I submitted here
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Dan Fixx : 2nd Jul 2008 at 10:06 PM.
Great, communication is good. I'm sure this will help us all while improving our uploaded creations, and with a lot less frustration. Thanks 'Staff'!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 9:06 PM
xnymphetaminex, yes, thats the "Other" checkbox and reason. It's all included, don't worrk.

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 2:07 PM
Sounds like good stuff to me... especially the part where you can fix somethings and come back later and fix the rest...personally that part is the best as sometimes the real life schedule is hectic, then someone throws a wrench at you while you're attempting to fix your submission and you can't get back to it til the next day.

Bravo Delphy and the gang here

Angel

Angelsways1
"Always Built With Love"
Come see my other creations at Angelsways1's Sims2 Creation Station and
Simcastic Designs
Instructor
#32 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 6:28 PM
Delphy, This looks like a great update to the moderation queue--thanks for all of your hard work to make simming even *more* fun!
Forum Resident
#33 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 12:59 PM
Thanks for the improvement, even though it´s a bit late for me now that I will only have one last update here on MTS2.

Anyway, this will make things easier for many.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 1:49 AM
Just got a chance to try this out. It's more comforting and satisfying. Thank you for this change.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 8:22 PM
Thank's, this is great!

Anne
*It's As Simple As Something That Nobody Knows*
Not actually evil.
#37 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 4:44 AM
Thanks Delphy! The "I'm ready for review" checkbox is something I really wanted because I do change stuff incrementally.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:29 AM
This seems like it will be very useful, but I tried it on one of older ones awaiting moderation and ticked all required boxes but when I click update, I see no changes and have no indication of any sort that it went through. I am using Mozilla 3.0 on a Mac.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 12:30 PM
patronus light, you have nothing in the moderation queue whatsoever, so you shouldn't even be seeing those boxes on normal threads.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
patronus light, you have nothing in the moderation queue whatsoever, so you shouldn't even be seeing those boxes on normal threads.

Well, the last one I submitted needed changes which I didn't get done in the allotted time and I figured the thread would be deleted but it wasn't... I don't see a way for me to delete it otherwise I would have just started over. This is the thread http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=283014 .
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:04 PM
awesome changes. Streamlines the process even more than before! Kudos.
#42 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 4:56 PM
This is such a great idea, Thank You!
Forum Resident
#43 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 7:04 PM Last edited by Nightly367 : 7th Jul 2008 at 8:23 PM.
I needed to change the links in a thread I submitted (Didn't realize the link I had no longer redirected). I fixed them, checked the boxes, and clicked Update. It reloaded, but it loaded the same page (with the ticked boxes and my text in the additional comments). So.. I don't know if it's been updated or not...

The thread was submitted last night and I received the 'Changes Required' message this afternoon.

Should I just delete it and re-upload and make sure everything's right?

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Forum Resident
#44 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 8:35 PM
um, it's nice you changed it but, I don't know what's wrong but, i'm getting even less information on what was wrong than before.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#45 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 9:23 PM
ooga_booga, You still get the PM sent to your inbox with the required changes. You do not currently have any uploads in the queue, so you would not have noticed this change - therefore, I fail to see just why you are complaining about getting less information when in fact you have not used the new system yet.

Nightly, if the boxes are ticked, then thats updated. It also adds a special hidden flag for our moderators to check. Do not go and delete and and reupload please.

Forum Resident
#46 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 1:48 AM
I have used the new system, they just left the queue before I posted, I got no changes required PM, and in the rejection PM it said nothing.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 12:56 PM
Well you wouldn't get a changes required if you got rejected. Additionally the rejection PM didn't say nothing, it listed 2 reasons - I suggest you go back and read them. Not every rejection or changes required has moderator comments.

Instructor
#48 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 3:56 PM
very nice idea. for someone as forgetful as i am this will be a big bonus should i get an upload kicked back to me for changing

good to see you keeping busy during your retirement, Delphy *wink*

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 8:47 PM
These changes - as indicated by the thread title and the first post - apply only to the changes required part of the moderation queue.

It does not apply to rejections - those happen as normal - in other words, you fix whatever it is, and upload again.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#50 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 9:09 PM
Delphy, I thank you so much for your quick reply, and time spend during so. Thank you so now I do not have to pay money and see a "Therapist" A mind is a funny thing when you think you are confused it is because you are, or is it because you are not? Or maybe it is because oh well now I do not know if I should turn my computer off with my right hand or left hahaaaaa Thanks "Delphy"
Page 2 of 4