Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2023 at 3:17 AM
Default Allow sims to use bed under stairs?
Hi, is there any mod to allow sims to use beds under their stairs, or any way for me to make my game allow this? It is really annoying me that my sims cannot do this, because in real life you totally would be able to sleep in this bed no problem without even bumping your head. There is no other good place for a bed in this house and I have a sim who needs a bed
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th May 2023 at 3:52 AM
From looking at a CC set that includes an under-the-stairs bed cubby, I think this is already possible but the exact positioning of the bed is important for them to not see a roof height that is too low.

I would suggest using moveobjects + hold the ALT key to finely place the bed so the top is as close to the wall as you can and slide the bed out a bit so the edge the sim approaches from peeks out of the tile the stairs occupy. There should be a sweet spot they are able to route to it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2023 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
From looking at a CC set that includes an under-the-stairs bed cubby, I think this is already possible but the exact positioning of the bed is important for them to not see a roof height that is too low.

I would suggest using moveobjects + hold the ALT key to finely place the bed so the top is as close to the wall as you can and slide the bed out a bit so the edge the sim approaches from peeks out of the tile the stairs occupy. There should be a sweet spot they are able to route to it.

If you are talking about the CC in the photo, it is not specifically for under the stairs, its sketchbook pixels' loft bed base with a separate mattress on it. Thank you for the suggestion, moving it closer to the wall worked! I didnt even need moveobjects, just the alt key (dont mind the sim)