Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 10:32 PM
Default Want to make Animations, AnimTool keep giving error...
Hello everyone!

I'm new to MTS, and this is my first time making custom animations. I've worked with Blender a lot, but never with the animations portion. I followed numerous tutorials on how to make custom animations, but I keep having the same error with AnimTool.

First off, I have to let you know that I don't have a FullBuild0.package file because it didn't come with the Origin download for some reason. I've done searches through my whole computer and it wasn't found, so I tried using another set of animation files I had in my packages folder. The only problem is that I still kept getting the same error on AnimTool.

I used S3PE to make the package material into an animation file, but after it was converted and I tried to use AnimTool to convert it from .animation to .smd it keeps giving me this error: ERR: Invalid Type Name "" detected. It happens every time the same way with every version of AnimTool. I was also not prompted to open my rigging file either...

Because AnimTool wasn't letting me convert a .animation to .smd, I decided to just make my animation in MilkShape from scratch and then export it as .smd and then try using AnimTool to convert it from .smd to .animation, but it gave me another error saying, "Unable to open animation file..."

I have searched around the web looking for a solution to this problem, but haven't seemed to find any. I hope this is where I am supposed to post this kind of thread. And I really hope someone out there can help me! I really want to make my own animations so I can post them on here for people.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me!

Baphomet6669
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:15 AM Last edited by silverfox : 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:25 AM.
If you want to use Blender, you need "Blender plugins", "Sim-rigs" and "pets-rigs".
Looks here and here

AnimTool is for MilkShape only.

If you want to use MilkShape and Anim-Tool, looks here .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silverfox
If you want to use Blender, you need "Blender plugins", "Sim-rigs" and "pets-rigs".
Looks here and here

AnimTool is for MilkShape only.

If you want to use MilkShape and Anim-Tool, looks here .

I am using AnimTool and MilkShape hahaha I was just labeling Blender to let people know that I have worked with modeling software to make things go a little faster.

I found out the problem though, my FullBuild0.package file was hidden under ORIGIN in my Program Files. Been so tired that I forgot that TS3 was saved under Origin>EA>TS3 hahahaha

Thank you for your response though :D