Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 8:44 PM
Default Changing Shower Stats
I want to adjust the hygiene rate and environment level for a couple of the showers. I can't seem to locate what files need to be adjusted accordingly to increase the hygiene rate from 260/hr to say 800/hr and remove the "-cold" result from the lower rated showers. And advice of information about what needs to be altered would be a great help.

I have used S3OC and tried making some adjustments before cloning the object, but to no avail. I am also fairly comfortable with finding my way around s3pe. If I know what needs to be changed, I can always look into a shower that has the settings I want to find the values needed to be applied to the other showers.

Thanks for any help. Also, if it isn't possible, just say so.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 10:11 PM
seems to me like that would be in an _xml resource in the cloned object's package. Can't say for sure, since I haven't looked.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 10:41 PM Last edited by nonamena : 26th Jan 2013 at 11:29 AM.
You can set the overall chance of getting the cold shower moodlet when using a cheap shower in the BuffColdShower_0x7186caed6c42ed68 XML in the GameplayData.package. (Note: TFM has this mod here. You must register to see the thread)

If you want to change the speed for hygiene gain, you'll need to alter the TakeShower_ ITUNs (There are currently seven of them) in the GameplayData.package.

Some of the tunables (but not the two above) are available on a per-scriptclass basis. You'll find them in various Shower XMLs. In S3PE, set the filter to active (tick box next to Filter active), and then in the name field Type Shower. Tick the box next to the name field and press Set, and you'll find all the XMLs that have the word Shower in the name.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:19 PM
You can also use S3OC to clone the objects without renumbering. Open them with s3pe, find the OBJK of your object and change the script class from "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.ShowerBasic" or "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.ShowerCheap" to "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.ShowerExpensive" or any of these:
  • Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.ShowerGen
  • Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.ShowerHETech
  • Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.ShowerModern
  • Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.ShowerRanch
  • Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.ShowerRomantic

That was to remove the cold shower moodlet, but you can also use it to increase the hygiene rate of the shower. Just look for the script class that the 800/h shower uses.

Or create your own script class (Sims_3:HowIMadeAToiletClassWithTuningwiki) to replace the current script class.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like one way or the other, it shouldn't be too difficult to make happen.