Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:01 AM Last edited by 917893678251 : 8th Jul 2009 at 2:12 AM.
Default How do you add animation for opening the door and closing it,and for police to open doors to put in criminals
Here is what I find in the package:
Get out of car:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<base>
	<Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.Vehicle+GetOutOfVehicle+Definition" />
	<Object name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.Vehicle" />
	<Current_Tuning>
		<Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />
		<BaseAvailability>
			<Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="True" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
			<MotiveThreshold MotiveThresholdType="None" MotiveThresholdValue="0" MotiveBelowCheck="False" />
			<MoodThreshold MoodThresholdType="None" MoodThresholdValue="0" />
			<SkillThreshold SkillThresholdType="None" SkillThresholdValue="0" />
			<CareerThreshold CareerThresholdType="Undefined" CareerThresholdValue="0" IncludePastCareers="False" />
			<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="False" AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutsideUserDirected="True" AllowGreetedSims="True" AllowOnCommunityLots="True" AllowOnAllLots="False" />
			<Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="False" DisallowedFromInventory="False" />
		</BaseAvailability>
		<PosturePrecondition name="SittingInCar" value="1">
		</PosturePrecondition>
		<Check type="All" value="0" />
		<Tradeoff name="GetOutOfVehicle">
			<Localization autoGenerate="False" />
			<Time value="1" addRoute="True" />
			<Exit funExit="False" stressExit="False" interruptible="False" />
			<RouteLeadIn allowed="False" />
			<AskJoinInteraction joinable="False" />
			<ScoringFunction alwaysChooseBest="False" name="" specificCommodity="None" />
			<ActionTopic name="" ActionTopicUnavailableAfterActionFinishes="False" />
			<Output>
				<Change type="Standing" advertised="200" locked="True" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
			</Output>
		</Tradeoff>
	<Notes Notes="" />
	</Current_Tuning>
</base>

Get in car:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<base>
	<Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.Interactions.GetInCar+Definition" />
	<Object name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.Car" />
	<Current_Tuning>
		<Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />
		<BaseAvailability>
			<Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
			<MotiveThreshold MotiveThresholdType="None" MotiveThresholdValue="0" MotiveBelowCheck="False" />
			<CareerThreshold CareerThresholdType="Undefined" CareerThresholdValue="0" />
			<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="False" AllowGreetedSims="True" AllowOnCommunityLots="True" AllowOnAllLots="False" />
			<Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="False" />
		</BaseAvailability>
		<AutonomousAvailability>
			<Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="True" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
			<CareerThreshold CareerThresholdType="Undefined" CareerThresholdValue="0" />
			<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="False" AllowGreetedSims="True" AllowOnCommunityLots="True" AllowOnAllLots="False" />
			<Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="False" />
		</AutonomousAvailability>
        <PosturePrecondition name="Standing" value="1">
        </PosturePrecondition>
        <PosturePrecondition name="CarryingChild" value="0">
        </PosturePrecondition>
        <Check type="All" value="0" />
		<Tradeoff name="GetInCar">
			<Localization autoGenerate="True" />
			<Time value="1" addRoute="True" />
			<Exit funExit="False" stressExit="False" interruptible="False" />
			<AskJoinInteraction joinable="False" />
			<ScoringFunction name="" />
			<Output>
			</Output>
		</Tradeoff>
	</Current_Tuning>
</base>
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:22 AM
That's just some XML tuning. Has nothing to do with animations. The animations to open and close car doors and for sims to get in and out are probably not in the game at all - and we can't edit animations in any way yet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM
On a similar note, is it possible to *remove* animations? Like, I hate hate hate the way that sims make waffles. Would it be possible to somehow remove the mixing steps altogether and make it go directly to putting the waffles into the pan? Sort of like how toaster pastries from TS2 were made?

I just think it's weird to mix up a big bowl of waffle batter and then magically pour it into perfect waffle shapes...

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#4 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
On a similar note, is it possible to *remove* animations? Like, I hate hate hate the way that sims make waffles. Would it be possible to somehow remove the mixing steps altogether and make it go directly to putting the waffles into the pan? Sort of like how toaster pastries from TS2 were made?

I just think it's weird to mix up a big bowl of waffle batter and then magically pour it into perfect waffle shapes...

OT - On a side note, do you also find it weird that they make waffles inside the oven instead of on the stove-top? I have NEVER made a waffle inside the oven, only using a waffle-iron, or in a frying pan, like pancakes. Or is this just me? Are waffles normally made inside the oven?!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
OT - On a side note, do you also find it weird that they make waffles inside the oven instead of on the stove-top? I have NEVER made a waffle inside the oven, only using a waffle-iron, or in a frying pan, like pancakes. Or is this just me? Are waffles normally made inside the oven?!

Exactly! If I make waffles I either (a) make them from scratch with a waffle iron, or (b) grab a box of frozen waffles and pop them in the toaster.

That's why I was thinking that the sims should go the "frozen waffle" route and just take them out the fridge then directly put them in the oven. It makes more sense that way o.O

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:44 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 8th Jul 2009 at 10:08 AM.
There's no substitute for a waffle iron!

Though I guess that's a little beyond our capability to mod in at this point

But yes, the whole waffle thing is very weird. Makes you wonder how the EA folks eat.

Back on the subject of cars though, was just chatting with a guy who thinks he may be able to make cars collide with sims :O That'll be impressive if he can pull it off.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:26 PM
Hmm, if I am gonna have waffles from frozen I put them in the oven :p
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:16 PM
since ima noob around ere' my wee two cents

the animations scripts are bundled somewhere and interwoven. LOL I im guessing right you would have to reverse engineer the modules that contain the animation scripts.
open up the child carrying pose and somehow add that tag to the "criminal" module.

oww my head hurts from all of this thinking ill stop now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
There's no substitute for a waffle iron!

Though I guess that's a little beyond our capability to mod in at this point

But yes, the whole waffle thing is very weird. Makes you wonder how the EA folks eat.

Back on the subject of cars though, was just chatting with a guy who thinks he may be able to make cars collide with sims :O That'll be impressive if he can pull it off.
BUMP,is it done yet?Did he finish it?
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 917893678251
BUMP,is it done yet?Did he finish it?

No He may have given up.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
I have been exploring some aspects of playing animations in the game, and even finding them.
Firstly, if you want to make anything with custom animations, period, it's going to involve core modding, no questions asked.
If you want to make an object with custom animations, you're probably going to have to make a custom class for that object.
Anyway, from my research so far, I have found that in order to run any animation, a ClientStateMachine object instance is created, which involves using a series of functions in that class to...
1) Refer it an instance of a .jazz animation sequence,
2) Have the sim or object that performs the animation enter into that state machine, 3) Then giving it the name of a clip, which refers a 32-bit hash within the .jazz file that refers to a sequence of .grannyrig files and how they are performed.

Not I and not even WesHowe fully understands the layout of all the internal files that go into performing an animation yet.
I'm just trying to at least figure out a way to play animations on demand in the game to help WesHowe poke at the data to figure it out and to help myself and others make useful machinima mods, such as a mod for sim/car collisions.

Regarding your dilemmas:
I skimmed through the JazzData.package

For sims getting into/out of cars and other things:
There seems to be a jazz file for entering cars:
ingame\vehicles\sedan\animation\entercar.jazz,
Though it might not have much promise.
Unless you've actually seen a car door opening and closing in game, I fear that the entire car system may have to be overhauled in a massive core mod that would basically be a mini expansion pack.

Hopefully, with their new online movie maker program, the amount of machinima makers amongst the sheeple will start grow, along with the complaints of cars being a HUGE STEP BACKWARDS from TS2 cars, which will force to eaxoid devs to get off their lazy asses and improve the system so that we modders don't have to.

However, my collision mod may be possible, if I can figure out how make an emitter for detecting nearby objects while the car is in motion. It would be something like the emitter that kleptos use to find nearby objects to steal, only it would be positioned at the front of the vehicle with a radius as long as the vehicle itself, unless I can make something more complex than a circle, which I probably can't.

Then I'd have to make a collision situation class that would be instantiated once an object was detected by this emitter, in the vehicle's path.

It might prove more complex than I can handle, and open a huge can worms, such as getting the vehicle to discriminate only to objects in front of it, in its path, while it is in motion, and not objects on the sidewalks, and to back and sides of the vehicle.

Now, regarding waffle preparation, and removing a step, that might be doable so far with a core mod, but I haven't looked into food that much.
You could try checking out the classes in Sims3GameplayObjects and Sims3GameplaySystems to find specific instances of food, but from what I've seen so far, all food is just based on set of data from generics.
In order to find out specifically, I would suggest using Peter's object cloner, found right here: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=259.0
To find and clone the Waffles food object, and then try to find the file that dictates the order to preparation steps and other things, be it a tuning file or something else.

As for running animations on demand, my project, I'll get back to everyone after the hell that is my third Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics Exam is over with, probably tomorrow.
The biggest irony of having an exam today is that today is my birthday, but hopefully that will give me luck.
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:39 PM
GL with your exam, CM Thanks for the update, and happy birthday!
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:06 PM
Hello! It is possible to make that the cars will drive from some place to You when you want to go somewere? Not just appear in front of you from nowhere,like the taxi and the carpool...
It is possible to Disallowed the cars From Inventory?
Thank you!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 6:13 PM Last edited by brillo_pad : 24th Jan 2011 at 6:23 PM.
What does this part mean?

<Localization autoGenerate="True" />

P.S. I apologize for the epic necromancy..

Go suck an elf...