Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 5:38 PM
Default Ruler of the House Challenge
You are trapped in here forever, and someone has to rule the house. You have voted yourself into the throne, but how long will it stay that way?

Starting Off

Create a family of seven. You can make some people related, but make sure there is at least one woman and one man who are not related for baby-making purposes. Traits and appearance are up to you. Choose one Sim to be the King or Queen of the house. They have supreme power over anyone in the household. Choose a mate for them. This is the royal couple of the household. Buy an empty lot and build a wall around it so no Sims in your house can escape, and no Sims outside can enter. I recommend turning off paper delivery. Build a house. It doesn't have to be grand, but it can be however you want it to be. You may use money cheats.

Ruling your Kingdom

There is a lot of choice involved in ruling your kingdom, but I will set down a basic guideline if you're not the creative type.

Making Laws
You can have laws in your kingdom. You could have each subject be forced to give a tribute to the ruler every week (if you have Generations, give an object in your inventory to them each week, if you don't, just click and drag it into the inventory. You could bar everyone except your royal couple from having romantic relationships (I do not recommend this if your royal couple is male/male or female/female because then you can't have kids). You can have each Sim be assigned a "job" in the kingdom (farmers can grow food/fish, builders can fix things or invent, chefs can cook/mix drinks, etc). If your subjects break one of these laws, they could be tortured or executed. You could drown them, burn them, starve them, or crush them with a murphy bed to execute them. To torture them, you could lock them in a little room (even make a dungeon, and deprive them of food, beat them up, not let them pee or sleep or shower, for any amount of time you wished. Come up with more of your own laws or torture methods if you want to add more fun!

Dynasties and Takeovers
If you know anything whatsoever about history, you know that no kingdom is stable. You can either create a long-lasting dynasty of your royal family, or you can have your rulers constantly being conquered. Dynasties are pretty simple, you just have the eldest child of your current ruler take over when your ruler dies. Takeovers work this way - since you can't actually make your Sims fight to the death, you have them "Fight!" five times. Whoever wins three or more times won the fight, and the loser should be executed.

Culture of your Kingdom
This isn't a requirement, but you could do this just to make it cooler/more realistic. You can have your villagers all dress a certain way, have them all know a certain skill, stuff like that. You could make it so that all kids are hidden inside the house till they are teens, or you could make a nursery where they live together all the time!

Educating your Kids
You obviously can't send your kids to school, so here's what you can do instead. Build a "school" in your kingdom with plenty of skill objects. When your kids are children, have them master a skill for their future profession, such as the blocks skill to make them a builder. Also make them read 10 books. Then as teens, have them completely master this skill, and read 12 books. If their profession skill isn't available at all during childhood (like the Music skills) then make them master both the oven skill and the blocks skill so they have some schooling. If you do this, you can use cheats to change bad traits when they age up. I recommend deleting your town's school if you have generations, so that your kids are not constantly being scolded for skipping school.

This challenge doesn't really have a way to win, so I think I'll make a points system:
Every regular child born: +10
Every royal child born: +40
Every violent takeover: +40
Every lawbreaker executed: +50
Every lawbreaker tortured: +25
Every heir taking the throne: +40
Every innocent villager (did not break a law or fail at fighting the ruler) killed by something other than old age: -50
Every ruler not killed by violent takeover: -100

If all your villagers die, or enough Sims die so that you can't make a baby, you lose. If you reach 1000 points, you win.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please post a quick reply! I will be happy to read it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 6:28 PM
How often or at what point do you try to get another sim to take over.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittens!
How often or at what point do you try to get another sim to take over.

Any time you like. It's just to make it more interesting. So if you get bored with your dynasty, you can change it up with a new ruler and maybe some new culture!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 5:02 PM
Okay.