Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 6:21 PM Last edited by hugbug993 : 5th Apr 2013 at 5:03 PM.
Default Aliens in Hiding Challenge
You and your crew have crash-landed on a small, unknown planet. It is unlikely that you will ever be found. The crew is not familiar with primitive means of sustaining their own lives. The inhabitants of this world may help, but they are a young lot: still clinging to their superstitions but with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. Letting them learn of your true nature may cause great harm. The only option is to live among them in hiding...

----------------------------

You control a group of aliens. These can be Seasons aliens or just sims with odd skin and hair coloring. If the former, please don't use their special abilities. Not everyone has Seasons and it would give you an unfair advantage.
You may start with up to eight aliens.

These aliens cannot be seen by any other sim in the town, with the following exceptions:
1. Animal sims are okay. They can't talk.
2. If the alien is outside at night and there is no lighting nearby, the sim cannot clearly see the alien.
3. If the alien is best friends with the sim, they can reveal the secret. However, unless that sim has a trait that makes them trustworthy - like the Good trait - the alien must keep the relationship at friends or above to prevent their secret getting spilled.
4. The sim has already been trusted by another alien.

Obviously, this means no regular jobs unless you have befriended all sims working there and it isn't a job with a lot of public exposure. Your aliens will have to work from home with restrictions.

Gardening: you cannot garden during the day, since sims walking by would see the alien. If there is a wall around the lot, however, then the aliens won't be seen and can garden as much as they want.

Painting: Only mediocre paintings can be sold. Masterpieces and Brilliant paintings would attract attention, which the aliens don't want. However, if the pieces are kept, then they can be sold after the death of the painter.

Writing: As stated above, good work attracts attention. Therefore, if your alien writes a book that's a Hit, your alien cannot sell another book for one week and must pick another genre to write in. If the book is a Best-Seller, the alien cannot sell another book for two weeks and must pick another genre to write in. This will prevent hype from building up.

Sculpting: As in the last two entries, good work attracts attention. Clay and wood are the two simplest and cheapest materials to work with, so they won't attract as much attention as an ice scuplture. Sculptures with better materials can be made, but not sold until after the death of the sculptor.

Inventing: Aliens are wary of giving their technology to lesser beings. While they can make big and small inventions, they will not sell them. Widgets, Improved Widgets, and Toys can all be sold, since they're harmless.

Other rules:

Your aliens cannot be officially counted by the game as rich. That attracts attention.

They cannot have anything reposessed. Otherwise, the repoman will discover their secret.

Aliens cannot move out of the house. Overstuffed mods are acceptable.

Humans cannot be moved into the house unless they marry one of the aliens.

If an alien marries a human, they cannot be divorced, since they can't take the risk that their ex-spouse would talk about it to the world. Marriages between two aliens are allowed to end.

If an alien-sim hybrid looks completely human - meaning that their skin and natural hair color are normal for humans - then most of the rules do not apply to them. They may move out, go out in public, get a job, etc. However, if they live with their alien family, then the rules applying to the household in general still affect them. They can't invite other sims over until they have been trusted with the secret, they can't become rich, and they cannot move someone in unless that person is their spouse.
Also, if they have a child who inherited any non-human features from their grandparents, that child must be moved back in.

Alien/hybrid children do not go to school. Deleting the town's school is acceptable.

There are several ways to win this challenge.

Befriending the town: Every living human sim in the town (excluding babies, toddlers, and children) must have been trusted by at least one alien with their secret.

Getting rescued: At the end of ten generations, a ship will pass by. If there are any pure-blooded aliens left, they can call the ship and get picked up. The goal is to have at least one alien sim left who has no non-alien ancestors.

Interbreeding: The aliens marry into the human race and their children continue until there are no alien traits left in any of the offspring. Every one of their descendants must look fully human.

If anyone has any questions or problems, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 5:13 PM
Also, now that I've actually played UL:

University is obviously out. So is Street Art and Social Networking.

The science skill is fine to use. However, you can't go to the science lab unless you've befriended all the people working there. And unless plasma bugs can be caught in the game world, they can't be sold.

Cloning is also fine. But since clones aren't automatically attached to the main family tree, they have to marry into the family. Otherwise, they don't count as descendents in the Rescued ending. (But they also have to remain hidden, whether they attach to the family tree or not)

The Group Science Project can only be used if there's a wall around the lot. Whenever I use it, a lot of neighbors come running.
Space Pony
#3 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 11:59 PM
How would one go about getting the "Being Rescued" ending without using a mod that removes the close relations restriction.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
How would one go about getting the "Being Rescued" ending without using a mod that removes the close relations restriction.

I could have sworn I had a sentence that explained that...

Anyway, you can start with up to eight aliens. That should be enough to carry you through to the tenth generation, though some non-monogamy might be necessary.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 11:31 AM
Must they be the hideous looking Sim aliens - or can I make them a bit more pleasing?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:04 PM
They don't have to be EA aliens. As I said above, not everyone has Seasons. Any sims with non-human coloring (both skintone and hair color) will work.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:59 PM
So I started playing, and my alien couple is doing pretty well. I gave them human names to 'fit in'; Darren and Karen Smith. They both have the family-orientated trait so as soon they made some money by painting and writing I decided to make them have some kids. After my initial twins, I decided that I would try for triplets. Both of the parents had the fertility trait and I constantly made the mother listen to the Childern's music. But the strangest thing happened. Instead of triplets, the mother popped out quadruplets. That has never happened naturally in my game before. Huh.
But anyway, the large alien family is doing well so far, though they are running a bit low on funds and living room.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 4:55 PM
Wow. Maybe your aliens are trying to initiate an Overstuffed 100 Baby Challenge.

Welcome to the challenge! Hope you have fun.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:09 PM
my ailens are named zeana and zantor 10.0 zantor is blue with lime green hair and zeana is pink with blue hair with purple streaks and zean is pregnat and znator is a sulptor who only works with wood and zeana is good gardner and she is a writer she is going to make art soon but I am just spending my time making her happy because she pregnant and I want to pick her traits I am feeding her watermelon so I get a girl she is eating just watermelon I think she will be sick of it by now any way love this chalnge thanks for making it
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:33 PM
Its a girl Yay !!! Well I named her zecaora and if you can gess if her names form My little pony freindship is magic or Spongebob quarepants I will give you cookies or an icecream sunday
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th May 2013 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetumskitty
Its a girl Yay !!! Well I named her zecaora and if you can gess if her names form My little pony freindship is magic or Spongebob quarepants I will give you cookies or an icecream sunday

It's from Mlp, Zecora was a Zebra
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 1:57 AM
If anyone's still interested, IP rules update:

If your aliens are living on a houseboat, then as long as the boat is not docked and is a reasonable distance away from the mainland, then the aliens don't have to build a wall around their property in order to go outside during the day without getting caught. This doesn't apply if the aliens live on an island. (The reason being that people are less likely to be curious about a random houseboat floating around than an island suddenly becoming inhabited. Out of game, it's a trade-off for gardening, so it seems fair.)

No owning a resort; no multiple houses; I haven't checked out what you can get from scuba-diving, but if you try it consider the rules for other jobs when deciding.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 10:28 AM
Instead of pure-blood alien in order to be rescued, can we do a sort of perfect genetic spin on it to be rescued--meaning the alien would be a human hybrid but retained alien features including skin and hair? It would kind of be an opposite of the interbreeding thing, and they could be rescued because their alien heritage was so strong as to survive.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 12:35 AM
I hadn't thought of combining this with the Perfect Genetics challenge. Sure, since that'll give you some extra difficulty.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:33 PM
Nice challenge! I think i'm going to do it!
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:44 PM
I'm going to try this