Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 8:06 AM Last edited by plicka : 20th Dec 2005 at 11:52 AM.
Default a little hairmesh help, please before i pull out my real hair!
It's driving me crazy now so i'll finally ask for advice, everything was going fine up until i had to do a full reinstall of everything on my computer, now 4 out of 5 of the new meshes i've been making wont work, i dont know if i've forgotten something simple in my forced break from meshing or if i'm getting too experimental but this is happening with even the simplest of meshes, i'm assigning vertices to joints, i'm grouping my added parts together and welding neccessary parts, i'm putting everything in the right order, so i really dont know what i'm doing wrong at this point, please hellppppp and put it in dumdum words if possible!

pics of the problem uploaded- the hair moves around everywhere, but you can see that huh! :skull:
I'm using SimPE and the latest version of milkshape if that helps
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 3:27 PM
What method are you using to create your meshes? Based on the pictures it looks like you are exporting using XZY and then importing using XYZ or creating a GMDC with one of the tools.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 2:45 AM
XYZ for export and import and .5gd for export to milkshape, i'm using wes's plugin so i'd *think* all should be well, i just dont know what i'm doing wrong!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 7:17 AM
Plicka I am confused.... aren't you supposed to use one of the two methods? The obj export is for use with Meshtool. Wes' plugin doesn't use obj exports at all. It takes the stuff right from a gd and puts it back into one doesn't it? That would also give you a skeleton and all the bones right out.
Note I haven't done hair, but I've been immersed into body meshing and I know that we need to use one of the two methods.
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 11:33 AM
Actually you can also use the ascii import/export to do hair. It works fine and you can add/delete vertices using it.

But if you are using Wes' plugin, then you should only be extracting/replacing a gmdc, not using the import/export functionality at all.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowStorm
Actually you can also use the ascii import/export to do hair. It works fine and you can add/delete vertices using it.

But if you are using Wes' plugin, then you should only be extracting/replacing a gmdc, not using the import/export functionality at all.

hmmm i dont know what the ascii import/export is, i'll have to look it up
i didnt explain that part right, i did mean extracting and replacing not importing and exporting, i've actually been following a tutorial for all that stuff so i guess it's something i'm doing wrong in milkshape :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Plicka I am confused.... aren't you supposed to use one of the two methods? The obj export is for use with Meshtool. Wes' plugin doesn't use obj exports at all. It takes the stuff right from a gd and puts it back into one doesn't it? That would also give you a skeleton and all the bones right out.
Note I haven't done hair, but I've been immersed into body meshing and I know that we need to use one of the two methods.

yeah sorry, i'm terrible at explaining things, i'm not making it as a .obj, i'm getting a skeleton in milkshape so it's not that! boy with my terrible explainations i think i'm on my own with this one lol