52 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#10251 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The backrub thing would be really nice, yeah. At least the massage table from BV increases Comfort, though. I just don't often have room in my Sims' houses for them because I tend to build small. Sure, I could have them go to a community lot with a massage table, but it's usually easier to have them just take a bubble bath.

You reminded me... Chris Hatch has an awesome 2-to-a-tub mod that I like. You place it over top of an existing tub. A sim can get in, then ask another sim to join. They sit in the tub opposite each other, and wash themselves. You can have the youngsters bathe together, or you could have what figures to be a bit more intimate, adults sharing a bath tub.

...but one thing SERIOUSLY creeps me out -- that they NEVER speak to each other!

I wish they could have casual conversation, like if they were hanging out or sitting on the same park bench or whatnot. It'd be awkwardly uncomfortable to be bathing with someone with them trying their best to act like you're not there, don'cha think?

-gE
>=)
Advertisement
Instructor
#10252 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 12:26 AM
The problem with the notowniechildren mod was it only worked with base game. For some reason it was never updated past. Yes, if a Sim is a problem for whatever reason it's time to call in grimmy.
Field Researcher
#10253 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 1:01 AM
I would like to see in the Sims 2 Flower Trails for the Plantsims and normal Sims that they leave when they walk.

Prince Avalanche
Instructor
#10254 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 1:47 AM
You do like killing Sims, don't you? I'm starting to wonder about you... (Note: That was friendly teasing. I don't seriously wonder about you at all. )

LOL, I'm pretty much the Sim Thanos. Though I only kill them for certain things. My playables and the ones they marry (who of course become playable) have great lives and almost always platinum aspiration. Though in the past I made sims of IRL people I hated and made their lives hell before killing them in an unpleasant way.
Top Secret Researcher
#10255 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
You reminded me... Chris Hatch has an awesome 2-to-a-tub mod that I like. You place it over top of an existing tub. A sim can get in, then ask another sim to join. They sit in the tub opposite each other, and wash themselves. You can have the youngsters bathe together, or you could have what figures to be a bit more intimate, adults sharing a bath tub.

...but one thing SERIOUSLY creeps me out -- that they NEVER speak to each other!

I wish they could have casual conversation, like if they were hanging out or sitting on the same park bench or whatnot. It'd be awkwardly uncomfortable to be bathing with someone with them trying their best to act like you're not there, don'cha think?

-gE
>=)

You reminded me of something that I think I've said before, but I'll say it again:
I wish I had a bathtub that takes up the same amount of space as a regular bathtub, but with higher sides and seating similar to a hot tub. Or even one that's 2x2 tiles. And bathing together would be automatically available for sims of the same gender, or sims with high relationship (parent/young child, lovers) or all toddlers. Basically I want bath culture like they have in Japan, and if I can't have it in real life I want it in my game dammit!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#10256 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 4:07 PM
One to get rid of the constant barking in the background if you have pets. Are all the owners that terrible people sims that they just let their dogs out to bark all day and night?
Forum Resident
#10257 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
One to get rid of the constant barking in the background if you have pets. Are all the owners that terrible people sims that they just let their dogs out to bark all day and night?

How come nobody ever complains about God leaving the birds out to chirp all damn day? hahahha...

-gE
>=)
Instructor
#10258 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 5:55 PM Last edited by MattGo74 : 27th Jul 2019 at 9:36 PM.
Birds chirping is melodic. Dogs barking is like a kid banging a ladle on a pan.

Another one - one where you got all the options for modifying in CAS that you get in Body Shop. It's a pain to have to make a sim in Bodyshop first because Bodyshop takes sooooooooooo long to open.
Undead Molten Llama
#10259 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 9:42 PM
Another one - one where you got all the options for modifying in CAS that you get in Body Shop. It's a pain to have to make a sim in Bodyshop first
because Bodyshop takes sooooooooooo long to open.

http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...rs-added-to-cas

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#10260 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 9:54 PM
Thank you! This will make things so much easier. Only time I'll need bodyshop now will be when I have to be seeing a pic for a celebrity, etc sim.
Forum Resident
#10261 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 10:20 PM
Careful with the sliders! I used them to make a sim chef look fat, because everyone knows you should NEVER trust a skinny chef. Omigosh... what it did to his children's genes. The baby came out looking like a blockhead. A literal BLOCKHEAD! He had a head... like an elongated lego!

I made the mother's features very narrow, hoping that between the father's chubby cheeks and the mother's bony face, i'd find some mid-ground for the children. BOY was I wrong! I wound up with two of the UGLIEST sims on the planet earth!! hahaha

It's SO bad!! WHY!

-gE
>=)
Screenshots
Instructor
#10262 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 10:48 PM
I once long ago made 2 sims just using the CAS. When their daughter grew into a teen she had a face like a monkey!
Undead Molten Llama
#10263 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 11:40 PM
It's SO bad!! WHY!

Because the game doesn't really do a blend of the parents' faces so much as just pick different features from each parent. Like, take mom's eye shape, dad's nose shape, mom's chin, dad's jaw, etc. Then it pastes the features together and tries to make them work together. Which obviously doesn't always work. Especially not if you use sliders such that you have Sims who have features that are way outside of the standard face templates. The game can only follow its programming. It can make no aesthetic judgments of its own.

Sliders are great for creating unique-looking Sims, sure, but those unique-looking SIms don't always breed well, depending on who they breed with. That said, sometimes "ugly" born-in-games look better as they age and their faces elongate, as the game has more space to work in all their inherited features, and what doesn't improve that way can be improved with different hairstyles and accessories or whatnot.

....Or you can just learn to embrace and love the fug. Some of my favorite Sims have been some of the "ugliest" ones I've had. IMO, it's still light years better than TS3's pudding. Swear, all the toddlers look the same AND look demon-possessed in that game....

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Theorist
#10264 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure the very same-y faces and pudding of Sims 3 exactly came about because they wanted to avoid the nuclear mutant toddlers Sims 2 produces on occasion.
But I agree that I rather take the Sims 2 faces.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#10265 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 12:31 AM
....Or you can just learn to embrace and love the fug. Some of my favorite Sims have been some of the "ugliest" ones I've had. IMO, it's still light years better than TS3's pudding. Swear, all the toddlers look the same AND look demon-possessed in that game....

Oh, i LOVE my ugly sim brothers! Well... the baby's too young to "love" yet. He could turn into an annoying pain in the butt, for all I know. thing is, the older brother was an ADORABLE child. Teen? ...not so much. I'm hoping their next life stages improve. If not, well... at least they're 'distinct'. =)

-gE
>=)
Undead Molten Llama
#10266 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 12:55 AM
I would MUCH rather have "distinct" than TS3's "everyone always looks the same." Literally, if you take away hairstyles and make all of them have the same hair and skin color, they will all look more or less exactly alike, aside from body shape. (Which, yes, TS3 does much better, granted.) I mean, sure, I'm sure you can do stuff with a ton of custom sliders in TS3 if you care enough to mess around with it...but I don't. Not in either game. I like the gameplay and I like watching stuff get passed down through the generations, seeing how long I can keep a certain characteristic in the gene pool or actively trying to breed it out. TS3 may have more gameplay and better bodyshapes, but it doesn't have genetics at all, so...TS2 wins. In my book, at least.

In my experience..."ugly" TS2 toddlers tend to become at least inoffensive-looking adults whereas "pretty" toddlers tend to look worse as time goes on. There are individual exceptions either way, of course, but this seems to be the general trend.

Instructor
#10267 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 12:58 AM
I wish there was one where you could change the townie's faces not just like plastic surgery, but genetically. I hate the way the standard game makes faces, even with a mod. Huge eyes, eyes too far apart and too long chins. No mod you often get monstrous sims.
Undead Molten Llama
#10268 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 1:02 AM
I wish there was one where you could change the townie's faces not just like plastic surgery, but genetically. I hate the way the standard game makes faces, even with a mod. Huge eyes, eyes too far apart and too long chins. No mod you often get monstrous sims.

What you need is some default face templates and maybe some townified non-defaults to add extra variation. There are lots of sets around. You should have a look.

My least-favorite standard-faces thing is non-existent upper lips. Many of the EA face templates are like that. I mean, people in general do have thinner upper lips than lower lips, but not to the extreme that a lot of the EA templates have. In fact, that was one of the reasons why I got default templates. That, and I'm not fond of the really cartoony-exaggerated ones like the so-called "plate-eater."

Instructor
#10269 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 1:04 AM
What you need is some default face templates and maybe some townified non-defaults to add extra variation. There are lots of sets around. You should have a look.

My least-favorite standard-faces thing is non-existent upper lips. Many of the EA face templates are like that. I mean, people in general do have thinner upper lips than lower lips, but not to the extreme that a lot of the EA templates have. In fact, that was one of the reasons why I got default templates. That, and I'm not fond of the really cartoony-exaggerated ones like the so-called "plate-eater."

That's what I meant by with a mod. It's not near as bad as without, but still way too cartoony. I like them to look as realistic as possible.
Forum Resident
#10270 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 1:29 AM
I kinda like 'em cartoony... though, some of the defaults are ridiculous, without a doubt.

Don't even get me started on TS3! The reason I never bought the game was absolutely because every single sim looks like you took a felt tipped pen and drew a face on a big toe. Add a wig and a dress or a suit, and voila! TS3 sim. Big toe people... Who wants to play with feet?? gross.

-gE
>=)
Undead Molten Llama
#10271 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 2:35 AM
I kinda like 'em cartoony... though, some of the defaults are ridiculous, without a doubt.

I like....I don't know, really. I guess my pixels look more realistic than cartoony. Maybe? I don't know. I don't really think about it. I did get the face defaults to modify the more extreme Maxis face templates, and I have defaults for everything else, too, so I have skins with realistic eyelids and noses (or I use nosemasks) and *ahem* other anatomical details, but I don't endlessly play around with sliders to make anything look "unique" or "realistic." I don't have the patience; I just want to get to playing. So, I just plop in the defaults for skin, eyes, brows, facial hair, makeup, etc., plus a bit of custom stuff to give some more variety, make sure it's all townified, then hit the "random" button until I get a combo that doesn't make my eyes bleed, and then I add a bit of "facekit"-type makeup -- stuff that adds more details to eyes, a little more definition/shading/highlighting on the face, better-looking eyelashes, some skin and lip wrinkles, etc -- and that's it. I'm not into colorful makeup, not on my own face in real life (my husband wears more make-up than I do ) and not on Sims in my game, so I just do a bit of the "facekit" stuff and I'm done.

Quote:
Don't even get me started on TS3! The reason I never bought the game was absolutely because every single sim looks like you took a felt tipped pen and drew a face on a big toe. Add a wig and a dress or a suit, and voila! TS3 sim. Big toe people... Who wants to play with feet?? gross.

Hey, some people like feet! Well, not me. My fetishes do not run to feet, but some people...

But seriously, I know what you mean. I actually quite like TS3, though. It has some fun gameplay that you don't/can't get in TS2, and it has pretty scenery especially once you get rid of the damned bloom. I enjoy playing it but, yeah, I don't play it for pretty Sims or for the genetics, since genetics don't exist in that game. To me, TS3 is very much a game where TS2 feels more like a toy. There's a difference between those two. Games are things you play that have distinct rules that you follow, etc. Toys are tools you can use to fire your imagination. People become bored with games pretty quickly, but toys can fascinate for years.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10272 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 3:01 AM
And best yet is making your toys look how you want them to look. Most of my sims get a few freckles or a tiny bit of blush, some light eyelashes and a bit of pinkish tinted lipgloss and that is about it. I think I may have put a nose mark on Mary Gavisgonewhateverhernameis because she really needed some help, like really. But I normally never use things like nose masks because it simply doesn't go with my skins or the rest of the look, and instead looks like a clown came along and tried playing makeup artist.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10273 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 4:57 AM

To fix existing sims, do plastic surgery on them and then use the DNA fixer in my signature.

TS3 sims aren't so bad - IF you mess with sliders, skintones, etc. I've seen screenshots where TS3 sims look almost real. Every sims game seems to be that way. Many people dislike the default sims and some of the first CC to be released is always new skin, hair, and eyes.
Instructor
#10274 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 6:29 AM
I hate cartoony. I heard sims 3 is even more cartoony than 2.
Mad Poster
#10275 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 12:01 PM
In the screenshots that I've seen of Sims 3, the EA sims are usually rather bland looking. They're definitely not what I'd consider "cartoony" looking.

I prefer exaggerated "cartoony" faces. To me they give the sims character and personality. Realistic-looking sims are creepy to me.
Page 411 of 576