Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 3:20 AM
Pft, prove yourself wrong (it wont be hard, I promise!)

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:10 AM
This is way off topic but does anyone know anywhere I could get, or anyone who could make, or help me make, a silver cross necklace for a female sim?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#28 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:17 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 9th Aug 2010 at 1:04 AM.
Default The Woodcutter's Daughter
Once upon time, a man, poor by birth, decided to make his living chopping timber and selling it to merchants. His wife had died during childbirth and he needed to provide for his young daughter. The first year went well. His profits were increasing and the demand for more lumber was also on the rise as the city expanded.

Unfortunately for the woodcutter, the Queen was a spiteful woman. She had seen the woodcutter's daughter about town, a carefree, good spirit that everyone loved. The Queen had charges brought against the woodcutter for disbursing her timber without proper authorization. Punishment: banishment to a small plot of land in the middle of the forest he stole from, never to be allowed to venture out again. The same went for any offspring, meaning his daughter. The Queen had felled two spruces with one chop.

Years later, the daughter is still living out the punishment inflicted upon her family. The carefree girl has grown into a loner; forced to grow her own food and survive on the company of the wildlife and, occasionally the mail boy. Her cottage has been overrun with flowers. Her favorite spot is the small island in the middle of the pond; perfect for a nap or just quiet contemplation if a prince will ever come to rescue her from her gilded cage.

Front View:

Side Garden:

Back Garden:

Island:

Kitchen:

Living Room:

Bedroom:

Overhead Ground Floor:

Overhead Upstairs:

Overhead Eagle's Eye View:

NO CC. Created with base game and store items only. Lot is fully playable.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:36 AM
Lovely entries so far!

Heaven_sent, beautiful house! Amazing landscaping. It's supposed to be from centuries ago, right? That's why there's no electronics anywhere in the home? Very cool. The punishment certainly won't seem so bad nowadays if the house has high-speed internet access and cable TV! Why with WiFi the daughter can even surf right there from her favorite spot (with iPad?) :D

Oh, I just noticed just one bedroom with a double bed. So the farmer sleeps with the daughter? Ewwww!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#30 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BGatot
Lovely entries so far!

Heaven_sent, beautiful house! Amazing landscaping. It's supposed to be from centuries ago, right? That's why there's no electronics anywhere in the home? Very cool. The punishment certainly won't seem so bad nowadays if the house has high-speed internet access and cable TV! Why with WiFi the daughter can even surf right there from her favorite spot (with iPad?) :D

Oh, I just noticed just one bedroom with a double bed. So the farmer sleeps with the daughter? Ewwww!

Thank you. It's more of a modern fairy tale. She still has electronics but can't go anywhere to meet anyone so she is left to virtual reality. No TV, just a computer though. Maybe I should get rid of that and replace it with something...not sure what though. And no, the farmer has since moved on...to the spirit realm. His poor heart broke as his daughter grew older alone with no chance at true love, even though she is a hopeless romantic.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#31 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPsy
This is way off topic but does anyone know anywhere I could get, or anyone who could make, or help me make, a silver cross necklace for a female sim?

This is about the closest I've found for a cross. It might be recolorable, so you can make it fully silver, but I don't know. http://annihilationcc.blogspot.com/...ition.html#more

I'd also check the Sims 3 content list.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:22 AM
Heaven_sent, if you want to go with 'bygone age' theme and not have electronics in the house, now with Ambitions there are music boxes that seem to generate more fun than anything else. Would be perfect in your house as music boxes have existed in older times. I've done away with TVs for my poorer sims as music boxes are so much better for a fraction of the price! Probably will be adjusted in the next patch though...

Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
His poor heart broke as his daughter grew older alone with no chance at true love, even though she is a hopeless romantic.

Oh come on, if she has internet she'll have plenty of chance for love. Haven't she heard of online dating service?
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
This is about the closest I've found for a cross. It might be recolorable, so you can make it fully silver, but I don't know. http://annihilationcc.blogspot.com/...ition.html#more

I'd also check the Sims 3 content list.

Thanks so much! Checked out the list but the only cross necklaces that are there are on a dead site it looks like. This one will totally work though. Thanks so much again!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#34 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:17 AM
I wish I had Ambitions. I only have the base game and some store stuff right now. Which reminds me - edit post before I forget to add the NO CC part!

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#35 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:04 AM
Default Emily - A beautiful home by armiel
This is my lot for the R4

The Tominsons have always loved their house. Now they are taking part in a Beautiful house-contest.

Lady Tominson has spend a lot of time in their garden, to make sure it looks stunning to the judges. The little gazebo has been washed sparkling clean, and the paths have been raked clean of all the leaves and fallen flowers. The pond has also been checked for dead plants, and all is now as it should be. The car has been washed as well, so have the bikes. All lamppost have been changed to have new shiny lightbulbs.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1281079737
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1281079773

Interior of the house has been cleaned as well. The diningroom has got some new curtains, and a rug.

The kitchen walls have been washed so well they shine. All the counters are new, and the fridge has been emptied of old food.

In the livingroom the fireplace has been emptied of old ashes. Extra books have been taken off the bookshelves. Couches have new fabrics.

The bathroom and hall have also been squeaked clean. All in all the first floor is at very tidy condition.

At the secondfloor have been done some changes. The little girls bedroom, the nursery, has got some new wallpaper, and a computer desk that didn't fit anywhere else in the house. The father Tominson is happy though, now he can sit at chat while looking after their daughter.

Masterbedroom has been separated from the originally huge room to provide some peace. Also the noise from the tv doesn't bother the people trying to sleep as much as it used to. All the curtains ad wallpapers are new. An old lounge chair has been renewed, and lady Tominson loves to sit in it reading novels.

They also had a helicopter fly over the house, to take an airview shot of the house. They plan on putting it to a frame and placing it to the livingroom to replace the picture of an ancestor.

The Tominsons expect that the judges will like their house, and have hopes for a pretty ribbon. If they do not win the Beautiful house-contest, at least they'll have a clean house to enjoy for some days.

That's my little story for this round, I hope you liked it

Here is the foundation shot to prove that the foundation was not changed/modified. In case you wonder, the gazebo has been done by raising the terrain, it does not stand on a foundation/elevated wall.

I used items from Basegame, WA and Ambitions. No CC or Storecontent were used.

Thanks for HP for hosting this amazingly fun contest, /me huggles HP. Thanks for everyone who commented on the house. Special thanks for lewjen for some ideas that made the house so pretty :D
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 11:50 AM
Beautiful houses so far! We are going to see a lot of gorgeous gardens this round

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:46 PM
Thanks so much! Checked out the list but the only cross necklaces that are there are on a dead site it looks like. This one will totally work though. Thanks so much again!

You're welcome! Glad to have been able to help.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#38 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:19 PM
lol. this weekend (starting tonight after Eureka) I am either going to FIGHT with the EA launcher trying to install the foundation 4 lot OR< I will be smart and just make an exact copy of the lot from the picture. To save time, I'll probably copy the picture. (darned buggy launcher!)
Field Researcher
#39 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:35 PM
ahhh crap, I need to think HARD about this one.... :S

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Mad Poster
#40 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:09 PM
Finally made a start on my entry now. I've decided to attempt some sort of miniature manor house. I can already tell that taking pictures of the rooms is gonna be a complete git! They are so small. :S

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:45 PM
Hmph. Don't like to build small houses. Can't get any inspiration for this foundation...
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:57 PM
I love small houses. I have a sim who lives on a 10x10 lot and her house only takes up one corner of it. It's adorable. I just wish we could get ladders. I'm tired of these huge stairs.
Speaking of which. I've seen people using the small stairs as circular staircases. How do you do that?
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:06 AM
Like this MissPsy?

Small houses are the best I never really build on anything bigger than 20x20

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#44 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:11 AM
I love small houses. I have a sim who lives on a 10x10 lot and her house only takes up one corner of it. It's adorable. I just wish we could get ladders. I'm tired of these huge stairs.
Speaking of which. I've seen people using the small stairs as circular staircases. How do you do that?

I'd love to see a picture of that house! I want ladders too! Also, it's CFE I am guessing. That's how I did it for the tree house anyway.

Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:17 AM
I'm planning on uploading my tiny house, I just can't decide if I want to tweak the items so it's a cheap starter house or not.

Thank you Kaospilot! You're a hero!
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Kaospilot : 12th Aug 2010 at 11:49 AM.

My "quick build before going on vacation" entry!

2BR, 1 1/2BA, Living room, Kitchen, Washing room, Porch, Huge Garden, Ponds - No CC used

This little country cottage is now for sale and is for those who want to convert to a more healthy and slow paced lifestyle. It has of course electricity and all the modern conveniences.

Teapot Cottage used to be owned by an unknown farmer in the older days. He was said to reside here after tragically losing his family for mourning and peace. In memory of them he planted a magnolia tree behind the shed for his wife to watch over the garden and placed gnomes which his son loved, to do some mischief. The house is now restored and up to standards so some easy maintenance will do.

In the big garden there is already a patch of grown vegetables and there is plenty more space available if needed to expand. The shed has a wine making machine and there are also barrels that can be used for storing it.

Thanks to HP for hosting this competition and the judges. Also thanks to all the participants in this contest and the general people in the contest chat thread for all feedback and for the conversations!

I'm off on vacation until the 21st August so will be semi AFK until then. Looking forward to see all the other entries

Cheers!

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:39 PM
Kaospilot: Your house is ADORABLE!!!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#48 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:21 PM
kaos!.... You better just give in now and upload this house. :0)
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:03 PM
heaven_sent_8_18 - What an adorable house! That roof looks so pretty and the whole fairytale theme. It also looks cute with that sim sleeping on the bench

armiel - Gorgeous house and gorgeous garden. Such a clean and polished house. Will you be uploading it?

MissPsy - Glad to help

yorkielove1 - Thank you! Mission accomplished then

Thanks Alan_Gast I'm very flattered! However there are sooo many good houses in this competitions, including yours (especially the cinema house). I don't envy the judges to put it that way.

porkypine: I can upload that one too but I have to make it downloadable ready ish. Mainly delete a few plants. My boyfriend pointed out that maybe all the flowers would be strain on a lot of people's computer so gotta find a way to make it less of a strain! I'll upload it when I'm back from holiday (21st August) Sending in the other house for upload in an hour or so if you want that too.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#50 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
between you, missroxor and fyendiar I don't know what I'll do. :P

Agree. I want houses from all 3 of them!

Page 2 of 9