Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#11551 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 12:12 AM
I did not know that sims repairing electrical objects could catch on fire. I had my legacy heir (Ami) upgrade a TV, I just thought "oh, worst that's going to happen is she might get shocked. And...god damn it.

I think the sim gods have something against my family, killing off the entire family tree in the course of a week. The first generation heir caused a fire at least 70% of the time she cooked anything until she was a high level, unlike anything I'd ever seen. She died, apparently she should have had more kids because with that fire, the only possible heir to the generation burned up. Then her lover died of old age that very same morning. I just built a family graveyard and it's filling up at an alarming rate, none of which were intentional(this time at least.)

Now the only character I left to even play in the household is Ami's one off love interest. Leave it to me to fail a legacy challenge and have to start over. Poor guy, he lost his lady and now I'm forcing him to procreate to get some kids before he dies off too. Hey, maybe he planned everyone's deaths, this legacy story is practically writing itself. I'm having at least 12 kids this generation in case everyone dies again.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#11552 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 3:52 PM
I broke down and bought Supernatural even though I hate all Supernaturals (except maybe Witches and Fairies). I saw the sale at Steam and it was so cheap. So now I own all the EPS except Showtime and Into the Future. I figure this will help expand my game play even more, despite the fact I am always learning new thing from my older EPS. I don't like to read too many spoilers or watch "all about this or that pack" but prefer to find out as I play. Anyhow, I found out you can drag your photos from the Sim's inventory/camera and project them into the digital picture frames and do a slide show. Yes, I am either a doofus (I always wondered why they had the damn things anyhow) or just had some non-brain fart moment to try something out of the blue. Frames came with another EP but I was messing around after installing Supernatural and discovered this little gem.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#11553 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 6:53 PM
I had my sim invite over Gunnar Sanguine (yes, I am playing in Vargfjell) with a Woohoo-ty Text, and he arrived.
Then a popup appeared and said Gunnar would like to do it without protection, would my sim be okay with that, and I could either agree to the risk or say no.
I don't know if this is a thing from UL's woohoo-ty text options or maybe the Woohooer mod, but I thought that was pretty surprisingly cool to pop up.
Mad Poster
#11554 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:06 PM
Under EA Standard, there are only regular safe Woohoo and Try for Baby. Any instances or mentions of Risky vs. Safe woohoo, protection, and the dangers of getting cooties when none are used (that's more associated with a hired Kama Simtra driven professional scenario) are coming from NRaas Woohooer, not from EA.
Scholar
#11555 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:59 PM
@hcac If you like farming/gardening you're gonna love this pack!

I'm debating picking up the Movie Stuff Pack, but I'm not sure about if it's worth it for a few funny mustaches.
Theorist
#11556 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
@hcac If you like farming/gardening you're gonna love this pack!

I'm debating picking up the Movie Stuff Pack, but I'm not sure about if it's worth it for a few funny mustaches.

I've never really done much farming or gardening in Sims 3. I seem to do the same things over and over--like make a self sim who is an author with some of my traits. Anyhow, I will try some of the gardening. As for Stuff Packs, I've never bought any of them, so I can't comment.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#11557 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Under EA Standard, there are only regular safe Woohoo and Try for Baby. Any instances or mentions of Risky vs. Safe woohoo, protection, and the dangers of getting cooties when none are used (that's more associated with a hired Kama Simtra driven professional scenario) are coming from NRaas Woohooer, not from EA.

Awww, how disappointing... )=
Well, my game also closed itself when the twins were aging up right after each other, so... Yay. Get to start over again.
Field Researcher
#11558 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 10:51 AM
Sims have clothing preferences. I was dressing my vampire who just aged up and he did the "wow this is great animation" everytime I picked a clothing that made him look like a stripper. He likes everything that has a huge open collar or shows off his abs, or the black leather sleeveless ones with skits all over. O.o someone is very proud of their body.
Scholar
#11559 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 8:14 PM
They'll also have days where they just want to wear comfy clothes. That's why you often see sims that have very formal everyday clothes around town in their athletic wear.
Scholar
#11560 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 3:17 AM
I found the worst combination for anyone in the criminal profession ever, "clumsy, easily impressed, kleptomaniac." He's still a teen, so things can get better! The fourth trait is charismatic, so maybe he can talk his way out of jail?
Scholar
#11561 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 11:55 AM
I realized that, despite Rajan from IP having made a beautiful baby in this 100 Baby Challenge Story, when he had a baby with my created sim, the resulting daughter... got pretty much his face plastered on. Such a long, adult face on a toddler is freaking terrifying... I love IP, especially as a world to try out making a great resort (since you get the hideaway for free) despite its play-issues, but some of the guys just make odd-looking babies...
Space Pony
#11562 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 3:04 AM
To make a clean backup of all my mods before I do a clean install of my computer. I have an NAS and crashplan and both have been backing up all mods, since I got them, which was ages ago. Flash forward to today, and I have outdated mods, mods that I didn't like and eventually got rid of, and somehow duplicates on top of duplicates.
Instructor
#11563 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 8:50 PM
I just recently found out the Library in the Uni world can actually be entered and it's not just another RH I've had UL since it came out. Sometimes I'm really not that bright.
Mad Poster
#11564 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 9:07 PM
It's a shell building. I've played through Uni a couple of times and never been in there. I think I knew at the time, but I could've just as easily not known.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#11565 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 1:07 AM
This isn't really a discovery, but I just realized how funny it is that we have a Jazz Age store set and a jazz age-era world, but there is actually no jazz genre in the game.
Space Pony
#11566 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 2:25 AM
That ghosts will visit bars
Scholar
#11567 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 10:14 AM
Bonehilda will drink all the nectar you pour and leave puddles all over the floor. Then she will inevitably throw an error and not clean the puddles up.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Field Researcher
#11568 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
That ghosts will visit bars

They also can float/walk through the VIP ropes (and the bouncers themselves) in Late Night style bars. Ghostly party crasher is on the long list of sims I'm going to try one day.
Mad Poster
#11569 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Bonehilda will drink all the nectar you pour and leave puddles all over the floor.

Some sims just can't hold their liquor, as the expression goes.
Scholar
#11570 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Bonehilda will drink all the nectar you pour and leave puddles all over the floor. Then she will inevitably throw an error and not clean the puddles up.

I hate this so much. It's like because she cleaned all the mess she has to start new ones just so she has something to do lol. It's actually kind of sad when you think about it.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Test Subject
#11571 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 2:28 PM
I used the transmogrifier to turn Bonehilda's house into a port-a-potty She wasn't real thrilled. Also, I've been playing sims 3 since around 2013, and just discovered we can adjust roof pitch for individual roof sections.
Instructor
#11572 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:18 PM
Don't know if this counts but I discovered my old Sims 1 disks in an box full of crap and after a lot of fiddling managed to get it installed and running... Oh my god, that game is hard on a whole other level. I resorted to copious amounts of cheating and still barely kept them alive. I don't know how I managed to play back in the day (well actually I do remember now my sims were dying left, right and center lol). After this stint I feel a 10-person household with like 6 toddlers in TS3 should feel like a vacation
Mad Poster
#11573 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:31 PM
TS1 is from an era when games were still expected to be genuinely challenging. Nowadays that challenge is considered a "hardcore" thing because if you can't make good progress on a couple of hours of playing, where's the fun in it? That's the dogma, anyway. I do like a game doesn't let you fuck around.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11574 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:05 AM
The ambient bird calls in Champ le Sims are different than they are in the home world. It really adds to the feeling of being in a completely different place.
Mad Poster
#11575 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 7:35 PM
I got the Sunlit Tides world and with it comes the orange tree.

As a result, my nectar-making Sim has hit upon a recipe that's considered "amazing" and I call it Cherry Citrus Nectar. 2 cherries, 4 oranges, and 4 limes.

Other good combinations are Citrus Nectar (5 orange 5 lime) and Flaming Citrus (2 flame fruit, 4 oranges, and 4 limes). They're not in the Amazing category but still good.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Page 463 of 490