Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 4:57 PM
Default IKEA FAKTUM kitchen add-ons blue flashing
Hello,

I am doing a large clean-out of my downloads folder and I have noticed that hkaw's IKEA FAKTUM add-ons have a blue flashing problem, particularly noticeable on the counter islands but also in the catalog pictures.

I am extremely new to making/editing TS2 objects, but the areas that are flashing look like they could be missing shadows. When looking in SimPE, most of the other add-on meshes have an alpha shadow in the TXTR resource. The island counters do not. I have looked up how to fix this issue (the files are repositoried to CuriousB's remap of MysticRain's original meshes) but I have been unable to find out how to get the textures linked or how to add textures to a package in this specific circumstance.

Both counter islands and the main mesh are included below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ikea faktum counter island repository.rar (312.5 KB, 1 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 6:08 PM
CuriousB's shadows seem to be using "counterquaint_groundshadow_alpha" and "##0x1C050000!mysticrain-akurum-counter[MysticRain-15.3.2012-102735]_counterquaint_groundshadow_alpha"

While hkaw's shadows (and the "alpha" subset, likely the one for shadows elsewhere?) seem to be repo'd to a mix of "counterquaint_groundshadow_alpha" and "##0x1C050000![buggyb-13.12.2007-b2e0]_groundshadow_alpha"

I'd think the problem is there somewhere.

It's possible putting in Buggybooz' master counter would help with the problem (Shakerlicious or whatever the other one is called). You could try replacing all the "Buggyb" SHPEs with the "##0x1C050000!mysticrain-akurum-counter[MysticRain-15.3.2012-102735]_counterquaint_groundshadow_alpha" string, but I can't guarantee the shadows will look good (not sure they're using the same texture/UVs).

You can first export the mesh and test out the texture from the "Mysticrain" shadow map on the shadow items. Then you should get a good idea of whether it works or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 5:18 PM
Thank you! Adding the BB counter fixed the problem. I think I'll leave the meshes alone and just remember that these counters are texture-linked to those. Thank you so much for answering my question.