Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1581
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 900 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2018, 10:21 PM DefaultShould Smoking In Public Be Banned? #1
Emerald1234
Original Poster

Scholar

i say yes because when someone is walking in the street smoking it can go into peoples faces,they inhale the second hand smoke and could have health problems in the future due to that of course i'm not saying they can only smoke at home but there should be designated smoking areas everywhere.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Old 19th May 2018, 2:46 PM #2
TheSweetToddler
Field Researcher

11 Achievements

I think in some places of the world they have already banned smoking in public, and I agree that they should, because it's not fair towards the people who hate the smell of smoke, and especialy when there's children around.

- Anything is Possible -
Old 19th May 2018, 3:53 PM #3
simmer22
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

It's not directly banned outside where I live, but it's not allowed to smoke inside public buildings and there are only designated areas outside now. I'm all for restricting smoking even more. If people want to ruin their health, it's up to them. But that doesn't mean they've got the right to ruin other people's health with their bad habits.

Personally, I can't stand the smoke. It makes me a bit nauseous, and I tend to get a cough and a headache if I'm standing close to someone who is smoking. It also smells really bad, and I struggle when sitting beside a person who's just been out smoking (their clothes and breath tend to smell like month-old garbage).

I'm also not a fan of snuff (it's a replacement for a lot of smokers around here, and it's a more or less popular bad habit among young people who'd probably otherwise been smoking). Sure, it's better for non-smokers (they're only damaging their own health, unless they're pregnant), but it's still gross. One of my roommates while I was studying had an awful tendency to leave the snuff bags in the bathroom (in the shower, on the sink, in the toilet, etc.) instead of the garbage bin, to the rest of his roommates' frustration. Someone I know also used snuff while pregnant, potentially risking causing harm to the baby.
Old 22nd May 2018, 4:22 PM #4
rb47798
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
i say yes because when someone is walking in the street smoking it can go into peoples faces,they inhale the second hand smoke and could have health problems in the future due to that of course i'm not saying they can only smoke at home but there should be designated smoking areas everywhere.

I agree i shouldn't have to passively smoke the filthy smoke coming from the cigarette, it harms you and others around you especially if you have lung problems e.g Asthma. Also smoking areas in resteraunts are usually outdoor seating which is really ashame I can't simply eat or drink outside of a café on a nice day, because of coughing and spluttering people slowly killing themselves and others slowly by smoking, It costs health services too much like the NHS (except US healthcare) smoking should be banned from shops AND shouldnt be allowed and be illegal. I don't care that you like smoking, It is YOUR fault for getting addicted. You are harming those around you.
Whats more important everyone's saftery or your enjoyment?

Hi my name is Carla Shaw you can stop at 5 or 6 stores or just one. I don't need friends, they disappoint me.
Old 11th Jul 2018, 5:06 PM #5
Shamalamamoomoo5
Test Subject

Yeah I agree. It seems that smoking is rude especially when you do it in front of a person, so yes

Section jump: