Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1552
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 2474 times.
Search this Thread
Old 26th Nov 2017, 9:29 PM Defaultwhich languages do you speak? #1
sailorleontine6
Original Poster

Field Researcher

the topic said it all: which languages do you guys speak?

it's kinda out of the topic from the game and all but i thought it won't hurt to start a topic that don't have anything to do about the sims game.

which language(s) do i speak?
to answer you guys this question, i speak: english (duh or i wouldn't start a topic about this), dutch and a few words in japanese

you can also write which languages you want to learn me for examble: japanese (it's kinda difficult to learn since my language isn't simulated to this language)
& spain for now
Last edited by sailorleontine6 : 26th Nov 2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 28th Nov 2017, 12:58 AM #2
Shoosh Malooka
Theorist

8 Achievements

I'm fluent in Confused. For example I was surprised that the i-Full tower wasn't a revolving restaurant. But instead it was just one of these:
Old 28th Nov 2017, 1:19 PM #3
ribbonista
Instructor

My native languages are English and Swedish, but I'm in the process of learning Spanish, and I guess I'm intermediate in it? I can communicate, but I'm very very shy when talking to native speakers hahaha

Languages that would be cool to learn would be Russian and Korean, but I doubt I'll ever get around to those as I want to focus on getting as good as possible at Spanish :~)
Old 28th Nov 2017, 3:46 PM #4
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoosh Malooka
I'm fluent in Confused. For example I was surprised that the i-Full tower wasn't a revolving restaurant. But instead it was just one of these:

You have to take historie into account. Those power lines wasn't even in the picture when the Tour Eiffel was built

I guess surrounding restaurants are just way off the scale

OT: Isn't there a thread somewhere about this already?
Old 28th Nov 2017, 5:53 PM #5
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this already. It's where I've learned that English is a Germanic language too
But eh, I'm just gonna say that I speak English, Dutch, German and Sarcasm.

If there'll be too many humans wherever I have to go, I'd rather stay home
Old 29th Nov 2017, 8:02 AM #6
DereDere
Test Subject

English and a little Chinese, Japanese and sign language.
Old 29th Nov 2017, 7:06 PM #7
sailorleontine6
Original Poster

Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoosh Malooka

what does this have anything to do with languages??

i mean it's just the i-full tower come on !
Old 6th Dec 2017, 4:24 PM #8
TheSweetToddler
Field Researcher

11 Achievements

I'm English and Portuguese (though I don't really speak Portuguese). And I speak fluent Spanish, a little French and some sign language. I love sign language, and I'm not sure why but i'm in the process of learning it.

- Anything is Possible -
Old 7th Dec 2017, 7:47 AM #9
kamoodle5
Forum Resident

6 Achievements

My primary language is English, and I'm a novice at Spanish from learning it back in middle and high school. Although I am half Scandinavian, I know very little Danish from my mom.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Old 7th Dec 2017, 9:59 AM #10
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorleontine6
what does this have anything to do with languages??

i mean it's just the i-full tower come on !

I'm pretty sure there is a rule somewhere against opening new discussions when there one not far away on the same subject
Old 5th Mar 2018, 3:51 PM #11
uninvited3975
Test Subject

4 Achievements

English and Spanish. I took German in high school, but that was a bust.
Old 5th Mar 2018, 5:14 PM #12
blyneliaivel
Field Researcher

Lithuanian (native),English,German,Spanish and a grain of Hindu (a couple phrases,gotta practice more).
Old 5th Mar 2018, 5:21 PM #13
Eggyslav
Lab Assistant

I speak Polish (my native language), English (as you see), French (although my French is quite rusty), a little bit of Italian (I don't speak Italian, but I like to sing Italian Opera songs), I know some single words and phrases in German, And, I also learned Latin and ancient Greek.
Old 5th Mar 2018, 6:20 PM #14
Emerald1234
Scholar

english only,too lazy to even attempt another language.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Old 5th Mar 2018, 8:38 PM #15
Noa1500
Scholar

Only my English is fluent. French, but I can't write for shit, my Dutch is ok, and then basic German and Arabic. I'm supposed to be learning Finnish while I'm on exchange, but its not going very well. Reading Swedish seems to be working better
I swear once I'm done with uni Imma do the intensive courses in French so that I can finally prove to myslef and the parentals that I learn a language properly.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:57 AM #16
RicoSuavecito
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

English, ASL (Former Interpreter), Spanish, little Japanese, little Persian, little Tagalog, I tried Danish and Arabic and failed miserably.

- Sent from my iHell
Old 10th Jul 2018, 3:53 PM #17
simmer22
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

My own language, English (I'm better at writing than speaking, though), and made-up-on-the-spot sign language (because we've got some hard-of-hearing elderly where I work, and sometimes one in particular can't hear a thing without, or even with, hearing aids, so there's a lot of pointing, gesturing, slow talking, but most of all misunderstanding).

Section jump: