Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 11:18 AM
Default Stencils
Hello guys.
I wanted to ask for some help. I am kind of a newbie when it comes to creating clothing and other CC so I have started the learning process with the basics.
With MTS tutorials, I've learnt how to create and add custom stencils to the content that is already in the CTU but I was wondering if I could add stencils to CC that I've downloaded from here or other CC sites.
Would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 12:05 PM
I guess, as long as it is okay with the person's TOU, even though it is for private use, you can. With CTU you just need to open the package file and that's basically how it goes. It's just the same progress. You just need to make sure you're using a package file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 2:11 PM
Hi. Thanks for the answer. Yeah, of course I will make sure it's okay with the original creator. The thing is that from the tutorials, I know that I have to export the base texture but I have that option only with the pre-loaded pieces that are in the CTU. There is one other design that doesn't want to load at all with the CTU (it says that the key is not in the correct format). I tried loading it with the TS3 and it loads there but with the TS3, I have no idea how to export the base texture and when I import a stencil I have already made for a previous design, it is not in the correct place on the design itself.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 3:25 PM
I have experienced that with my own CC when it comes to using TSRW. It doesn't always happen, yet it is kind of rare. Unless the person used a 2048x2048 or higher texture (which happens a lot these days). Could you maybe link me the downloads? I'll go take a look, since there are several reasons why it might not work, and most of them are pretty hard to find and fix if you don't know what's causing it.

Else, you could try TSRW, although I'd have used CTU for this as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 11:38 AM
Hi.
And thanks again for the help.
I'm still waiting on an answer from the original creator if I could use and remodel their design as the site is in German and I cannot find the TOU.
But this is the piece I wanted to remodel - http://nowa2000.de/sims-3-objekte/s...narchy-kutte-2/
Originally, I would like to do it on my own (the whole model) but I am still learning how to create clothes so I though that for now I can practice the stencils and maybe play with this one until I actually create something.