Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 11:54 PM
Default Can't play my new world..
So I made a new world and everything, even loaded it into the game. I played it and after adding all my work and community lots i saved and quit. Now when I go to load it it says I cant, something like it may have expansion pack data that is no longer present.. I have World Adventures installed and my game is fully patched. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 8:33 PM
Default Me too!
I can't play mine because I can't get a thumbnail!
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:06 PM
Me Too!
But, I Updated It Only with the base game (1.0 version) to 1.8 version!
I Made A World.
Then, i UNISTALLED IT BUT i fORGOT i HAD The Game Running!
Now, REINSTALLING IT, i KEEP GETTING a ACCESS IS DENIED" MESSAGE!
Now I Can never play it again!
Plz Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 11:39 PM
Burglar, you should be able to re-export it from CAW. KV Holland, I addressed your question in your other thread.

Tigerguy, were you trying to add lots to your world in Edit Town from the Sims, rather than in CAW's "edit in game" feature? And then reopen it in CAW? Wonder if that's your problem? You can't open a world in CAW that's already been played.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:08 PM Last edited by MondayMorning : 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:50 PM.
I added my world to my game, complete with the necessary requirements. I loaded it, went to one of two lots (it's tiny because the world is going to be use for storytelling purposes only), and then boom. My game crashes.

Now, I wonder if once it loads I should immediately go to "Save As..."? I do have WA, and I'm pretty sure I've got trees (okay, I have a TON of trees) from WA, so I doubt I'll have any problem getting to load back up.

Has anyone else experienced this? My map is a Tiny flat map-minimal roads, terrain sculpting, and just a bunch of trees surrounding the two lots.

UPDATE:

Okay, I just tried it. I loaded the game and immediately hit "Save As..." and exited back to the main menu, reloaded the neighborhood, and was able to play without any crashes.