Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bespoke Build Set

by Honeywell Posted 15th Jul 2018 at 4:10 AM - Updated 6th Jun 2022 at 11:11 AM by Honeywell : Added HW_bespokeRoofTrimAddOns

162 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Theorist
Original Poster
#76 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
Hi! I adore this entire set, but will you be able to release a version of the roofs that's compatible with Niol's Roof Shader Mod? The colors are very bright when I have that mod in

No, but you're welcome to.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 9:01 PM
Hey, I don't know if it's a voluntary thing or not, but there are only right-hand side deco shutters. I end up not using them because of this :/
Theorist
Original Poster
#78 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aquagloups
Hey, I don't know if it's a voluntary thing or not, but there are only right-hand side deco shutters. I end up not using them because of this :/

I opted for less catalog clutter assuming most of the time I'd be using windows with the shutters attached already. Cheats (boolprop snapobjectstogrid false, moveobjects on etc.) are needed to place them but I know not everyone likes that. Sorry you were disappointed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 6:02 PM
I love this so much! I've already used it so much! The only problem I'm having is with the posts, railings and anything that hangs from the roof. I'm probably just being dumb but they're not showing up even after using your placement tips.
Test Subject
#80 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InvernoRosa
I love this so much! I've already used it so much! The only problem I'm having is with the posts, railings and anything that hangs from the roof. I'm probably just being dumb but they're not showing up even after using your placement tips.

Omg I was just being dumb! I figured it out like 2 seconds after posting this 🤦‍♀️
Thanks again for the amazing set! ❤️
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:55 PM
Lovely!! Just what I needed
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 10:01 AM
I'm a little bit confused by some of the items in the Architecture category.

I've just played around with this build set on one house that had a porch on a foundation, without any kind of roof or cover over the porch. I tried to use this set to give the porch a cute roof with the gingerbread accessories. Then I noticed the columns and railings are Architecture accessories rather than real railings and stuff, which makes sense with all the recolors. But that means they all disappear when you play the Sim family in live mode, or even have anything but the roof view selected. Is that normal?

I had just placed roof pieces straight over the porch, there were no floor tiles or anything. And the columns, railings, gingerbread deco I placed technically on what would be the tiles of the floor above the porch, since they appear as below-ground items. It looked lovely of course, it's a picture perfect build set, but everything just disappeared in live mode and left just the foundation - nothing else of the pretty porch.

I don't know if there's any other way I should have gone about building or placing anything (can you tell I'm not a builder? I just move my Sims into others' lovely CC homes usually), or is there some game setting that prevents this from happening? Maybe one of those "Object hiding" checkboxes? Or perhaps this was created specifically with the disappearing in mind, like for a small decorative porch? The lot I played had a fairly large front porch/deck with room for furniture and maybe hobby items, so having it become bare was more noticeable than a smaller 1-2 tile wide porch would have been.
Theorist
Original Poster
#83 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:26 PM
Hi @TofuSnorlax Yes, the porches should collapse in cut-away view. There's no game setting that can toggle that on and off. Deleting everything in the folder with the "HW_rd" prefix would be the quickest way to get rid of them - the next time you play they'll be gone. They won't leave behind any Maxis objects.

Or maybe if you mix and match them with proper fences and columns they might work better for you?

I love porches but they obstruct my view inside the house when I'm playing so to my mind the set is perfect for big, elaborate wraparound porches. When I'm watching my Sims outside I play with walls up and the roofs on. Page Up/Page Down and Home/End are the hot keys for the walls and roofs. It took a little getting used to but they're what I use now to quickly/seamlessly transition between the different views.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:26 AM
This set still crashes my game.
I tried taking out the HW_doorExterior_Single-1t_diagonal file, but that wasn't it.

Without this set my game runs.
When I have it in my downloads (despite never using it), a few seconds after loading a household, it crashes.
It doesn't crash until I let livemode play for a few seconds.
Theorist
Original Poster
#85 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:10 AM
@blockparty If you have an error log that points to something or are willing to take the time and troubleshoot this (taking out any other cc, 50/50 method etc.) I'd be happy to look and see if I can find anything. Thanks for reporting your crash either way - it's appreciated.
Instructor
#86 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 5:39 PM
I really want this set, but I'm afraid to use and and grab the house set. Please fix this soon ♥
Theorist
Original Poster
#87 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:02 PM
@jasperville Unless I have an issue in my own game (or someone gives me enough details that I can reproduce a problem) this is the final version.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 5:41 AM
This is utterly fantastic. Thanks so much. THANK YOU.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#89 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:57 PM
I wish I were a builder so I could go wild with this set. So beautiful. All the hearts. <3
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:00 PM
I spent all day yesterday restarting my game to figure this out, and here's what I found:

I was able to locate one file that causes instant crashing as described in my previous comment - that file is HW_windowColonial_Double-Shutter-3t_diagonal.
But it's not the only problem; other chunks of files also caused the same issue. I wasn't able to narrow those groups down to specific files, because then I discovered something else...
Taking a break from the restarts (each one taking half an hour), I played the game for a little while. Turns out the files I had meticulously tested and deposited in a "safe" folder, also caused problems, they just happened after a sim day had passed rather than instantly. Except for the delay, the issue was the same - sudden crash of the game.
I tested this a few times, removing the most recently cleared files just to be sure, and the problem persisted.
I removed the entire bespoke set and ran my game for many sim days with no issues.

Conclusion:
There is a fundamental problem with this beautiful set or at least many components of it.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:03 PM
I should perhaps also add that I initially tried to run the game with testingcheatsenabled, and I did not getting any error messages or insights from that, only the standard "the game has encountered an error and will close" message.
Theorist
Original Poster
#92 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blockparty
I spent all day yesterday restarting my game to figure this out, and here's what I found:

I was able to locate one file that causes instant crashing as described in my previous comment - that file is HW_windowColonial_Double-Shutter-3t_diagonal.
But it's not the only problem; other chunks of files also caused the same issue. I wasn't able to narrow those groups down to specific files, because then I discovered something else...
Taking a break from the restarts (each one taking half an hour), I played the game for a little while. Turns out the files I had meticulously tested and deposited in a "safe" folder, also caused problems, they just happened after a sim day had passed rather than instantly. Except for the delay, the issue was the same - sudden crash of the game.
I tested this a few times, removing the most recently cleared files just to be sure, and the problem persisted.
I removed the entire bespoke set and ran my game for many sim days with no issues.

Conclusion:
There is a fundamental problem with this beautiful set or at least many components of it.

So much time spent and I'm sorry to say that I still can't fix it for you, blockparty. I don't have any issues with crashing and looking at the specific window you mentioned I don't see anything wrong with it in SimPE. But I absolutely appreciate you letting me know you have a problem and if anyone else encounters an issue with the set please don't hesitate to post.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:36 PM
Beautiful sets and houses, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 2:51 PM
This is absolutely gorgeous and so wonderfully detailed. Thank you so much for this set and your hard work! When I start building again (I'm a terrible builder, but I do so try!), I'll definitely use this set. <3
Instructor
#95 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 11:57 PM
I hope you update this soon with fixes, I keep watching
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 1:05 PM
I have used this set for a while and have no problems with it and I really like it, it is beautiful. For those who have problems with it, try to remove the default files and HW_mailboxShelf_hackedPescado. When I have them in my folder it crashes my game, but when i remove them they work without any problems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:40 AM
Would like to dedicate my first comment on MTS for this build set
I really adore this set and all the color options!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:40 PM
OMG! ty very much I use them a lot! :))
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:21 AM
Hi Honeywell ! Let me tell you I adore this set and I use it a lot on almost every lots since you released them.
However, today I found an issue with the arches and I thought I should let you know.
The 1 tile centered on two tiles and the 2 tiles arches can't be used in apartments. The game says the message about invalid apartment when the changelotzoning cheat is used. I know for sure they are the problem after a few hours searching what I made wrong, I just had to replace the bespoke "1 tile centerd on 2 tiles" and the "2 tiles" arches by some others and it was it. I have 1 tile arches on the lot and they don't cause errors. I don't know about the 3 tiles as I haven't tested it in apartments.

I share my CC here !
Theorist
Original Poster
#100 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
Hi Honeywell ! Let me tell you I adore this set and I use it a lot on almost every lots since you released them.
However, today I found an issue with the arches and I thought I should let you know.
The 1 tile centered on two tiles and the 2 tiles arches can't be used in apartments. The game says the message about invalid apartment when the changelotzoning cheat is used. I know for sure they are the problem after a few hours searching what I made wrong, I just had to replace the bespoke "1 tile centerd on 2 tiles" and the "2 tiles" arches by some others and it was it. I have 1 tile arches on the lot and they don't cause errors. I don't know about the 3 tiles as I haven't tested it in apartments.

Thank you @xmathyx I'm glad you like the set and I really appreciate you letting me know about the arches on apartment lots. I can't even imagine how frustrating that must have been trying to figure out why perfectly good apartments wouldn't convert so I'm sorry for that. I don't know why the multi tile arches don't work on apartment lots so unfortunately I can't update them.

The best I can do is add a note so hopefully no one else runs into the same problem you did - thanks again for letting us know. :lovestruc
Page 4 of 7