Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:12 AM
I was surprised, last year, when I rejoined the community to realize that this community is still alive and, in fact, thriving. This game and community mean the world to me and it made my heart so happy to see both still alive and vibrant when I came back. Welcome home.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:36 PM
there was more than 300 registered users yesterday on this part of the site (more than often more visited Sims3 branch) so, it's pretty alive. The UC give the game some spin and new players.

Also a lot has changed in the last two years - you can now play the game with no problem on Linux (though Wine still does not have full DX9c implementation), even in the "technologically impaired noob mode".

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#28 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ah! I am the opposite. I must be happy and well, to feel like playing.
Each our own, and The Sims 2 will live on...

It's the same for me too. It's not one of those games I can use as an escape when I'm feeling bad, and so if I'm not in the right place for it I just don't play. Sims 2 has been and most likely always will be my favorite Sims game, but these last couple of years I just haven't played because I'm not in the right place for it and not sure I ever will be again.
Banned
#29 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:32 PM
Heh It was my first Sims, so of course it's my favorite
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:04 PM
<waves> I'm still around (since Jan 7th 2005!). I don't post much though.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:28 PM
@Corsetcrush Welcome back to the world of Sims and yes Sims 2 is still here with all the old and new die hard fan. I want to say to you stay mentally strong even if sometime life throw out a hard ball.
Think positive even when it may be hard to do so at times. I will ask in prays for your physical strength. But yes we are still playing Sims 2 I have been with Sims 2 since 2007.
And still love this game in fact it's my very first game I ever play beside the games already on window system. You are love here :lovestruc happy you are back on the team and I like all of your creation here at MTS.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#32 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 6:43 PM
Welcome back to Sims 2. Everybody else has already expressed much better sentiments than I could, so I just go through the thread clicking "agree" and "love".

I'm looking forward to seeing whatever new stuff you make for the game. :lovestruc:
Mad Poster
#33 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 8:06 PM
Nope ... I'm not here. Not at all.

I play both Sims 2 and 3. It is very possible for someone to like two different series ... I HOPE it's not an us v. them situation. And sometimes, because of health reasons, I take breaks from the game. But Sims 2 is my comfort food.

There aren't as many of us, so if you're looking for the same situation as 2008, you might be disappointed. But there is still a committed group, albeit smaller.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 11:26 PM
The only one not here is @Corsetcrush

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#35 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 2:52 PM
*waves* Welcome back and happy you are here. I play Sims 2 a lot, though I also play Sims 4 now (they seem to suit me in different moods). Some people look at me strange when I say I have a game I've played continuously for 15 years on my computer - some of my colleagues were toddlers when this version of the game was released - but it is reliably good fun.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The only one not here is Corsetcrush

I hope she's okay.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 2:23 PM
I really don't like posts like this. If there was no one still playing the sims 2, this forum would be dead. Instead, it's obviously alive and kicking.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 12:45 AM Last edited by gazania : 15th Mar 2019 at 5:29 PM. Reason: 15 years? (Counting on fingers). Oops!
I wonder if, when people post this, they're thinking it's as alive as it was in 2008.

The answer is "No." It's been fifteen years (eleven since 2008) and two more series now. We are a smaller group, though thanks to EA's wonderful free gift some time ago (no longer available, unfortunately, as far as I know), we did gain more members and this forum became more robust. For that, I thank EA. But you can't go back in time.

If you're thinking you'll get the same amount of downloads with your upload than you did in 2008, you may or may not. This is not the popular kids' table anymore. But it's certainly a lively one with some fine members!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:46 PM
I haven't been around in a while myself as I haven't been playing Sims 2 recently for technical reasons. But it's reassuring to see this part of the site still active.
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Also a lot has changed in the last two years - you can now play the game with no problem on Linux (though Wine still does not have full DX9c implementation), even in the "technologically impaired noob mode".
I don't know where else to ask this, but can someone either link to a reputable tutorial or point me in the right direction, any answer other than "look it up" please?
Scholar
#40 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
I haven't been around in a while myself as I haven't been playing Sims 2 recently for technical reasons. But it's reassuring to see this part of the site still active.I don't know where else to ask this, but can someone either link to a reputable tutorial or point me in the right direction, any answer other than "look it up" please?

it depends of the distribution but I assume you do not run any particular challenging one.
For the most part it is all down to the proper installation of Lutris (Play On Linux is deprecated now, though the game should work with that too) [ https://lutris.net/ ] with its dependencies. If you're running any popular Arch-based distro (e.g. Manjaro) Lutris should be in user repository, for the Ubuntu derivatives (Mint etc) you need to do it manually.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#41 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 3:58 PM
Back after a stint in WoW.

I'm now in the usual cycle of this phase: "WTF did I do to my Sims 2 game install last time? Where did all this unfamiliar content come from? Why does this household have triplets? WTF, self?"
Page 2 of 2